Windows 10: How do I allow my Win10 login screen to show my full name, but still allow me to not reveal...

Discus and support How do I allow my Win10 login screen to show my full name, but still allow me to not reveal... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; New laptop. New Win10 install with all latest updates. Old Outlook.com address. Has been verified and using this as my "main" email address for my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BananaFrappe, Aug 19, 2018.

1. How do I allow my Win10 login screen to show my full name, but still allow me to not reveal...

New laptop. New Win10 install with all latest updates. Old Outlook.com address. Has been verified and using this as my "main" email address for my Win10 login. I very much like having my full name used on the Win10 login screen.

BUT, I don't want my full name revealed as the sender when I send email from my Outlook.com account. Something like "Firstname L" would be better, instead of "Firstname Lastname" as it is now. When I edit my revealed name in Outlook.com to "Firstname L" that change is carried over to my Win10 login on my laptop.

Please show me how to have my cake and eat it too.

:)

BananaFrappe, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Steeboo Win User

Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, Aug 19, 2018
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Aug 19, 2018
  4. How do I allow my Win10 login screen to show my full name, but still allow me to not reveal...

Win7 Home Premium -> Win10, Login Screens Allows Me to Login With NO User Name... Login Screen Shows...

How do I allow my Win10 login screen to show my full name, but still allow me to not reveal... 76d6a53e-ee14-4ff6-b6d5-1f47a372e417.jpg

5 User Names to Click (the number of users from Win 7)

1 Item to Click to use the fingerprint sensor

5 Items titled "Password"

Click on a user name and it shows the username and a password box (as you would expect)

Click on any of the 5 password and no username shows but you can login with any of the passwords.

Fingerprint Sensor does not recognize any fingerprints. Could need a re-do for User or a driver update.

I have reverted to Win 7 twice and reinstalled. No change in login page or behavior...

Thanks all!

JohnLuceJC, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

How do I allow my Win10 login screen to show my full name, but still allow me to not reveal...

1. How do I allow my Win10 login screen to show my full name, but still allow me to not reveal... - Similar Threads - allow Win10 login

2. How do I set my Microsoft account? It allows me to login not connected to the Internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set my Microsoft account? It allows me to login not connected to the Internet?: How do I login using my Microsoft account but have set so when it’s not connected to an Internet connection, it’s still allows me to log onto my computer without setting up a local account? I know I know it can be done without setting up a local account and I still want...
  3. How do I set my Microsoft account? It allows me to login not connected to the Internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set my Microsoft account? It allows me to login not connected to the Internet?: How do I login using my Microsoft account but have set so when it’s not connected to an Internet connection, it’s still allows me to log onto my computer without setting up a local account? I know I know it can be done without setting up a local account and I still want...
  4. My computer is not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is not allowing me to sign in: Out of nowhere whenever I try to log onto my computer it tells me “You can’t sign in to your device right now. Try a different sign in method” so I try to use the only other sign in option finger print scanner and the doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. On top of that...
  5. My computer is not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is not allowing me to sign in: Out of nowhere whenever I try to log onto my computer it tells me “You can’t sign in to your device right now. Try a different sign in method” so I try to use the only other sign in option finger print scanner and the doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. On top of that...
  6. Outbound rules still show as allowed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outbound rules still show as allowed.: Why do all of the default (pre-defined) MS Firewall outbound rules still show as allowed when I have set outbound connections to block for the Domain, Private and Public profiles? Shouldn't setting outbound connections to block block everything in the outbound list? 162311
  7. Suddenly Windows stopped allowing me to login with my PIN. I'm only allowed to login with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suddenly Windows stopped allowing me to login with my PIN. I'm only allowed to login with...: When I try to login with my PIN I can only type the PIN's first digit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-windows-stopped-allowing-me-to-login-with/e980fb58-66c4-4f07-a8b8-a74a287fc7d7
  8. Computer keeps refreshing on login screen not allowing me to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps refreshing on login screen not allowing me to login: So recently, when i turn on my computer its always seems to refresh on the login screen not allowing the login screen to pop-up, i tried restarting & shutting down my computer multiple times without any differences happening. Have my computerfor about a year and when i got it...
  9. WIN10 can not login to allow network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN10 can not login to allow network access: My Cloud Mirror access is impossible via logging in with network credentials for my device. I can not turn on file history in Windows to organize/ access the files from this HP8000 Elite PC. I have tried every ID and password combination I know and nothing works. For...
  10. How do I get win10 to allow me to fully access System drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get win10 to allow me to fully access System drive?: I ask this because right now, my pc won't even let me create a zip file in that folder from a folder thats in it. Never had this problem before. This is a fresh win10 install, well semi-fresh now, its been a few days. Like I have xpadder installed in C and it won't even let...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 show firstname login