Windows 10: How could I test my PC

Discus and support How could I test my PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello On some site like Yahoo or application like Excel, my PC seem to be slower. Can't find the source or an explanation. I did erased the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by arjfca, Apr 18, 2016.

1. arjfca Win User

How could I test my PC

Hello

On some site like Yahoo or application like Excel, my PC seem to be slower. Can't find the source or an explanation. I did erased the internet historic, did the Internet speed.test. I got an SSD installed and no major fault or degradation registered. My PC as 24 GB of memory. Not the latest processor Intel I.5, but that should not be the problem

Any idea or suggestion appreciated

Martin

:)

arjfca, Apr 18, 2016

2. How to know which program is causing the start of Test Mode?

How could I know which program is the cause for Test Mode in my PC?

Joseph V. Michael, Apr 18, 2016
  3. amna12may Win User
    using OVI how could i read my smses on PC? HELP

I ve a sending logo comming on my C7, on the end of the screen as a messaage is deffered. That logo isnt going since a week, i tried to delete the message from outbox but it says Deffered... its not even opening. i guess its hang.

how to get rid of that hanged message, i even installed pc suite but it said to install ovi suite, but OVI doesnt show me message icon. :S

badly confused!!

amna12may, Apr 18, 2016
  4. arjfca Win User

How could I test my PC

Anyone has idea on how to test my PC?

arjfca, Apr 26, 2016
  5. BillyBob Win User
    You're better off putting in as many details of your PC as you can, like what speed is your CPU, what video card do you have, even what sort of ram.
    Also have a look on Toms Hardware, you'll get comparison figures on there.

BillyBob, Apr 26, 2016
  6. arjfca Win User
    Hello BillyBob. Thanks for your reply

Problem is seen mainly with Yahoo mail site and with Excel 360 ( latest version). Can't say if they use special applications or configuration from my PC. This is an intermittent problem.

Here is the spec of my PC

How could I test my PC [​IMG]

arjfca, Apr 26, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    You have a reasonably specified system - it should not be slow, unless you have malware or malfunctioning hardware/wrong or outdated drivers or BIOS. Overheating due to these problems will cause slowdowns and bottlenecks.

You need to check general health and performance. Google PC health check for some ideas.

As far as Yahoo is concerned - it is slow because it tends to have many ads that are often streaming video, so will take some time to refresh each page. - mainly internet, or an adblock that is not working properly. Try different browsers.

Excel - different versions behave differently, as do different spreadsheets vary in complexity and the number of objects that have to be updated. Also errors in a spreadsheet will cause slowdowns. Spreadsheets imported from earlier versions may respond better to reconstructing in the latest version, or running in their original version.

Fafhrd, Apr 26, 2016
  8. BillyBob Win User

How could I test my PC

Your machine looks ok, if it's not too much trouble maybe do a backup and reset the machine, or try a couple of different web browsers, is it just one spreadsheet in Excel or Excel generally, if its one spreadsheet, it could just be a large spreadsheet.

BillyBob, Apr 27, 2016
  9. pete1208 Win User
    Some antivirus programs don't turn off windows defender, so you get 2 anti-virus programs running. If you use a 3rd party one, go into control panel and see if win defender reports it is running also.

pete1208, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How could I test my PC

1. How could I test my PC - Similar Threads - test

2. HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...: HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the computer. I have unplugged and restarted.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-6000-series-will-only-print-a-test-page/722a1e51-7392-4c89-b04d-22399ccd6470
  3. HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...: HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the computer. I have unplugged and restarted.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-6000-series-will-only-print-a-test-page/722a1e51-7392-4c89-b04d-22399ccd6470
  4. How to turn off test mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off test mode: I'm trying to turn off test mode on my windows 10 by using the bcdedit command but it keeps saying that bcdedit Is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file...
  5. How to turn off test mode

How to turn off test mode: I'm trying to turn off test mode on my windows 10 by using the bcdedit command but it keeps saying that bcdedit Is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file...
  6. How to turn off test mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I can't find windows memory test results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find windows memory test results: Followed instructions to find results in the Event viewer.Searching for "MemoryDiagnostics" a record comes up saying that testing was scheduled to run immediately TRUE!.But no other record is found containing "MemoryDiagnostics". Help file says to search for...
  8. I can't find windows memory test results

I can't find windows memory test results: Followed instructions to find results in the Event viewer.Searching for "MemoryDiagnostics" a record comes up saying that testing was scheduled to run immediately TRUE!.But no other record is found containing "MemoryDiagnostics". Help file says to search for...
  9. It says "You're connected using a virtual Network adapter that we can't test."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says "You're connected using a virtual Network adapter that we can't test.": It says it and I have tried1. Network resetting - doesn't work2. Troubleshooting window update - doesn't work3. View network status and tasks and doing all that stuff - DOESN'T WORKanything else anyone can think of that could work?...
  10. It says "You're connected using a virtual Network adapter that we can't test."

It says "You're connected using a virtual Network adapter that we can't test.": It says it and I have tried1. Network resetting - doesn't work2. Troubleshooting window update - doesn't work3. View network status and tasks and doing all that stuff - DOESN'T WORKanything else anyone can think of that could work?...