Windows 10: How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10

Discus and support How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello! I’m @MarcusAsh, the Group Program Manager for Cortana and Search on the Windows PC, Phone and Tablet Group. Over the past few months, we’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10

Source: How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Feb 9, 2015

2. Cortana Animations.

Hi Anurag,

In getting all Animated Cortana mood rings, you need to have a third party app. To know more about Cortana's features, you may check this link:

Let us know if you need further help.

Jenicel Dri, Feb 9, 2015
  3. Is there a way to specify a mic just for Cortana?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that there is no such option to dedicate a mic to Cortana it is by design.

To know more information about Cortana follow the below link:

How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 9, 2015
  4. How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10

That is just so neat!

My question is, will Cortana be able to be used as on Windows Phones where developers can build apps to use Cortana? That would awesome if you could say, "Hey Cortana, send a message to CokeRobot that says What's up?" and it'll send a message via Skype to that person.

Gosh, there's so much potential with Cortana, it's just unbelievable.

Coke Robot, Feb 10, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Hope it comes to more countries while still in development soon.

swarfega, Feb 10, 2015
  6. Dave44 Win User
    hopefully be uk enabled in next build

Dave44, Feb 10, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    If you guys really wanna try it out just to satisfy your curiosity, just temporarily change your region to US. After trying it out, you'll find out for yourself if you really want to wait for it. I did try it out for an hour here in Canada but that's just it. I don't wanna see it anymore on my desktop. Disabled.

badrobot, Feb 10, 2015
  8. Dave44 Win User

If you guys really wanna try it out just to satisfy your curiosity, just temporarily change your region to US. After trying it out, you'll find out for yourself if you really want to wait for it. I did try it out for an hour here in Canada but that's just it. I don't wanna see it anymore on my desktop. Disabled. yes I have tried Cortana just hope it be enabled next build so don't have to change anything

Dave44, Feb 10, 2015
  9. Yeah this is going to work really well.........They can't even get a simple update for Office 2010 to work correctly. I would NOT put all my trust in this application. Windows Phone has hardly any public take up so the program probably works fairly well in testing as only Microsofties have the phone. What happens when all the fanbois get on the servers at the same time asking stupid questions. Will it crash and burn? As Sheldon Cooper said "Don't mock the flawed technology" I know it is not for me, what with Samsung's voice activated TV spying on people and M$ wanting people to trust their lives to a talking computer lady is no one concerned about their privacy? And what does this feature have to do with OS anyway? This should be one of the extra non core of the OS.

Indianatone, Feb 10, 2015
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .*What

11. Trust_No1 Win User
    Well I live in the US and have it definitely set to the proper language and it has never worked for me.

first, Windows 10 won't recognize an external microphone (at least on my system), I need to use my headset
    and every time I ask it something, Cortana replies with "something went wrong, try again after a little bit"

Between, Cortana, Seri and Google Voice, for me the only one that actually works well is Google Voice

Google Voice understand's me (I would estimate 98% of the time) on any machine i use with a microphone.

Seri it seems has it's good days and bad days (I don't know why, but some days it doesn't understand anything I say)

Cortana, may suffer from the same affliction Windows voice recognition software from Windows 7 had, where it needed to be trained to understand you. Unfortunately for me, after months of trying to teach it, it only understood me in 50-60 percent of the time. It became more of burden to use than it was worth.
    I have a Samsung TV with Voice (deactivated), when I did try it, it seemed to understand most of what I said, but other than turning off your TV, it served no real purpose. They have their own browser for surfing the net, but it is so slow and next to useless. I seriously doubt that there are many people who actually use it.

Trust_No1, Feb 10, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    MS seems to be tinkering with the Cortana thing somehow.
    When I shot this video a couple weeks ago, Cortana was working half ways decently, and I also had a folder in the C: drive called 'Speech'.
    Since the Rollup from last week and a subsequent install, I no longer have the Speech folder and Cortana is not working worth a hoot right now.

Edwin, Feb 10, 2015
  13. Winuser Win User

It's very rare that I can get Cortana to respond to Hey Cortana. I usually have to hit the microphone icon. Then it's very limited to what it will do. I hope to see some improvements in the next build.

Winuser, Feb 10, 2015
  14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    We still have another six months at least so don't get yourselves all worked up just yet. . .something new takes time to get right. . .oh and for those who think that MS isn't doing it their way. . .well. . .

15. rmonroe36 Win User
    Cortana has great promise. I say this from using this "assistant" daily on my Windows 8.1 Phone (Lumia 635). Some verbal commands that I use:

Shuffle - Cortana plays my music

Pause or Resume - Cortana stops, Cortana resumes playing music

Weather - Cortana tells me temperature, present conditions and displays details. I can ask for weather conditions in another city.

Open OneNote - Cortana opens OneNote (my grocery shopping list).

Remind me - Cortana will ask for the "what and when" details, repeat the reminder and ask if it is correct.

Rich

rmonroe36, Feb 11, 2015
Thema:

1. How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cortana Comes Life

2. my computer is stuck on windows 10 ver 1909, and it has come to end of life. how do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer is stuck on windows 10 ver 1909, and it has come to end of life. how do I...: it states that win 10 ver 1909 will not have any more security updates as it is not supported any more. how do I update it to another version?...
  3. When is cortana coming to Denmark

in Cortana
    When is cortana coming to Denmark: Hi are there any plans on a expansion on Cortanas languages Cortana like Danish and Norwegian, cortana has been out for a long time now and still has only a few languages to Choose from Where is Siri already has Danish and Norwegian...
  4. After shutdown PC comes back to life

in Windows 10 Support
    After shutdown PC comes back to life: Recently, a while after shut down (not just sleeping) my PC re-boots automatically. I return to it to find it back on, at the Lock Screen. If the machine has been on like this for some time, with the charger disconnected, the battery has run down, sometimes to zero. On one...
  5. cortana comes on by herself

in Cortana
    cortana comes on by herself: Cortana come on by herself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-comes-on-by-herself/4a1464c3-9b64-4e32-9194-ce6b6b5906f8"
  6. Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead Laptop Mysteriously Comes to Life: A while back I started a thread concerning my Toshiba laptop. One day it worked fine. Next day it wouldn’t even turn on, using either AC or battery. Even the light on the front, showing connection to AC, remained unlit. Yep, she was completely dead. So, I went and bought a...
  7. computer wont come back to life with mouse movement

in Windows 10 Support
    computer wont come back to life with mouse movement: Hi, A while back I discovered this thread, followed the advice and thought I had hibernate successfully disabled. Currently, there is no evidence I have hibernate enabled. I have no hiberfil.sys file, the registry entry says it is disabled (all zeroes), the is no...
  8. Windows 10 Experiences Come to Life on New Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Experiences Come to Life on New Devices: We are excited to be in Berlin at IFA 2015, where consumer electronics and appliance makers from around the world are sharing their latest product and technology innovations. We’re pleased to support our partners who have announced new Windows 10 devices that will be...
  9. Windows 10 Experiences Come to Life on New OEM Devices - Computex 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Experiences Come to Life on New OEM Devices - Computex 2016: When it comes to unveiling the latest computing experiences in Asia, nothing beats Computex 2016, the continent’s largest IT trade show. This year’s conference has attracted more than 1,600 exhibitors from 29 countries, and the excitement is palpable. It’s a thrill to support...
  10. Mixed reality in manufacturing comes to life at Hannover Messe

in Windows 10 News
    Mixed reality in manufacturing comes to life at Hannover Messe: Led by Microsoft HoloLens, global leaders in manufacturing are adopting mixed reality to increase productivity, quality, and safety I hope this month’s mixed reality blog post finds you well! For this entry, I am going to focus on some of the amazing work we are seeing...