Windows 10: How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?

Discus and support How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Below is a screenshot made by MiniTool Free Edition. I would like to combine the two unallocated spaces and add the space to the C: partition. Do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nisko, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Nisko Win User

How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?

Below is a screenshot made by MiniTool Free Edition. I would like to combine the two unallocated spaces and add the space to the C: partition. Do I need the paid version to do this?

Attachment 96363

:)

Nisko, Aug 15, 2016

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 15, 2016
  3. rendul Win User
    Windows 10 - Delete partition System D on C Drive - what will happen?

A tech added a primary partition on my C drive, calling it System D, which is taking a large amount of memory from my C drive. I have tried to expand C, didn't work. If I empty this partition and just delete it, what happens to the space D drive used?
    Does it automatically add the space back to C or do I end up with a bigger unallocated space or another unallocated space? I have nearly 300 GB of unallocated space that I need on my drive C. How do I allocate the available space to my C Drive and extend
    my C Drive? This certainly has become difficult to manage without knowing the resulting impact.

rendul, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Haven't needed to try it on Win10 yet but on Win7 Disk Management I could use Extend Volume on a partition that had adjacent unallocated space, extend it to include that free space. The choice is still in Win10's Disk Management.

Berton, Aug 15, 2016
  5. Nisko Win User
    Still have 25Mb to consolidate. I don't know what it is for - so why can't I extend C: to include it?

Attachment 96377

Nisko, Aug 15, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I notice that your system reserved partition is only 100 mb. That is going to cause problems for future Windows 10 upgrades. I would add the 25 mb unallocated to the 100 mb system reserved partition.

And then I would remove the drive letter from the system reserved partition.

NavyLCDR, Aug 15, 2016
  7. Nisko Win User
    Thank you. However, I think I'd need the $40 version to do that. Is there another way?

Nisko, Aug 15, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 15, 2016
  9. Nisko Win User
    Thanks again. Now, How much space should I allocate for the system reserve to be safe?

Nisko, Aug 15, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would just add the 25MB unallocated space to it for now. If it isn't enough what will happen is you will try to do a major upgrade to Windows 10 - like the original build 10240 to the November Update (which is really an upgrade) then to the Anniversary Update (which is also really an upgrade) - you will get an error message that says Windows can't create or update a partition. If that happens, then you can just use MiniTool Partition wizard to take space from C: drive and add it to the system reserved partition. If that happens, increasing the system reserved partition to 400MB is usually big enough - but I would just leave it at the 125mb size you will get after you add the unallocated space to it for now.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition? - Similar Threads - combine unallocated space

2. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  3. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  4. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: partition now UNALLOCATED?: USER ERROR...I accidentally typed a SMALL c: when performing a simple backup of a Quicken file. Now the computer is named C: and primary drive.I want to have C: as a separate partition...HOW???I went thru the disk management process and saw how to name an unallocated...
  5. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: partition now UNALLOCATED?: USER ERROR...I accidentally typed a SMALL c: when performing a simple backup of a Quicken file. Now the computer is named C: and primary drive.I want to have C: as a separate partition...HOW???I went thru the disk management process and saw how to name an unallocated...
  6. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unallocated space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...
  8. Disk Partition Unallocated Space

Disk Partition Unallocated Space: [ATTACH]Hi team, I recently tried installing windows 7 and during installation, I got the message that Windows can't get installed on the selected disk due to MBR style. I converted the MBR style to GPT style by allocating 100Gb to selected Disk 0. Now after...
  9. Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space

Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space: Hello, I just assembled a new PC. It has a single 4TB hard drive. During Windows 10 installation, I created a 200gb partition to install to as the C: drive. It auto partitioned my drive into a 500MB system reserved partition, my C: drive, and two unallocated spaces of...
  10. Combine Unallocated space to System Partition

Combine Unallocated space to System Partition: Greetings all, I had 2 useless partitions, one at the very beginning of my HD and the second at the very end. My setup is GPT Basic btw. I would like to know, using MiniTool Partition Wizard version 9.1, if it is possible to merge these former partitions (now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to merge unallocated partition free version