Windows 10: how create 3 accounts and only 1 with the password

Discus and support how create 3 accounts and only 1 with the password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi can i create 3 accounts and only 1 with a password? for example James, Sally and Rober only 1 account Sally with a pssword so at the login... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by drugo, Feb 17, 2018.

1. drugo Win User

how create 3 accounts and only 1 with the password

hi
    can i create 3 accounts and only 1 with a password?
    for example
    James, Sally and Rober

only 1 account Sally with a pssword
    so at the login menu , only i click on sally i have to type the password

thanks

:)

drugo, Feb 17, 2018
  2. Jarek P. Win User

sign in password

But this method...

1. Use on keyboard: Win + R

2. Write "netplwiz"

3. Uncheck: "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer"

4. Click "OK"

...allows to set auto-login on Microsoft account, too. We need to give the password only once.

Jarek P., Feb 17, 2018
  3. Create password reset disk windows 10 nothing happens

A quick Google search for How to get back into Windows without a password reset disk, will reveal a wealth of information about how to use a Windows recovery thumb drive created on any Windows 10 PC to log in as administrator so you can access your data.

1) If your user account was a Microsoft login, you will only be able to access the data, but not recover the account . Microsoft has excellent account recovery techniques from any working PC.

2) If the user account was local, from the admin login, you can reset the user's password, then log back in.

3) Don't forget to close the back door you created for the recovery.

adminman7771, Feb 17, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

By default after restart Windows logs into last account.

If you want to show the list of all users (not just sign on to the last one) you need to make a task scheduler entry I believe.

Make Windows 10/8 Show All User Accounts on Login Screen | Password Recovery

It might be easier to make a simple password of "123" and train James and Rober to use it while Sally keeps her own secret.

5. Berton Win User
    I have seen 1 user with Administrative Rights that used a password and 1 Standard user without a password. Both were Local accounts. The Standard user couldn't access the first user's files.

Berton, Feb 18, 2018
  6. drugo Win User
    hi
    but when you boot or restart can you select the user?
    thanks

drugo, Feb 18, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    Yes, they could. If already logged on there's the right-click of the Start button and choose Sign out to change.

Berton, Feb 18, 2018
  8. lx07 Win User

There is another way. You could force Ctrl+Alt+Del key press at log on. Then no-one is signed on automatically. You do need Windows 10 Pro for this though.

Enable, Disable Secure Logon in Windows 10

I still think setting a password is better though. James and Rober might want to keep thing private in future. They start with "123" and change it to their own thing later.

I'm assuming they are children, if not please excuse me.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how create 3 accounts and only 1 with the password - Similar Threads - create accounts password

2. How can I create a restore point back to 3/1/22?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create a restore point back to 3/1/22?: Windows 8.1How can I create a restore point back to 3/1/22? I lost files in March and haven't figured out how to retrieve them. When I try to create a new restore point, it is just for today. How do I go back in time? Thanks - Jim...
  3. Only 1 out of 3 headsets works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 1 out of 3 headsets works: Hi,I'm trying to find a proper setup for my headset to play counterstrike + discord voice channel. Bluetooth doesn't work with these two programs, so I'm using wired headsets. My custom PC seems not to support TRSS jacks in the headphones input like a smartphone does, so I...
  4. Only 1 out of 3 headsets works

Only 1 out of 3 headsets works: Hi,I'm trying to find a proper setup for my headset to play counterstrike + discord voice channel. Bluetooth doesn't work with these two programs, so I'm using wired headsets. My custom PC seems not to support TRSS jacks in the headphones input like a smartphone does, so I...
  5. Only 1 out of 3 headsets works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How to delete the only user account and re-create it?

How to delete the only user account and re-create it?: I have only 1 user account on this device, and I want to reset it / recreate it. So how do I delete the main user account, and then Windows will do the user account OOBE?...
  7. Create Home Network: 1 modem 3 Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create Home Network: 1 modem 3 Computers: I have three PC computers all using the same modem to connect to the internet two on Windows 10, one Windows 7. Ethernet cables connect them. I would like to create a home network to share printers and software. Can I do so using only the modem or must I purchase another...
  8. 3 Computer 1 Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 Computer 1 Microsoft Account: In my office, there are 3 computers. My computer is the main computer. I want the other 2 computers to have Microsoft on them, but when I put it on them all of my files and everything transfers over to their computers. I cannot have that, I went into one of the computers and...
  9. Black screen on 1 of 3 accounts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on 1 of 3 accounts.: I have 3 accounts on my computer, mine works fine but my wife's account just loads to a black screen and a mouse pointer. Programs work if I run them through task manager. How do I fix this?...
  10. Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only: Hi, my mouse has just started having a shadow underneath it , it is only on one of my 3 monitors, i was trying to fix my bad text in the "adjust the appearance and performance of windows" tab. After this i noticed the mouse problem, i have been into the mouse advanced...