Windows 10: How do i authorize administrators on other computers on my home network to make changes on...

Discus and support How do i authorize administrators on other computers on my home network to make changes on... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a home network on which two computers (A & B) are configured, both running the latest version of Windows 10. I normally (on those rare occasions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Papa Danno, Jul 13, 2018.

1. How do i authorize administrators on other computers on my home network to make changes on...

I have a home network on which two computers (A & B) are configured, both running the latest version of Windows 10. I normally (on those rare occasions when things are working properly) can access one computer from the other and perform any administrative functions that I need to do. However, every time the Microsoft Help Desk decides it needs to reinstall Windows 10 on either computer, I suddenly can no longer access the other computer on my network.

After this recently occurred, I had to have the Help Desk remotely dial in to both computers simultaneously and fix a setting just so each computer could see the other computer. However, although I can see computer (A) on the network from computer (B) -- the one that was just reinstalled -- I no longer have administrator authority to make changes on computer (A) from computer (B). It works fine in the other direction -- i.e., administrators on computer (A) can see, access, and make changes on computer (B). But, although administrators on computer (B) can see and access computer (A), they have no authority to rename or move or delete files or folders.

I tried to add the administrators from computer (B) to the security authorization tab under the properties for a main folder on computer (A), but it would not allow me to add anyone from a different computer. So, when I access computer (A) from computer (B) and try to perform any administrative task, the message says that I need the approval of the Administrator to do so. Well, who is this mysterious Administrator. I thought I was. The security and authorizations on computers running Windows 10 (and a few previous versions) is ridiculous and counterproductive. Administrators are administrators and should be able to perform administrative functions on any computer on the network. (It is so stupid that, whenever Windows is reinstalled, I have to go through exhausting and time-consuming gyrations just so I, as the local administrator, can access folders on my computer, something that should be automatic for administrators. And once I do, I am often locked out from performing administrator tasks without the permission of the mysterious Administrator.)

Can anyone help me configure both computers so that administrators from either one can perform administrator functions on the other?

:)

Papa Danno, Jul 13, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Jul 13, 2018
  3. how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 13, 2018
  4. v12dock Win User

How do i authorize administrators on other computers on my home network to make changes on...

Network Administrator

Go find a small church or school and volunteer to be a "network administrator" for them. That is how I started out.

v12dock, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

How do i authorize administrators on other computers on my home network to make changes on...

1. How do i authorize administrators on other computers on my home network to make changes on... - Similar Threads - authorize administrators computers

2. Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?: None of the userIDs & passwords I try will work. What userid & PW should I use to access my laptop from my desktop? When I do a share of a folder it does not ask me which password I should use to connect remotely - just the name of a user....
  3. Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?: None of the userIDs & passwords I try will work. What userid & PW should I use to access my laptop from my desktop? When I do a share of a folder it does not ask me which password I should use to connect remotely - just the name of a user....
  4. How do I change the administrator on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the administrator on my computer.: I recently purchased a computer for my daughter and set it up using my Microsoft account and now we want to add her as an administrator and remove me. Thank you...
  5. How do I change the administrator on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the administrator on my computer.: I recently purchased a computer for my daughter and set it up using my Microsoft account and now we want to add her as an administrator and remove me. Thank you...
  6. How do I change the administrator of my computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change the administrator of my computer?: My granddaughter, Tatum Braxton set my computer up as though it was her private laptop when in actuality it belongs to me, Lonna Clark Braxton. How do I change the administrator for billing & ownerrship purposes?...
  7. Messaging to the other computer on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messaging to the other computer on home network: I need the Win 10 home syntax to send a text message to my wife's laptop. Her computer name isasus_laptop and mine is jack-pc. We're both on the home network. Not sure what other information is needed. Also not sure if the command is NET or NET SEND. Both seem to be viable....
  8. How do I make my home network my home network?

How do I make my home network my home network?: I am new to Windows 10 and can't get it to let me designate home and work networks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-home-network-my-home-network/88bb12d6-3435-4227-9ddb-0fac68031787
  9. how do i make my self an administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i make my self an administrator: I was messing around on my computer and delete my administrators on computer how do I make one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-self-an-administrator/822c48cd-04ff-4cc3-b76e-356739362a02"
  10. See Other Computer on Home Network

See Other Computer on Home Network: Tried seems everything. One computer on home network can see and access public folders of the other 4 computers. But, other 4 computers cannot do same. All are running updated Windows 10. All sharing and network discovery turned on. Went out to command prompt as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to authorize changes over a network