Windows 10: How did NERO Software get installed on my computer?

Discus and support How did NERO Software get installed on my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, After a recent nearly catastrophic computer mishap, I had to reinstall W10 Pro and restore my system. I was cleaning out Seagate Dashboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by glennc, Feb 25, 2017.

1. glennc Win User

How did NERO Software get installed on my computer?

Hello,
    After a recent nearly catastrophic computer mishap, I had to reinstall W10 Pro and restore my system. I was cleaning out Seagate Dashboard Software and while looking in my APPDATA Roaming I found a NERO folder with what looks like Nero 11 files. I have not purposely installed Nero ever and certainly not during my restore in the last week.
    Can anyone help me find out how it got in my computer and how to completely remove it? Going to be running AV scans and such.
    Thanks for any assistance

:)

glennc, Feb 25, 2017
  2. d2s_uk Win User

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 fails to install saying must remove Nero software

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 fails to install saying must remove Nero software. However there is no nero software on my system so I am in limbo. Please help.

d2s_uk, Feb 25, 2017
  3. Cannot uninstall Nero-Burning Rom and unable to update Windows 10

Ok,

Was the Nero Burning Rom product initially knowingly downloaded and installed by you or was it perhaps included by the devices OEM as a bundled package of software? (Note that Nero products are commonly used by OEM's in their bundled software packages on
    new devices, most often these Nero products are named "Nero (whatever numerical name) Essentials").

If the Nero Burning Rom had been installed as a standalone software product (not as an "Essentials" OEM installed) then you might be able to rectify the situation by downloading and installing the product anew and then be able to uninstall it if you want
    to be rid of it?

With Nero, the thing to look for is the Nero Control Center within the start menu under N>Nero, If the Control Center is found there then this is were you will be manipulating the Nero products. Other than that, you will most likely be able to navigate to
    what you may need at the link below, (Do note that Nero is not exactly intuitive for use, nor interaction for that matter, for those that have not previously become familiar with it, to say the least, there is a learning curve).

Nero Online Store - Buy the latest Nero Software versions

Let us know what you find and/or how it goes from there. If you need more help just let us know.

-Richard

RichardEiler, Feb 25, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Arrived here with Seagate's dashboard when I installed a Seagate NAS, "Seagate Cloud Storage Service Powered by Nero", got the Nero Folder here however it is now empty, presumably as I uninstalled the Dashboard.

clam1952, Feb 25, 2017
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    You could download and install Revo Uninstaller Free version. I have the Pro version myself. It is pretty good at removing programs and all traces of it.
    Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

OldMike65, Feb 25, 2017
  6. glennc Win User
    Hello clam1952,
    Thanks for your response!! Makes sense as it is dated the same as when I installed Seagate Dashboard. It left an empty folder in the user appdata, but left something about an online service with files in the appdata of the administration account.
    Glad to know what it is. CCleaner didn't catch it and Revo Uninstaller Pro missed it also.
    Will go and dump it, manually!!
    cheers

glennc, Feb 25, 2017
  7. glennc Win User
    glennc, Feb 25, 2017
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Did you try its "Hunter Mode" ....has lots of features, besides the normal ones. But, anyhow glad you got it solved.

OldMike65, Feb 25, 2017
  9. glennc Win User
    Actually no I don't believe I've ever gone beyond advanced scan on regular uninstall. I'll have to look into that, thanks again

glennc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How did NERO Software get installed on my computer? - Similar Threads - did NERO Software

2. How did McAfee get installed on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did McAfee get installed on my PC?: My PC woke up from sleep on its own. When I signed in, there was a popup from McAfee. I discovered that it had just been installed at the precise time my PC was awakened. I uninstalled it but am having a lot of trouble getting rid of all the related files. I'm getting help...
  3. How did McAfee get installed on my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did McAfee get installed on my PC?: My PC woke up from sleep on its own. When I signed in, there was a popup from McAfee. I discovered that it had just been installed at the precise time my PC was awakened. I uninstalled it but am having a lot of trouble getting rid of all the related files. I'm getting help...
  4. Software keeps getting randomly installed on computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Software keeps getting randomly installed on computer: I keep getting a piece of software installed on my system. Toshiba Print Experience. It is one of the store apps. It shouldn't be installing. I cannot see why it would. I do not have the Store installed and I installed the printer with the driver file and not the setup. I...
  5. How did new computer get my wallpaper slideshow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How did new computer get my wallpaper slideshow?: I'm setting up a new laptop in Windows 10 home with mode S turned off. I'm completely surprised to see a wallpaper slideshow using the collection on my desktop machine, which is also running Windows 10 home. How can I determine what's happening? Will the wallpaper disappear,...
  6. How did Intel get this on my computer?

How did Intel get this on my computer?: So im updating my computer (luckly ones that don't need restarts), no biggie, I finish and I go to shutdown to do some yard work, but it hangs on the shutdown screen, saying some application called "G" is intefering with the shutdown process. I do a hard-shutdown, turn off...
  7. how did teamviewer get on my computer ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how did teamviewer get on my computer ?: Actually TeamViewer is not spy Software. Its a legal Remote Desktop software but some Time its maybe hurtful for your pc/laptop/phone/tablet or any other device Just Because of the user permission. Ex. If you Somehow open teamviewer and connect with someone unknown people...
  8. Bad Wolf Software. How did I get it?

Bad Wolf Software. How did I get it?: I was looking at program files on my C drive and found a folder for Bad Wolf Software. I did a search and found that it is a program for writers. It also appears to be harmless. Just curious how it got there? I'm not a professional novelist, so I wouldn't need such a program....
  9. Nero

in Windows 10 Support
    Nero: Using Windows10 and have a DVD/CD but need a Nero player. There are so many on their web site which do all sorts of different things but all I want is something to create a copy and play a disc. Which one should I purchase please? Cheers. 113054
  10. Nero

Nero: Nero 12 will not install on Windows 10. They want $59 for update. 92019