Windows 10: How Did My Microsoft Email Get Changed!

Discus and support How Did My Microsoft Email Get Changed! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I renamed my PC. Although I'm not sure if this is the culprit. After booting Windows 10 won't accept my password. IN the sign in screen there are 2... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JamesJoey, May 20, 2017.

1. JamesJoey Win User

How Did My Microsoft Email Get Changed!

I renamed my PC.
    Although I'm not sure if this is the culprit.
    After booting Windows 10 won't accept my password.
    IN the sign in screen there are 2 accounts showing at the bottom left. When I click one and put it the password I get logged in.

Why or how did my Microsoft account email address get changed?????

James

:)

JamesJoey, May 20, 2017
  2. wvlalo Win User

locked out of windows 10

I changed my Microsoft password and email and did not write the new password down. After repeated attempts at getting my email verified, I was asked to create a new Microsoft account using a different email. I did this; however, when I turn on my desktop,
    the old account email appears on the screen and I have no way of logging on to the computer since I don't know the password. How do I change the login email to my new account email since I cannot start windows at all? HELP!!!

wvlalo, May 20, 2017
  3. AnneSt77 Win User
    Account management and email address

I used a verizon email address to create my microsoft account. I also logon to my PC when it boots up with this email address and a microsoft password.

I had created an outlook email address as an alias.

Today on the microsoft website, I changed the alias to be the primary email account. I also changed the password.

How can I get the windows 10 logon information to be in sync with what I did on the microsoft website?

Anne

AnneSt77, May 20, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Could be you have both a Microsoft Account and a Local Account, which one are you able to log into?

Berton, May 20, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    In the search box, type netplwiz. Run the netplwiz command that appears at the top of the list. Uncheck the box for "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". Click apply. On the next window that appears, click cancel. Make sure the box for "Users must enter a user....." is checked again, click OK.

That should get rid of the extra account appearing on the login screen.

NavyLCDR, May 20, 2017
  6. Fafhrd Win User
  7. JamesJoey Win User
    I would have no idea whether it's been compromised.
    Just seems odd.

My original Microsoft email started with ... with several numbers following.
    I change my PC name to JaysPC...
    The email address was then changed to JayJoey...

Coincidence?

JamesJoey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Did My Microsoft Email Get Changed! - Similar Threads - Did Microsoft Email

2. How to change my email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my email: How to change my email on microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-email/31f3d2e9-cb14-4319-84ba-2b4d618fa225
  3. How to change my email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my email: How to change my email on microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-email/31f3d2e9-cb14-4319-84ba-2b4d618fa225
  4. How to change my email

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change email address of my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change email address of my Microsoft Account: I need to change the email address for my Microsoft Account, on a Microsoft Windows 10 Home PC. I believe that is should be an alias account be the information after @ is my local email carrier of @comcast.net. And I do not have any of the Microsoft Subscriptions on my...
  6. How to change email address of my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change email address of my Microsoft Account: I need to change the email address for my Microsoft Account, on a Microsoft Windows 10 Home PC. I believe that is should be an alias account be the information after @ is my local email carrier of @comcast.net. And I do not have any of the Microsoft Subscriptions on my...
  7. How to change email address of my Microsoft Account

8. Did Microsoft/Windows change my Settings?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Did Microsoft/Windows change my Settings?: Overnight, something happened to my laptop computer. I'm running Windows 10, and I do allow "Automatic Updates". I am not tech-savy, but I have a little knowledge/experience fixing simple issues. I have always been able to save a file to my desktop. word document; jpeg...
  9. Changed email on microsoft account but PC did not get the change, now I get "you need to...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed email on microsoft account but PC did not get the change, now I get "you need to...: I changed the email I use on my Microsoft account which was from college and I can no longer access it. So I can log in to MS's website, etc, and use the new email just fine. But somehow my PC did not get the memo on that. So now it gives me a message about how the account...
  10. microsoft has my old email how to change it?

microsoft has my old email how to change it?: how to change my old email address for Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-has-my-old-email-how-to-change-it/2b6bddc4-1df9-426a-a610-1c13edb42252