Windows 10: How can you do multiple Eudora installs on Win 10

Discus and support How can you do multiple Eudora installs on Win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi: My XP machine's motherboard fried and I am trying to install multiple copies of Eudora 7.1.0.9 on a new Win 10 machine. Multiple installs on an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by FrFrog, Feb 6, 2017.

1. FrFrog Win User

How can you do multiple Eudora installs on Win 10

Hi:

My XP machine's motherboard fried and I am trying to install multiple copies of Eudora 7.1.0.9 on a new Win 10 machine. Multiple installs on an XPSP3 machine were easy to do (just install to a different directory) worked fine

On Win 10 the first copy installed to the default directory and works just fine but the 2nd and 3rd (installed to different folder in the default directoriy) won't run and the first install opens instead with a warning about registry entries not updated and default mail programs. I realize that Eudora is "old tech" but I like it and am use to it.

Any suggestions as to how to get it to do multiple installs?

Thank you for your help.

John S.

:)

FrFrog, Feb 6, 2017

2. The hyperlinks in Eudora 7 emails no longer work.

I have this too, but no error message. Just nothing happens when I click on a link in Eudora Email. That's on my PC. But on my laptop, which has the same version of Eudora AND has Windows 10 installed, the links work just fine.

Oh, on my PC, if I chose Edge as my default browser, the links do work. But who wants to use Edge? Not me.

JohnAshp47, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Eudora Error Message

There's no latest version of Eudora, not that doesn't have ads. We have the last paid version.

Husband, who just installed Eudora on a new system with all the updates, does not get this message.

LindaYoung_38, Feb 6, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi John,
    I don't think that application is even supported any longer.
    Maybe try a client that you can add multiple 'mailboxes' to it.
    Thunderbird and Mailbird come to mind.

Edwin, Feb 6, 2017
  5. OK, it has been a long time BUT, all you need to do for Eudora is to install the program once. If you have multiple users, you will need to configure the Eudora.exe to run from a batch file to start the Eudora.exe and point to the Eudora.ini of the user in question. Now I know you're going to ask, do you have an example of this? Not anymore...I did at one time. I'm pretty sure you could google this and find the solution...I have not tried and will let you see if you can find it. Best of luck.

play2mefish, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can you do multiple Eudora installs on Win 10 - Similar Threads - multiple Eudora installs

2. How to do clean WIN 10 install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to do clean WIN 10 install: How to do?...
  3. How to do clean WIN 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do clean WIN 10 install: How to do?...
  4. How do you replace a folder in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you replace a folder in Win 10: When I try to paste a folder where there is already a folder of the same name, instead of replacing the folder that's there, windows now "merges" the folders. I at least set it so that it tells me. But how do you actually replace the folder with the new one? The box that...
  5. Eudora

in Browsers and Email
    Eudora: Here's a question that has to do with the times. A friend wants to know if they can install Eudora 6.1.2 over Eudora 7.1 without losing any email. It seems to be the only way (maybe) of getting rid of the massive headers when forwarding email. They've tried everything they...
  6. Eudora

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eudora: I am trying to install Eudora on my laptop Windows 10 so I can transfer my email from my Windows 7 desktop but I am having difficulty with setting up. When I try to connect, the connection times out. I really love Eudora and want to remain with that email program....
  7. how to install win 10 on with multiple drives.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to install win 10 on with multiple drives.: I bought a brand new pc with win 10 pre installed with an ssd and a hdd, can I choose which drive i can install windows 10 on?...
  8. how to install win on pc with multiple drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to install win on pc with multiple drives: I bought a brand new win 10 pc pre installed with an ssd and a hdd, can I choose which drive i can install windows on during installation?...
  9. Eudora 7.1.0.9. compatibility with Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Eudora 7.1.0.9. compatibility with Win 10: I just upgraded to Win 10. I have used Eudora 7 because of it's ability to be versatile in my uses. I want to keep the app. Here are some issues I have found: Problems clicking links in emails - appears Win 10 is preventing links from working with none Microsoft browsers....
  10. Win 10 Error msg with Eudora

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Error msg with Eudora: When Eudora opens the msg "Eudora was unable to update the registry. Your default mail program has not been changed." It was suggested to put "DefaultMailTo=0" in the Eudora.ini file. Did this but the message still appears. Not a big deal, but annoying. Any other ideas?...