Windows 10: how come i can't do this any more

Discus and support how come i can't do this any more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; with windows 7 I had a very easy way to take an image off of my desktop and copy it to elsewhere, like an external hard drive. I can't figure out how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robertrwalsh, Sep 18, 2015.

1. how come i can't do this any more

with windows 7 I had a very easy way to take an image off of my desktop and copy it to elsewhere, like an external hard drive. I can't figure out how to do it with windows 10. I am confident there is an easy way to do this, but I can't figure out what it is. any help would be appreciated.

:)

robertrwalsh, Sep 18, 2015
  2. N7Cmdr Win User

How do I diagnose this error report. (ANY HELP APPRECIATED)

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎11-‎Feb-‎18 10:11 AM

Status

Report sent

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 117

Parameter 1: ffff8f82d5eb34a0

Parameter 2: fffff805bc3abd90

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 4dc

OS version: 10_0_16299

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x117_Tdr:3_TdrBug:575504_TdrVTR:0_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Maxwell

Server information: b676a126-8ae0-482a-b9b6-77452c205285

N7Cmdr, Sep 18, 2015
  3. How do I diagnose this error report. (ANY HELP APPRECIATED)

Your video card driver or the video card itself has problems, as I can see.

Without looking at the logs what I would first suggest is:

Completely remove everything from Nvidia using DDU and install the newest copy of the driver available.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dri...

You can head either to Nvidia or the manufacturer of your device to get the newest driver.

Let us know if you require any assistance.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 18, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

how come i can't do this any more

Many people use a third-party program such as Macrium Reflect Free. These programs offer greater flexibility than the included Microsoft utility.

You can use the Win10 utility to do this, but it is not as quick and does not include the same rescue or other additional tools that cover most day-to-day needs.
    How to Create a System Image in Windows 10

Edit: And welcome to the forum *Smile

WhyMe, Sep 18, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    I think that the OP isn't referring to imaging a drive, but something else, like taking a screenshot. (I'm not very confident about that.)

Perhaps he could clarify.

bobkn, Sep 18, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    Are you talking about family pictures or are you talking about pictures that you downloaded from a website?

Rocky, Sep 18, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Sep 18, 2015
  8. how come i can't do this any more

clearly I have explained myself badly. I am talking about photographs that I have taken myself, edited myself and saved onto my desk top. on Windows 7 I could simply open them move them to an alternate site by SAVE TO and move them to, for instance, an external hard drive. I can't figure out how to do this from Windows 10. I can't seem to find the controls that will allow me to do this. I am confident there is an easy way to do this, but I can't figure out what it is.

robertrwalsh, Sep 18, 2015
  9. WhyMe Win User
    If you just want to move some files between folders or drives then you can drag and drop. Also, the 'Save As' function still works to save the file to a new location, such as an external drive.

WhyMe, Sep 18, 2015
  10. Save as function does not work if you can't get to it. I can't. however, the information from Rocky above works, though not nearly so simply as the old way. it isn't wonderful, but it works. that is adequate. thanks.

robertrwalsh, Sep 19, 2015
  11. WhyMe Win User
    But why does your 'save as' function not work? Something must be wrong and should ideally be fixed as it might also effect something else in the longer time, at which point it may be harder to trace.

Can you post a screenshot showing what it looks like when you are using the 'save as' function. (Just in case we are talking about different things).

I don't know much about Windows, but having the info and screenshot may allow someone with greater knowledge than I to help you out with a proper solution.

WhyMe, Sep 19, 2015
  12. I didn';t say it didn't work. I said I can't find it.

robertrwalsh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how come i can't do this any more

1. how come i can't do this any more - Similar Threads - can't more

2. I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.: I know this likely sounds confusing, but if I try to backspace twice, I can't. If i try to press the letter 'c' multiple times in a row, it stops me after the first 'c'. Similarly, I can't do two spaces in a row without pressing another button first. This just started today....
  3. I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.: I know this likely sounds confusing, but if I try to backspace twice, I can't. If i try to press the letter 'c' multiple times in a row, it stops me after the first 'c'. Similarly, I can't do two spaces in a row without pressing another button first. This just started today....
  4. I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "This App Can't Open. Check the Store for more info about Realtek Audio Console." Issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This App Can't Open. Check the Store for more info about Realtek Audio Console." Issue...: I recently switched to Windows 11 and everything was working relatively fine until recently. Now every time I plug a device into my lap top I get a notification that says "This App Can't Open. Check the Store for more info about Realtek Audio Console." This has caused...
  6. "This App Can't Open. Check the Store for more info about Realtek Audio Console." Issue...

"This App Can't Open. Check the Store for more info about Realtek Audio Console." Issue...: I recently switched to Windows 11 and everything was working relatively fine until recently. Now every time I plug a device into my lap top I get a notification that says "This App Can't Open. Check the Store for more info about Realtek Audio Console." This has caused...
  7. Error code: NU80040154. Google Play Games Beta can't be installed instead of having more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: NU80040154. Google Play Games Beta can't be installed instead of having more...: Google Play Games Beta can't be installed instead of having more than the minimum requirement.How can I install Google Play Games Beta on Windows 11?My PC configuration is:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600GPU: 1650SRam: 16 GB Usually free, 9+gb Storage: 50+ GB freeVirtualization:...
  8. Error code: NU80040154. Google Play Games Beta can't be installed instead of having more...

Error code: NU80040154. Google Play Games Beta can't be installed instead of having more...: Google Play Games Beta can't be installed instead of having more than the minimum requirement.How can I install Google Play Games Beta on Windows 11?My PC configuration is:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600GPU: 1650SRam: 16 GB Usually free, 9+gb Storage: 50+ GB freeVirtualization:...
  9. I have 1Gb/s internet speeds, but can't seem to pull more than 2Mb/s on my Windows 11 PC....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 1Gb/s internet speeds, but can't seem to pull more than 2Mb/s on my Windows 11 PC....: My Windows 11 PC registers that it should have 1Gb download speeds, I am downloading during off-hours and on an ethernet connection, and I have tested other devices to ensure these speeds are available. Despite this, and ensuring all forms of limits to download speeds are not...
  10. I have 1Gb/s internet speeds, but can't seem to pull more than 2Mb/s on my Windows 11 PC....

I have 1Gb/s internet speeds, but can't seem to pull more than 2Mb/s on my Windows 11 PC....: My Windows 11 PC registers that it should have 1Gb download speeds, I am downloading during off-hours and on an ethernet connection, and I have tested other devices to ensure these speeds are available. Despite this, and ensuring all forms of limits to download speeds are not...