Windows 10: How could I star or favorite folders?

Discus and support How could I star or favorite folders? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a folder, inside it contains 250+ folders containing images. SOme of the folders are important and I want to be able to star them or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tuckertcs, Jun 13, 2016.

1. tuckertcs Win User

How could I star or favorite folders?

I have a folder, inside it contains 250+ folders containing images. SOme of the folders are important and I want to be able to star them or something so when I look in at them they stand out from the rest. Is there a way I could do this? I could go to properties and customize to change the icon but then the images inside don't display as a preview on the folder's icon. Any way to do what I'm asking?

:)

tuckertcs, Jun 13, 2016

2. Favorites completely disappeared

I really appreciated the suggestion, but did not get to it yet.

Now I remembered that I had moved my Favorites with a Star into my Documents.

That when I could not see Favorites any longer in that program on the left side at the top.

I moved my Favorites with a Star back out of my Documents for this machine, and then

I could see my Favorites properly.

Don't know if I messed up anything else be doing that. I don't understand yet how for sure the

Files with a Star must work, but it appears to have something to do with Users and the apparent fact that Microsoft doesn't want files with a Star moved into another file.

In spite of what Microsoft wants, I wanted my Favorites in My Documents because I wanted to be able to backup only My Documents with Favorites in it so I could make my Backups with only one operation on files. Microsoft thwarted that idea so far for me.

Thank you for your help

Ben Nienberg, Jun 13, 2016
  3. How do I find my favorites in Windows 10?

* Original title: favorites

I have been putting qrticles in the favorites star and now I want to get to those articles but don't know how. when I open the star I just see ways to add a favorite. How do I find my favorites. I have windows 10

marciapyle, Jun 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 13, 2016
  5. tuckertcs Win User
    exactly what I was looking for so thanks! *Smile I mean it's not a star but I don't care I justr need them to stand out so this works *Smile PERFECT

tuckertcs, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it'll do the trick for you. *Smile

Brink, Jun 13, 2016
  7. tuckertcs Win User
    actually is there an alternative? whenever I drag a file into the folder the file becomes compressed but it gets annoying, I only want the folder compressed and I can do that where the folder is compressed but not the files but new files added default to compressed.

tuckertcs, Jun 14, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 14, 2016
  9. tuckertcs Win User
    ok. Actually I founf a program that can add tags to files so I could make a favorite or important tag to the folders abd then use the program to search for the favorite folders. It's called tagspace I really like it its cool.

tuckertcs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How could I star or favorite folders? - Similar Threads - star favorite folders

2. What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer. The one with a star

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer. The one with a star: build: 19042.867 What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer? Is it that easy? It has a big yellow star on the folder icon, so it must be something special. Do you keep your favorite files, apps or links or anything in it? I have searched for an answer but there is...
  3. Favorites Folder Not Expanding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites Folder Not Expanding: [img] I got the favorites to show but it does have the ">" arrow but when I click it don't expand but goes to the folder, any ideas on how to make this thing expand? 148255
  4. How To Remove a Folder from Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Remove a Folder from Favorites: Sirs, "How do I remove a folder from 'Favorites' in Photos - Windows 10 ?." [Original Title: 'Photos'] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-folder-from-favorites/e26fa34e-2bc2-48c8-91f9-6ddab9d6a246"
  5. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  6. Empty favorites folder

Empty favorites folder: I have searched the internet and everyone shows how to get to the favorites folder. My folder however is empty even though i have several links. C:\Users\lowel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default...
  7. Favorites folder

Favorites folder: How do I save a webpage to the Favorites Folder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-folder/880feec5-4a6a-43d8-8524-0aeafde670b3"
  8. Favorites Folder

Favorites Folder: Hello, one and all. I enthusiastically embraced Windows 10 and expected Windows 10 to be everything Windows 7 is and more. What I found was a massive shuffle of applications with some disappearing and new ones appearing. That's progress I guess. One of my favorite tricks on...
  9. Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge: Following instructions that used to work. Favorites list display is not showing in latest Edge browser. It just displays To see favorites here...… This makes no difference if you select show favorites bar or not within settings....
  10. How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?: I have lost all my Favorites in Edge. I have recovered a copy of the desired Favorites and have placed these favorites on my desktop as a file folder. The file structure has all the folders, and within each folder, the links to all the favorite websites. I have tried placing...