Windows 10: How do I automatically login after boot or sleep?

Discus and support How do I automatically login after boot or sleep? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have managed to log my account in automatically after booting. After sleeping shortly, the computer still shows a strange screen, which I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Martin Wyser, Jun 19, 2024.

1. How do I automatically login after boot or sleep?

I have managed to log my account in automatically after booting. After sleeping shortly, the computer still shows a strange screen, which I have to click away, but at least no password is requested. After a longer sleep, there is the strange screen, and I have to enter the password.It is now more than 2 weeks that I am trying to get the machine set up, and I am not getting anywhere. I don't find anything in settings, 90% of what I google does not work. The machine is so far from being usable, I no longer know what to do.

:)

Martin Wyser, Jun 19, 2024
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Eldmor Win User
    PC wakes from sleep automatically?

Hello. I did all the steps you listed.

1) You can't use sleep in safe mode

2) Clean boot did not help at all.

Eldmor, Jun 19, 2024
  4. How do I automatically login after boot or sleep?

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

How do I automatically login after boot or sleep?

1. How do I automatically login after boot or sleep? - Similar Threads - automatically login boot

2. How do I automatically login after boot or sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I automatically login after boot or sleep?: I have managed to log my account in automatically after booting. After sleeping shortly, the computer still shows a strange screen, which I have to click away, but at least no password is requested. After a longer sleep, there is the strange screen, and I have to enter the...
  3. How can I login windows 10 automatically after sign out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I login windows 10 automatically after sign out: Hello, I have a local account "A" with administrators permission. I am hoping to login windows 10 with "A" account automatically after sign out another user. How?...
  4. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  5. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  6. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do i automaticly login to my desktop instead of pressing sign-in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i automaticly login to my desktop instead of pressing sign-in?: I use a local account and just removed the password, because i am the only user, on my other pc it used to login straight to the desktop without going to the lockscreen but with my new pc it doesn't. I tried fixes with regedit and netplwiz but none give me the option to...
  8. 22-08-20... How do I disable Windows 10 login after sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    22-08-20... How do I disable Windows 10 login after sleep mode?: 22-August-2020 Installed the latest huge update for windows 10 & now when I wake up my PC after sleep mode, a picture comes on the screen & when I click on that I have to log in every time How do I disable this as it's 'VERY ANNOYING' Please don't point me in the...
  9. Do NOT Login Automatically.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do NOT Login Automatically.: I have TWO accounts, one WITH a password, and one WITHOUT a password. These show up in the bottom left of the sign-in screen when I Logout/Switch User etc. Is there a way to ALWAYS show the sign-in screen with the TWO accounts at Boot? Obviously WITH the passworded account...
  10. How Do I Login ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How Do I Login ?: Whenever I Want To Sign In To My Microsoft Account In Windows 10 It Keeps Telling Me To Get A PIN And I Can't Skip It Any Help On How To Skip It? If You're Asking Why Just Wouldn't Put A PIN Is Because When I Wake Up Turn On PC I Want It To Login Automatically So When I...