Windows 10: How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

Discus and support How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program When I Send To, can I assume that the item... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Bansaw Win User

How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer.

I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program

When I Send To, can I assume that the item clicked is sent in variable %1 ?

:)

Bansaw, Sep 27, 2016
  2. Jsssssssss, Sep 27, 2016
  3. how to do Win User
    HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Sep 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 28, 2016
  5. Wildcat Win User
    Type "shell:sendto" in the address bar of Explorer and it'll take you right to the folder to add your shortcuts.

As you're asking about a variable being passed, I wrote a small batch script and placed the shortcut in the Send To folder, and the file clicked on is definitely passed to the script. But I did not check to see if it would work with multiple files (I would probably need to rewrite the batch script if that were the case).

Wildcat, Sep 28, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu? - Similar Threads - add item SEND

2. how do i fix right click context menu items?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix right click context menu items?: on windows 11 for some reason they are hidden in shift f10 thing, this adds 1 more step to a simple task.how do i fix it to go back to the original efficient way? i cannot find anything to do with this in settings....
  3. how do i fix right click context menu items?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix right click context menu items?: on windows 11 for some reason they are hidden in shift f10 thing, this adds 1 more step to a simple task.how do i fix it to go back to the original efficient way? i cannot find anything to do with this in settings....
  4. How do I add items to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add items to the start menu?: I've purchased a bunch of games from Good old Games, which puts the games in a folder called gog.com with each game in it's own folder. This is fine for Windows 7 and earlier, but the Windows 10 start menu combines all those subfolders into one big folder. There are a dozen...
  5. How to add Install CAB item to the Context Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Install CAB item to the Context Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CAB or Cabinet files are the packages mostly released by Microsoft and other OEMs as a source of offline installation of Windows Updates and even driver updates. But many users find it difficult to install CAB or Cabinet Files on [...] This post How to add...
  6. Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 You will see the Send to context menu when you right click on a file or folder in Windows. The Send to context...
  7. How to add items to the EXTENDED send-to menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add items to the EXTENDED send-to menu?: So it seems the extended send-to menu actually shows LESS than the standard send-to menu. I'd like to make them mirror one another and with the way I have send-to currentlyh configured, the only item that shows up in the extended menu is mail and my iphone (if its...
  8. Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hidden items to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...
  9. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  10. Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Send to Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device,...