Windows 10: how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer

Discus and support how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I built a computer with a brand new windows pro key less than 6 months ago, I was having issues with cpu overheating and had to replace the cooler in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Max Crist, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Max Crist Win User

how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer

I built a computer with a brand new windows pro key less than 6 months ago, I was having issues with cpu overheating and had to replace the cooler in the process damaging my motherboard socket. I had to replace the motherboard. Now the windows activation troubleshooter is either having errors or sending me in circles to this site https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus?WT.mc_id=365AdminCSH_Smc#! that just sends me back to the installer. I cannot find a real solution to the problem and I cannot find a number to call or even an online chat with a Microsoft employee to resolve the problem.

:)

Max Crist, Feb 21, 2024

2. windows activation

Hi Micah,

Check the list of error codes
    here
    and follow the suggested steps to resolve it. If the error code isn't in the list, kindly send us the exact error code. You may attach a screenshot of the error. By the way, how did you get your copy of Windows 10? I suggest that you refer to this

link
    for ways on how to activate Windows 10 depending on how you got your copy of Windows.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Feb 21, 2024
  3. warup89 Win User
    Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Feb 21, 2024
  4. how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer

Activate Windows

Hello UK,

There are some factors to consider in activating Windows 10 like the build and version supported by the model or the type of Windows copy installed on a computer. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Is your Windows 10 preinstalled or is it a retail copy?
    • Is this the first time you're activating your Windows 10
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow steps provided in this support article on how to resolve Windows
    activation errors. You may also check this link for more information about activation in Windows 10.

Keep us posted so that we can further help.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer

1. how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer - Similar Threads - activate copy computer

2. How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?: I changed out my motherboard, ram, and cpu and i need to transfer my windows activation key, tho I tried reactivating it on my computer and it didn't work....
  3. How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer my windows 11 activation to my computer?: I changed out my motherboard, ram, and cpu and i need to transfer my windows activation key, tho I tried reactivating it on my computer and it didn't work....
  4. how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I activate my copy of windows on my computer: I built a computer with a brand new windows pro key less than 6 months ago, I was having issues with cpu overheating and had to replace the cooler in the process damaging my motherboard socket. I had to replace the motherboard. Now the windows activation troubleshooter is...
  5. How do I activate my Windows computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I activate my Windows computer?: I got my computer repaired recently. It had Windows 8.1 installed initially with no activation issues but was returned with Windows 10. Ever since then, it had been prompting me that my license is about to expire?...
  6. How do I activate my Windows computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate my Windows computer?: I got my computer repaired recently. It had Windows 8.1 installed initially with no activation issues but was returned with Windows 10. Ever since then, it had been prompting me that my license is about to expire?...
  7. How do I activate my Windows computer?

8. How do I activate my copy of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate my copy of Windows: I bought windows 10 for Parallels. I recently tried to reinstall Windows 10. However when I try to activate it i get error code 0XC004F213 which says Windows reported that no product key was foundFebruary 5, 2022 Order number 7786044196I've tried and tried to find how to...
  9. How do I activate my copy of Windows

How do I activate my copy of Windows: I bought windows 10 for Parallels. I recently tried to reinstall Windows 10. However when I try to activate it i get error code 0XC004F213 which says Windows reported that no product key was foundFebruary 5, 2022 Order number 7786044196I've tried and tried to find how to...
  10. How do I activate my copy of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation