Windows 10: How do I allow Windows to save over open files?

Discus and support How do I allow Windows to save over open files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am working in Photoshop and Maya and it is extremely convenient for my workflow to save over the last version of a texture and have Maya... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rraz, Jun 15, 2018.

1. rraz Win User

How do I allow Windows to save over open files?

Hello,

I am working in Photoshop and Maya and it is extremely convenient for my workflow to save over the last version of a texture and have Maya automatically update to the new texture. I do this all the time in OS X. Since switching to windows however, as long as a file is open in another program, I cannot just save over it. Instead I have to save out a new iteration and then manually update it in Maya. This is extremely inconvenient. How do I give Windows permission to overwrite the previous files?

Thank you.

:)

2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jun 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 16, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I allow Windows to save over open files? - Similar Threads - allow save open

2. In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?: When saving excel, word pdf files etc., I have to scroll through explorer to select the folder to save the file to. Sometimes I am saving several files consecutively to the same folder and each time I must go through the process of searching for that folder. In previous...
  3. In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?: When saving excel, word pdf files etc., I have to scroll through explorer to select the folder to save the file to. Sometimes I am saving several files consecutively to the same folder and each time I must go through the process of searching for that folder. In previous...
  4. In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to open a .save file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open a .save file: When I click the file it asks me which application I want to open it with but only gives me an option to go to the microsoft store to download one. What application I need to open this file? submitted by /u/Anklefootja [link] [comments]...
  6. saving over multiple files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    saving over multiple files: is there a way I can save over multiple files. I want to replace 157 photos with the same picture, but keep the file name submitted by /u/kira-is-a-shinigami [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnex9n/saving_over_multiple_files/
  7. How do I save files in a certain place?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I save files in a certain place?: So I very recently asked this same question and it was solved but now I'm having a little trouble again. Since I updated Microsoft Edge, I'm not able to save files in a certain place when first downloaded. I would have to wait till it's downloaded and then move it into my...
  8. saving in a file location not allowed

saving in a file location not allowed: I am trying to use a program called ccomp, its a stand alone efi program I use to tune efi vehicles, my old laptop crashed, got his new one and installed the program, went well, but when I go to save a file in the program it says please contact sytem admin due to I do have...
  9. in windows 10, how do I save an email to a file

in windows 10, how do I save an email to a file: saving an email to file in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-how-do-i-save-an-email-to-a-file/9e2bd815-415f-4605-acec-6a0128af0952
  10. How do I open this file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I open this file?: [img] I'm not computer savvy and I'm trying to download a mod for Sims 3. I finally extracted the zipped file and what appears next to it is an internet explorer icon. I double clicked on it and it opened up my download manager window like in the picture. Except when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save over open files