Windows 10: How can I wake up my Brother MFC8860DN printer from my Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support How can I wake up my Brother MFC8860DN printer from my Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to scan documents with a Brother MFC8860DN from Windows 10 [Devices and Printers]. But scan doesn't appear on the menu options unless I wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stanhilliard, Aug 31, 2018.

1. How can I wake up my Brother MFC8860DN printer from my Windows 10 PC?

I want to scan documents with a Brother MFC8860DN from Windows 10 [Devices and Printers]. But scan doesn't appear on the menu options unless I wake up the printer from sleep mode. How can I wake up the printer from the PC without either going to the printer or printing a page?

:)

stanhilliard, Aug 31, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

How can I wake up my Brother MFC8860DN printer from my Windows 10 PC? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 31, 2018
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 31, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

How can I wake up my Brother MFC8860DN printer from my Windows 10 PC?

Brother MFC6800 does not wake up from sleep

Hello Sol,

To resolve the printer issue, we recommend to check this
    link

You may also try to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver, here are the steps below:

• Press Windows key +
      X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Printer Drivers and expand it.

• Right click on the Printer Drivers
      and select Uninstall.

If all else fails, we suggest to contact Brothers Solutions support
    here

Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

How can I wake up my Brother MFC8860DN printer from my Windows 10 PC?

1. How can I wake up my Brother MFC8860DN printer from my Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - wake Brother MFC8860DN

2. My brothers printer claims the firewall from my desktop and printer are not communicating...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My brothers printer claims the firewall from my desktop and printer are not communicating...: I have a brothers printer MFC-J895DW and I want to scan an item and it states that if scanning is unsuccessful try changing the security function firewall settings to allow this machine and the selected PC to communicate correctly. What I tried I can't figure it out. any help...
  3. How Can I Contact Brother Printer Support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Contact Brother Printer Support?: Brother Printer Support provides comprehensive assistance to users for all Brother printer-related issues. Their team offers guidance on printer setup, driver installation, connectivity problems, and resolving printing errors. With their expertise, users can rely on Brother...
  4. How Can I Contact Brother Printer Support?

How Can I Contact Brother Printer Support?: Brother Printer Support provides comprehensive assistance to users for all Brother printer-related issues. Their team offers guidance on printer setup, driver installation, connectivity problems, and resolving printing errors. With their expertise, users can rely on Brother...
  5. How Can I Contact Brother Printer Support?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to wake up my pc from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to wake up my pc from sleep: Problem is that every time I put my computer to sleep or it goes to sleep on its own, after the blue light indicating the power is on goes out, after i try to wake it up, the light turns back on but the screen stays black. I always end up having to force shut down then turn...
  7. How to wake up my pc from sleep

How to wake up my pc from sleep: Problem is that every time I put my computer to sleep or it goes to sleep on its own, after the blue light indicating the power is on goes out, after i try to wake it up, the light turns back on but the screen stays black. I always end up having to force shut down then turn...
  8. How can I get an icon for my brother printer on my homepage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get an icon for my brother printer on my homepage?: I need an icon on my homepage and internet in order to print copies of selected items. How can I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-an-icon-for-my-brother-printer-on-my/3454372e-ada5-48f8-8191-025dcf32daf8
  9. AADSTS50196 I have this coming up on my pc i have a brother printer and it will not allow...

AADSTS50196 I have this coming up on my pc i have a brother printer and it will not allow...: AADSTS50196 I have this coming up on my pc i have a brother printer and it will not allow me to print can u help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aadsts50196-i-have-this-coming-up-on-my-pc-i-have/b53a2f9c-f818-4a13-b139-34f132d289c9
  10. How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10

How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10: I have a all in one brother printer. I can print but I cannot scan. How do I scan? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-from-my-all-in-one-brother-printer-i/f91f2877-3282-4520-a5ca-720c793b95ac

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 wake up scanner/printer

2. how to wake up printer in windows 10