Windows 10: How Do I Access 5 GHz Band On AC1750?

Discus and support How Do I Access 5 GHz Band On AC1750? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Linksys AC1750 EA7300 router. I want to use the 5 Ghz band, but it is not displayed in Network Settings. I only see my 2.4 Ghz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TexasBandit, Nov 5, 2016.

1. How Do I Access 5 GHz Band On AC1750?

I recently purchased a Linksys AC1750 EA7300 router. I want to use the 5 Ghz band, but it is not displayed in Network Settings. I only see my 2.4 Ghz band. My question is how do I change to the 5 Ghz band with this router? I cannot find an option to do that. On my previous router, RT-N56U, it was so easy. But I can't find a way to do it on this one.

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, Nov 5, 2016
  2. Sooner_Al Win User

Lumina 520 & ASUS RT-N66R 802.11n network?

I recently purchased a Lumina 520 from AT&T...

Setting up a WiFi connection to my local home wireless network was a breeze except for the fact the Lumina 520 does not see the 5 GHz band WiFi network on the ASUS RT-N66R router. It does see and connect to the 2.4 GHz band just fine. Also note the Lumina
    520 connects to every other WiFi network I have tried, although I really have no idea if any of them have been running in the 5 GHz band.

In my case I have a separate SSID for the 5 GHz band and the 2.4 GHz band so I know which one I am connected to or trying to connect to.

My Windows 8.1 laptop and iPad 4 see and connect to the 5 GHz band without issue.

The network SSID is being broadcast so that is not the issue.

Is the Lumina 520 limited to the 2.4 GHz 802.11n only?

...if not then...

Is the Lumina 520 limited to a specific 5GHz band channel?

...otherwise...

Has anyone seen a similar situation and if so any clues on how to get the Lumina 520 to see and connect to the 5 GHz band on the router?

Thanks...

Sooner_Al, Nov 5, 2016
  3. SpaceGod Win User
    Windows 10 5GHz Mobile Hotspot Option

Hello, I am trying to create a 5Ghz mobile hotspot on my windows 10 desktop with no luck. My desktop is connected to the internet through Ethernet and I have a 2.4 and 5 GHz capable WiFi card installed. I have tried multiple times to create a hotspot,
    but it creates it on the 2.4 GHz band every time and I have no option in the mobile hotspot settings window to choose a band preference. I have tried going into my WiFi card's driver options and set preference to the 5 GHz band and even disabled the 2.4 GHz
    band, but this always results in an error saying that I cannot create the hotspot. Can anyone help me with this? I am trying to do this because my router does not support 5 GHz itself and the 2.4 GHz frequency space around my apartment is super clogged up;
    also I want to do a nvidia gamestream to my TV in another room and I want maximum bandwidth for gaming which would be on the 5 GHz band.

SpaceGod, Nov 5, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

How Do I Access 5 GHz Band On AC1750?

Did you login to the router and see if it`s turned on ? Maybe it`s off by default. Login and go to the wireless settings, it has to be there.

Didn`t the router come with a manual ?

AddRAM, Nov 5, 2016
  5. I don't see a screen like the screenshot you posted allowing selection of 5 GHz in my Security Page. This is what I see, and there is no option to connect to 2 GHz or 5 GHz.

How Do I Access 5 GHz Band On AC1750? [​IMG]

I did login into the router. It lists the 5 Ghz band correctly, but is doesn't show up on Network Settings. Therefore, I cannot connect to it. I would think it should be there too, but it isn't as far as I can tell. The only entry in Network Settings is the 2.4 GHz one. What can I do to get the 5 GHz band recognized in order to connect?

TexasBandit, Nov 5, 2016
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Network settings ?

Don`t you have a wifi adapter signal down in the taskbar ? What does it show when you hover over it ? Just the 2.4 ?

That`s not the wireless settings page you have posted.

AddRAM, Nov 5, 2016
  7. Yes, I only see the 2.4 GHz band there. This is the Wireless settings page I see when logged into the router:

How Do I Access 5 GHz Band On AC1750? [​IMG]

TexasBandit, Nov 5, 2016
  8. AddRAM Win User

My shot is from my Verizon router.

You have to go to this page on your router settings.

If you don`t see the 5 GHz band when you hover over the icon in the taskbar, then it`s not broadcasting 5 GHz or your NIC can`t use it.

Keep at it, you will succeed *Shock

AddRAM, Nov 5, 2016
  9. My NIC can use 5 GHz because it was using it with the RT-N56U previously, as I stated earlier. There must be a way to do it with this AC1750 too!

TexasBandit, Nov 5, 2016
  10. AddRAM Win User
  11. I just decided if the thing was that much trouble, return it! Went back to the RT-N56U ... didn't see any real performance improvement with the AC1750 either.

TexasBandit, Nov 5, 2016
  12. Wullail Win User
    One thing you MIGHT want to try is setting the Channel number off of 'Auto' and make it a lowish number manually 36 or 48 , it's a known problem that some systems have problems seeing 5ghz bands with high channel numbers , if your router is auto-selecting a high channel , that might cause the issue.

Wullail, Nov 5, 2016
  13. Bastet Win User

From your screenshot you do have a 5GHz band & it's active, make sure your SSID/Network name is set to the 5GHz name which is your network name with _5GHz at the end. I.e. Yournetworkname_5GHz.

Bastet, Nov 5, 2016
  14. Change "Channel Width" on your 5GHz network from Auto to something else, like 80MHz.

TairikuOkami, Nov 5, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    Both the 2.4 & 5 have to have the same SSID. 2.4 has to be set to 40 and Wireless-b/g/n. 5 has to be set to 80 and Wireless-n/ac. Do not set channels to Auto.

I am using Channel 3 for my 2.4 band and Channels 100, 104, 108, 112 on the EnGenius EAP-1750H Access Point I have.

Rock solid signal and speed of 867, since 1300 is the burst speed, not the band speed.

bro67, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

1. How Do I Access 5 GHz Band On AC1750? - Similar Threads - Access GHz Band

2. Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?: Periodically in any online game every 5-7 minutes the ping jumps from 20 to 40-60 and this is accompanied by such good glitches, overclocking for one or two seconds.This happens only in the 2.4 Hz range.For example, everything is stable on the 5 GHz band, on the same...
  3. Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?: Periodically in any online game every 5-7 minutes the ping jumps from 20 to 40-60 and this is accompanied by such good glitches, overclocking for one or two seconds.This happens only in the 2.4 Hz range.For example, everything is stable on the 5 GHz band, on the same...
  4. How to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10: Depending upon the hardware, you can use 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in your Windows 10 computer to get a better internet speed. Here is how you can switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10. In general, if your computer has a 5 GHz adapter and your Wi-Fi...
  5. Laptop will only connect to 5.0 GHz band but the 2.4 GHz band shows "no internet connection".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop will only connect to 5.0 GHz band but the 2.4 GHz band shows "no internet connection".: I just installed a new WiFi router from Xfinity. My HP Windows 10 laptop is connecting to the 5.0 GHz band but not to the 2.4 GHz band. It shows "no internet connection". I've checked the duel band drivers they are updated and have tried rebooting my laptop as well as...
  6. 5 GHz band problem and request time out

5 GHz band problem and request time out: In my PC, using TP Link wireless adapter AC600 v1.0 i can't connect it to my 5Ghz band when it is plugged at the back of my PC, it says "cant connect to this network" if i plug in the front it gets connected but I'm not to able play games with ease i get constant 300 - 500...
  7. Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?: One of my users has recently experienced bad WiFi-connectivity. At boot, all was good; though after some time the number of quarter-circles indicating field strength went down, and connections became bad, at times making video conferencing MS teams lousy to impossible. I...
  8. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62
  9. Strange FiOS Quantum Gateway 5 GHz Band Behavior

Strange FiOS Quantum Gateway 5 GHz Band Behavior: I am using the Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway router. I am getting some strange behavior when trying to connecting to it with a Surface Pro 4 using the 5 GHz (either mixed N/AC or AC mode, fixed channel 40) band. Routing to the Surface seems to fail regularly as evidenced by...
  10. Can I make my network adapter prefer the 5 GHz band?

Can I make my network adapter prefer the 5 GHz band?: I have an ancient Asus Z71A laptop (Pentium M, 915GM chipset). I have Windows 10 pro x86 running just fine on it. Yes, the old laptop is slow, but it works! I disabled the built-in wifi and added a dual band AE3000 USB wifi adapter. For various reasons, I have my router/AP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i log in to a wifi access point ac1750

2. how do i access 5ghz