Windows 10: How can MS prevent me from getting rid of s mode?

Discus and support How can MS prevent me from getting rid of s mode? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How dare MS be so arrogant as to make my laptop useless? My whole world is on Chrome and Windows will simply not let me disable S MODE!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by simon rumney, Jun 13, 2024.

1. How can MS prevent me from getting rid of s mode?

How dare MS be so arrogant as to make my laptop useless? My whole world is on Chrome and Windows will simply not let me disable S MODE!

:)

simon rumney, Jun 13, 2024

2. Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName

I can't get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName in my Recently Added list.

If you need my computer name and version of Windows, it comes as follows.

Computer: Acer TravelMate B117-MP

Windows version: Windows 10 Home Insider Preview

HELP ASAP!!

RyanRoesler, Jun 13, 2024
  3. Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName

Thank you for the update, Ryan. Have you tried the suggested resolution on the thread that we’ve attached? If not, we suggest performing the said troubleshooting as initial troubleshooting to attempt and get rid of the icon.

We’ll be waiting for any updates on the result.

Arthur Rui, Jun 13, 2024
  4. How can MS prevent me from getting rid of s mode?

Trying to get rid of Windows 10 S mode

I am trying to get rid of S mode it sucks. When I go through the steps and click the get in the store I get a pop up saying there is an issue on our end

AdamMcPherson, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

How can MS prevent me from getting rid of s mode?

1. How can MS prevent me from getting rid of s mode? - Similar Threads - prevent getting rid

2. Why can I get rid of s mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I get rid of s mode?: I've tried literally everything. I've done the store method, I've tried updating the store, I've tried reinstalling itwhich it won't let me cause it says "this option is currently unavailable", I've even tried coding it out with the advanced start up method. Literally what...
  3. Why can I get rid of s mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I get rid of s mode?: I've tried literally everything. I've done the store method, I've tried updating the store, I've tried reinstalling itwhich it won't let me cause it says "this option is currently unavailable", I've even tried coding it out with the advanced start up method. Literally what...
  4. How can MS prevent me from getting rid of s mode?

How can MS prevent me from getting rid of s mode?: How dare MS be so arrogant as to make my laptop useless? My whole world is on Chrome and Windows will simply not let me disable S MODE! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-ms-prevent-me-from-getting-rid-of-s-mode/1ee8e0e8-3662-4afe-8195-d882385bda07
  5. How to get rid of S mode on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of S mode on windows 11?: I just got a new Hp laptop, and it's windows 11. It has S mode on it, and I've tried literally everything to get rid of S mode but nothing has worked. It always says something like "We couldn't start the upgrade" and the get button never works when I press it. I've tried...
  6. How to get rid of S mode on windows 11?

How to get rid of S mode on windows 11?: I just got a new Hp laptop, and it's windows 11. It has S mode on it, and I've tried literally everything to get rid of S mode but nothing has worked. It always says something like "We couldn't start the upgrade" and the get button never works when I press it. I've tried...
  7. How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode: I am wondering if it is possible to permanently switch out of Windows 11 S mode. I purchased a computer that came with Windows 11 Home in S Mode preinstalled, which I reimaged to install Windows 11 Pro. However, that was a whole issue in and of itself because the Windows...
  8. How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode

How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode: I am wondering if it is possible to permanently switch out of Windows 11 S mode. I purchased a computer that came with Windows 11 Home in S Mode preinstalled, which I reimaged to install Windows 11 Pro. However, that was a whole issue in and of itself because the Windows...
  9. Getting rid S Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting rid S Mode: How to get rid of The S Mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-s-mode/67c35e33-f30a-44c7-be1a-19f897e565c5
  10. Need to get rid of S mode!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to get rid of S mode!!!: Alright.. so.. I am about to LOSE it. I have been at this for about 2-3 hours, and on hold with Microsoft for the last 40 minutes. I am trying to get rid of S mode, on a BRAND NEW COMPUTER.. NOT WORKING. I downloaded a program I need to run my CNC machine, and it will not...