Windows 10: How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I spilled wine on my new keyboard and broke it so I have to use my old keyboard which has some keys that don't work. I want to know how to assign those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RST20886432, Jul 21, 2018.

1. How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home?

I spilled wine on my new keyboard and broke it so I have to use my old keyboard which has some keys that don't work. I want to know how to assign those letters/symbols/numbers to other unused keys (like the pause break key). If the hotkeys don't work in games that's okay I just need it to work for the desktop, word processing programs and Chrome. I would be very grateful for any help.

I use Windows 10 Home 4bit

:)

RST20886432, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Thanatica Win User

Assign hotkey to calculator

We're talking about how to simply get the same hotkey-related behaviour as is possible for any other application.

• So why is calculator different?
    • Why does it not have properties like all other shortcuts?
    • Why do we get a new instance when we *make* a shortcut to it and use its hotkey?
    • How the flipping crickey did this get past testing, as assigning a hotkey to calculator is a pretty sane thing to do for a power user.

/edit

And why can this forum not preserve text formatting?

Thanatica, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Assign hotkey to calculator

How can I assign a hotkey for the calculator? In Windows 7, I used to be able to right-click the calculator item in the start menu, select properties, and enter a hotkey. Works fine. But in Windows 10, the calculator shortcut in the start menu has no properties
    in the right-click-menu... So how to I get to its properties? And then how do I assign it a hotkey?

Thanatica, Jul 21, 2018
  4. How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home?

1,2,3 hotkeys

Hi,

Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that you can use as an alternative to what you typically do with a mouse. You may perform these steps to assign a hotkey to an application, and to a folder and file:

Assign a hotkey to an application:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Find the application, right-click on it > More > Open File Location.
    • Right-click on the application > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

Assign a hotkey to a folder or file:

• Create a file or folder shortcut.
    • Right-click the shortcut file > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

To know more about keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10, click
    here

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home?

1. How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - assign hotkeys keyboard

2. how do i disable hotkeys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable hotkeys in windows 10: i am trying to play a game that has it's own set of hot keys and shortcuts but when i just tired to use one, that i've used many times before, it opened a menu in settings. i cant find a setting for hotkeys in my windows settings. i searched the web for solutions but only...
  3. how do i disable hotkeys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable hotkeys in windows 10: i am trying to play a game that has it's own set of hot keys and shortcuts but when i just tired to use one, that i've used many times before, it opened a menu in settings. i cant find a setting for hotkeys in my windows settings. i searched the web for solutions but only...
  4. how do i disable hotkeys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to assign a hotkey to execute a specific task on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to assign a hotkey to execute a specific task on Windows 10?: Let's say I'm using a program for work and for some reason I have to press S, down arrow key, press S again and tap left click on my mouse twice (which I actually do), how can I do this? submitted by /u/breddlyn [link] [comments]...
  6. Hotkey assignment messed up keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hotkey assignment messed up keyboard: So I will try to explain this as simply as possible. As it stumped me to the point of AAAAHHHHHH!! A buddy of mine called me up to help him solve an issue that his son was having with remapping a hotkey combination in the Xbox game bar on PC. He remapped the key combination...
  7. Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ?

Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ?: Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ? I installed Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, but when it ran it said it could not detect any devices. If I plugged in a mouse and keyboard, used the tool to change settings, then unplugged the keyboard,...
  8. Can't assign hotkey for Burmese language

Can't assign hotkey for Burmese language: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.778. Generally I use 3 languages input English, Thai and Chinese. Recently, I've started learning Burmese. I've tried to set hotkey for it but it doesn't work. I changed many key sequences but it doesn't help. Referring to...
  9. How do i turn off the hotkeys in Windows 10?

How do i turn off the hotkeys in Windows 10?: Hello, I've had a problem for almost a year! And I have no idea how to repair it, I have HP Pavilion G6 Laptop and, I can't use hotkeys for programs like I needed to use F1 to activate a program! But it opens me...
  10. Windows Built in OS hotkey (NOT assignable application hotkeys)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Built in OS hotkey (NOT assignable application hotkeys): We use dual screen with one application using 1 screen, and the other screen for everything else including the Desktop, File Explorer etc. Application 1 requires a special Macro Keyboard which sends out CTRL-SHIFT-1 (and 2, 3, 4 etc) to it. These cannot be changed....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. assign hotkeys windows 10

2. how to assign hot keys in windows 10

3. how to assign hotkeys windows 10

4. hot keys for windows 10,
  5. create keyboard shortcut for plain text,
  6. how to program f keys windows 10,
  7. shortcut keys in windows 10,
  8. I CANT FIND MY HOT KEYS ON KEYBORAD,
  9. windows show assigned hotkey,
  10. assign hot keys in windows 10,
  11. how to assign hotkey in windows 10,