Windows 10: How do I allow access to Picture, Document Photos etc after W10 upgrad

Discus and support How do I allow access to Picture, Document Photos etc after W10 upgrad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm a newbie and did look for the same question, found something similar but still not the issue im having. Since the W10 upgrade i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danantvin, Aug 9, 2015.

1. danantvin Win User

How do I allow access to Picture, Document Photos etc after W10 upgrad

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and did look for the same question, found something similar but still not the issue im having. Since the W10 upgrade i cant save to any Photos, Document or sub folders of the like. I get the error in the photo.
    How do I allow access to Picture, Document Photos etc after W10 upgrad [​IMG]
    Its the same error I get from any sub folder as If its trying to save to a different user.
    How do I allow access to Picture, Document Photos etc after W10 upgrad [​IMG]
    Its driving me crazy any help appreciated. One suggestion I tried was under properties of each folder ticking the read only box at the bottom and that didnt help. Thanks in advance.

:)

danantvin, Aug 9, 2015

2. access to files

My wife and I upgraded to Windows 10...now all the documents and photos we had on the computer are only showing up when I am logged on (she is not pleased to be cut off from her pictures); how do I allow both of us to access the files on this computer?

Thanks...

PacoRamon12, Aug 9, 2015
  3. John Cz Win User
    Confused

What does this do that I can't do with Live Mesh and Windows Live services (Contacts, Calendar, Photos, SkyDrive, etc). With Windows Live services all my data is stored elsewhere off my phone. So if I need to replace my phone, I haven't really lost anything.
    Live Mesh not only allows me keep some document folders stored/sync'd to my phone but it also allows me to remote access the desktop storage on the occassion I need that. Sharing documents, photos, etc can easily be done in Live SkyDrive, etc.

John Cz, Aug 9, 2015
  4. How do I allow access to Picture, Document Photos etc after W10 upgrad

Is your username Daniel or GDPPA?

You may just need to transfer ownership of those folders over to your new user account *Smile
    Owner of Files and Folders - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I personally make my changes using method 4, you can use whatever method you prefer. Seems like 1 may be the simplest and easiest. I still prefer method 4.

chris1neji, Aug 9, 2015
  5. danantvin Win User
    Thanks for the reply. My name is Daniel but we log in with L: gdppa@........com etc so its almost like its made a second account. Il have a crack at the link and see how i fair thanks again.

danantvin, Aug 9, 2015
  6. danantvin Win User
    Ive tried both options 1 and 4 and while it looks successful at the time i still get the same denied error. Any other suggestions?

danantvin, Aug 9, 2015
  7. What specific folder did you take ownership of? Did you take over the entire user Daniel?

chris1neji, Aug 9, 2015
  8. danantvin Win User

Hi Chris,

Ive tried taking ownership of the Daniel user folder and all sub folders after that didnt work. Still cant save getting the same permissions error. any other thoughts. Think I'm going to head back to 8.1 on this machine atleast

danantvin, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Do all windows updates. You can create a new profile to see if you still get the same issues. Once you take ownership of files you need to modify permissions for that folder and give your user permission to edit and modify and all that good stuff.

chris1neji, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I allow access to Picture, Document Photos etc after W10 upgrad - Similar Threads - allow access Picture

2. How do I access scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I access scanned documents?: I am trying to locate my scanned documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-scanned-documents/291ce515-4736-4f53-b6cb-c61d01d9132b
  3. How do I access scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access scanned documents?: I am trying to locate my scanned documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-scanned-documents/291ce515-4736-4f53-b6cb-c61d01d9132b
  4. How do I access scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  6. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  7. Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost music, picture, documents, etc.: Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up and got the computer to work, and everything was there 10 days ago. Yesterday, it was gone...everything. All the folders were...
  8. ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE IS A VIRUS - How do I restore my Document, Pictures, etc to defaults?: I installed OneDrive and it moved my pictures and documents. In my estimate, this is likely the most obscene action by Microsoft that has caused me trouble just trying to use my 6 windows 10 pcs! MICROSOFT'S CHOICE TO CHANGE DEFAULTS AND NOT ALLOW A COMPLETE RESTORE TO...
  9. sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc: Hi I have the latest october build on my PC brand new install. In one drive I have told it not to sync desktop/documents However my documents/desktop/picture folder all have a little sync icon on, and every file within them does as well. I have checked under 'show...
  10. How do I create a Profile Picture in W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I create a Profile Picture in W10: Facial recognition not available in Windows Hello setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-create-a-profile-picture-in-w10/a5136e8e-dd51-4710-9bb9-79dcaa610447"