Windows 10: How can small storage devices users deal with the Fall Update?

Discus and support How can small storage devices users deal with the Fall Update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have read that the large Fall Update will require around 30 GB of storage space --- temporarily, --- until Windows Old is removed. How will those of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by clayto, Oct 18, 2017.

1. clayto Win User

How can small storage devices users deal with the Fall Update?

I have read that the large Fall Update will require around 30 GB of storage space --- temporarily, --- until Windows Old is removed. How will those of us with small storage devices deal with this? It is around 100% of my total space on Drive C. Can external drives be utilised?

My hybrid tablet PC (Windows 10 64 bit) has been updated OK with all feature updates up to and including Creators. But now I only have around 10 GB free on Drive C despite employing a variety of strategies, such as most apps / programs installed on D (the SD card) almost all files (documents, pictures, music) on other external drives and One Drive, daily use of a range of junk cleaners (CC, Disk Cleaner, and more)., only one Restore Point, etc.

What will happen with the (automatic) update when it fails to find enough storage?

:)

clayto, Oct 18, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Oct 18, 2017
  3. rwjustus Win User
    How can we deal with extremely small font sizes on high resolution monitors?

If you do not share my problem, why did you respond? You obviously did not check out your solution in multiple applications. It frequently does not work.

rwjustus, Oct 18, 2017
Thema:

How can small storage devices users deal with the Fall Update?

1. How can small storage devices users deal with the Fall Update? - Similar Threads - small storage devices

2. How to deal with Updates that won't Install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deal with Updates that won't Install?: I've got an update, KB5034122, that repeatedly fails to install on my windows 10, 22H2, Build 19045.3803. I get error code 0x8007007e. In fact, I have received 22 of these daily dating back to 1/13/2024. Prior to that, the same update failed to install on 1/11/2024, error...
  3. How to deal with Updates that won't Install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to deal with Updates that won't Install?: I've got an update, KB5034122, that repeatedly fails to install on my windows 10, 22H2, Build 19045.3803. I get error code 0x8007007e. In fact, I have received 22 of these daily dating back to 1/13/2024. Prior to that, the same update failed to install on 1/11/2024, error...
  4. How to deal with Updates that won't Install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to deal with these?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  6. How to deal with these?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  7. Can you expand internal storage with storage devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you expand internal storage with storage devices?: So I have a desktop PC running windows 10, with 50 GB of storage. 50 GB is not enough for me, so I want to expand it, but I also don't want to spend a lot of money on new internal hard drives since the device is pretty old. But I have a lot of USBs and external storage...
  8. Windows update in a small computer needs more space. External Storage Device is recognized...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update in a small computer needs more space. External Storage Device is recognized...: Update goes to Fix It, then to External Office Device which has a USB flash with 22.2.GB free and Next goes to Windows needs more space to update and none of the options there Recycle bin, Downloads and Storage Use have anything to be deleted. I have the Print Screens but...
  9. How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device?: Hi i am trying to Prevent Users from connecting to a USB storage device by following method, It didn't work in system. can any one help me out ? USB storage device is already installed on the computer, set the Start value in the following registry key to 4:...
  10. Can i stop 'Fall' Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i stop 'Fall' Update: Windows updated when i woke this morning to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. and i found my Graphics card AMD Radeon 3400 series is no longer supported. Ive read the various threads on this issue and seen a lot of people have this problem also and i had to roll back to...