Windows 10: How can I uninstall these updates and what are they?

Discus and support How can I uninstall these updates and what are they? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, A few days ago I had to enable the iGPU of my Intel i7-4790K and reboot. I then got one update which I do not know how to remove. Two days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joanne, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Joanne Win User

How can I uninstall these updates and what are they?

Hello,

A few days ago I had to enable the iGPU of my Intel i7-4790K and reboot. I then got one update which I do not know how to remove. Two days later I had to load Optimized Defaults in my BIOS and reboot into Windows. Intel Smart Connect feature was enabled by default, and I got another update. I do not know how to remove that one, either.

Here are the updates I am talking about:

How can I uninstall these updates and what are they? [​IMG]

Windows Update forced these on my system.

- How can I remove them, please?

Thank you.

:)

Joanne, Dec 29, 2017
  2. JamesJoey Win User

What are these Folders and Can I Delete Them

C:\$WINDOWS.~BT

C:\$Windows.~WS

JamesJoey, Dec 29, 2017
  3. What are all these recent Windows updates and I'm very concerned

As of the Spectre and Meltdown bugs that was talked about recently, I'm afraid to update anything and I've been trying to force stop updates from happening because I don't know what these updates are, what they do and are they safe for my PC?(processor especially)

These are the following updates that happened for the whole month:

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4049411)

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB4023814)

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64 (KB4033393)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 x64 Edition - January 2018 (KB890830)

2018-01 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4056887)

Intel Corporation - Display - 10/17/2017 12:00:00 AM - 22.20.16.4836

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

I was also told to roll back any updates as it would cause stability issues, potential hardware and software failure. I need to know everything that's going on and which specific update to roll back.

Thanks for reading this, hope to have answers quickly.

M/Jason Chin, Dec 29, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey Joanne,
    1. Intel System - That's the Intel Smart Connect. If you don't want to use it, go to Services > Intel Smart Connection (stop if running) and set it's Start Up type to Manual
    2. Intel Corportation Media - That's an Intel Audio Driver associated with your IGPU

Unless they're causing issues, you don't need to worry about or remove them. However, you can find them in Device Manager (view > show hidden devices)
    1. Intel Smart Connect should be under System Devices
    2. Intel Audio should be under Sound, Video, Game Controllers and System Devices

Eagle51, Dec 29, 2017
  5. Joanne Win User
    Hello,

Thank you for your help but I have not found anything, anywhere. In Services I do not have any "Intel Smart Connect" or something like that. Neither do I have anything with the descriptions you gave me, in my Device Manager, and of course, I have shown Hidden Devices.

Does it have to do with the fact that Intel Smart Connect and the iGPU are currently disabled in my BIOS?
    Actually, those are always disabled! The iGPU is automatically disabled since I'm using a discrete GPU, and Smart Connect I disable manually.

Just for "a second" I logged into Win 10 Pro with those enabled and the system has forced me those Updates on the next reboot...!

Joanne, Dec 29, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Yes

Yes

Eagle51, Dec 29, 2017
  7. Joanne Win User
    Okay, I understand. Is there any way then to clear those from showing up on my Update History? I ask this just to learn something new.

And, by the way, are those drivers still installed on my system but "sleeping", somewhere? Can I delete them?
    Or, should I have to enable these Devices in the BIOS, and then uninstall them, after disconnecting from the Internet?

Thank you.

Joanne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I uninstall these updates and what are they? - Similar Threads - uninstall updates are

2. How can i uninstall 22h2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i uninstall 22h2?: I just installed windows 11 22h2 update today and i would like to go back to the previous version. will the "go back" option in recovery settings do this? ive had windows 11 for a while, dont want to revert to 10 just want to revert the latest feature update....
  3. I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?: After the last quality ! update my laptop was blinking. So I uninstalled it and now everything works well. But then Windows will reinstall its updates and the same cause will give the same result.I cheched my drivers but they were all already up to date.So what can I do ?...
  4. I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?

I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?: After the last quality ! update my laptop was blinking. So I uninstalled it and now everything works well. But then Windows will reinstall its updates and the same cause will give the same result.I cheched my drivers but they were all already up to date.So what can I do ?...
  5. How can i uninstall windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i uninstall windows driver updates: i recently installed a few windows driver updates but after installing , my Bluetooth stopped working , i have a acer aspire e5 573 windows 10 laptop and i don't have any system restore points i have tried multiple ways to fix my Bluetooth including installing drivers ,...
  6. how can i uninstall updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i uninstall updates: i have recently installed some driver updates for my windows 10 laptop and after the update , my bluetooth stopped working and i also ran the bluetooth troubleshooter but it was giving a error that my laptop is not bluetooth capable but it was working fine before the driver...
  7. What happens if I uninstall an update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I uninstall an update?: I’m going to have to update my computer soon and there’s apparently been a lot of problems with it, including an identified connectivity bug. If anything goes wrong with it where I have to uninstall the update, will everything still be there? Will I lose any files or...
  8. How can I uninstall a program or app that doesn't want to get uninstalled no matter what I...

How can I uninstall a program or app that doesn't want to get uninstalled no matter what I...: I am trying to uninstall an app or program but it keeps on saying that I need administrator permissions, however, I already tried to change all the security features, but it won't change the settings. this is so frustrating! Please help me!...
  9. How can I uninstall KB4465663

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I uninstall KB4465663: I suspect that KB4465663 is responsible for this problem. After KB4465663, KB4467702 & KB4100347 were installed automatically by Windows Update yesterday I lost the ability to connect to websites in Edge, IE or Firefox. I was able to ping external sites, connect to local...
  10. How can i uninstall uTorrent?

How can i uninstall uTorrent?: when i was try this apps uninstall it can not work and show this (screen shot) [img] [img] How can i uninstall this program?? Thank You 75847