Windows 10: How customize a folder style like User profile folders in Windows 10.

Discus and support How customize a folder style like User profile folders in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Please guide me for creating folder styles as in the user profile folder of Windows 10. I can customize the folder using "Folder pictures"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iLWRs, Aug 26, 2017.

1. iLWRs Win User

How customize a folder style like User profile folders in Windows 10.

Hello,

Please guide me for creating folder styles as in the user profile folder of Windows 10.

I can customize the folder using "Folder pictures" and "Folder icons" but when I set view option to either "List" or "Detail", I see only plain yellow folder.

Please refer to image shown below:

How customize a folder style like User profile folders in Windows 10. [​IMG]

If I change the view to any option except "List" or "Details", I can see my folder customization.

I want to customize folders as they are in user-profile's folder.

:)

iLWRs, Aug 26, 2017

2. Unable to fix corrupt files using SFC

Check these :

Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10

Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10

Windows 10 tip : Customize your user profile folder name

Windows 10 tip: Customize your user profile folder name | ZDNet

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 26, 2017
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 26, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TemForums @iLWRs

Brink beat me to it, I was going to post a link to that tutorial too. *Smile

What I can add is that the icon you want to make it look like Pictures is the last one in the (very) long list of icons to choose from. Scroll right to the end and you'll find it.

6. iLWRs Win User
    thanks @Brink and @Bree for the reply.

Yeah, "Folder icons" and "folder picture" features are working fine but if I use "folder Picture" feature, then on changing view option to "List/Details", I see only plain yellow folder.

"Folder picture" customization applied to folder are not visible if "View" option is set to "List".

iLWRs, Aug 26, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    "Folder Picture" uses the thumbnail preview feature in File Explorer. Unfortunately, thumbnail previews do not show when using a small icons, list, or details view layout. *Sad

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How customize a folder style like User profile folders in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - customize folder style

2. User Profile Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Folders: In Windows 11, some folders like Documents, 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, One Drive, Pictures are understood in the user profile, but apart from this there are some folders whose functions and usages are not understood like - Favorites, Links, Music, Saved Games,...
  3. User Profile Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Folders: In Windows 11, some folders like Documents, 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, One Drive, Pictures are understood in the user profile, but apart from this there are some folders whose functions and usages are not understood like - Favorites, Links, Music, Saved Games,...
  4. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  5. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  6. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Restoring Users or Profile folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Users or Profile folders: Currently on Windows 10 x64 Pro v2004 build 19041.572 Problem occurs also in v1909 In February in setup my new system with the system drive on an SSD and the Users folder on a HDD following Kari's wonderful tutorial. No problems there. All working splendidly. However after a...
  8. User/profile is downloads folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User/profile is downloads folder: Hi, i have the same problem as this guy, but i have not a solution User/profile is downloads folder 165566
  9. User/profile is downloads folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User/profile is downloads folder: So i don't know what i did but my "User" profile shows the download symbol. Sorry it's not in English Imgur: The magic of the Internet Imgur: The magic of the Internet (this means users/profiles) Imgur: The magic of the Internet (this is supposed to be my user/profile but...
  10. User Profile Folder Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Profile Folder Name: This just something I'm starting up in hopes that enough people will complain about it that Microsoft will change the programming to make it easier to get your User folder renamed. Because going through the hassle of creating a new user, backing up all your files in your...