Windows 10: How do I back up my planes for Flight Sim X ?

Discus and support How do I back up my planes for Flight Sim X ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On the very verge to buy a new (and BETTER!) computer, but on the old one are still my plane collection that I use for Flight Simulator X. So how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RingTailCoon, Nov 9, 2016.

1. How do I back up my planes for Flight Sim X ?

On the very verge to buy a new (and BETTER!) computer, but on the old one are still my plane collection that I use for Flight Simulator X. So how do I transport these plane files from one PC to another? (after freshly installed FSX that is!)

(We are talking about 50+ planes here...)

I read somewhere that the SimObjects folder can be copied, but I'm afraid that I will end up with non-working planes...

:)

RingTailCoon, Nov 9, 2016

2. Flight Simulator X and Windows 10

Flight Sim X was working great with Windows 8 and then when I converted to Windows 10, all I see is a black box where the plane pictures show up for free flight. Every other category still appears in the box as you click through each link with the exception
    of the planes. At this point I cannot fly. Is there something else that needs to be done in order to make it work in Windows 10?

Allen Marquis, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Steam addition of Microsoft Flight Simulator...will it run in Windows 10...???

My thanks to you...excellent service via Microsoft as usual...Steam up and running...System OK for the Flight Sims I want. It will be good to get back to Flight Sim X again.

Regards,

Francis

FrancisRowley, Nov 9, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

How do I back up my planes for Flight Sim X ?

Copy the files from your old "Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Airplanes" into the same folder on the new PC.

Wullail, Nov 9, 2016
Thema:

How do I back up my planes for Flight Sim X ?

1. How do I back up my planes for Flight Sim X ? - Similar Threads - planes Flight Sim

2. Flight Sim 2020 lost a plane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Sim 2020 lost a plane.: When I re-installed flight sim 2020 a P-51 Mustang aircraft that I purchased "disappeared from my hangar". How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-sim-2020-lost-a-plane/a6bb3867-ee4e-4849-a04f-d5098b1b72dd
  3. Flight Sim 2020 lost a plane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight Sim 2020 lost a plane.: When I re-installed flight sim 2020 a P-51 Mustang aircraft that I purchased "disappeared from my hangar". How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-sim-2020-lost-a-plane/a6bb3867-ee4e-4849-a04f-d5098b1b72dd
  4. Microsoft Flight Sim X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Flight Sim X: Hello, I have been getting the same message over and over again every time I try to play the game. It says side by side error whenever I try tp play. O have tried all the remedies on the web. I would really like some help! Thank you....
  5. on Flight Sim X ive downloaded a plane from a 3rd party website and then if i want to use...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    on Flight Sim X ive downloaded a plane from a 3rd party website and then if i want to use...: on Flight Sim X ive downloaded a plane from a 3rd party website and then if i want to use it it asks me ands sais the publisher may not be verified im not sure if i should run this or is it mallware, thanks in advance, Finlay...
  6. Flight sim x

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flight sim x: For some reason the fly now button isn't there. How do I restore it? Thanks in advance, Gordon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-sim-x/74fd439c-47e1-4b32-9ba2-bf7eb42668d8
  7. Flight Sim X

Flight Sim X: Does win 10 support this?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-sim-x/f0a479f5-c046-4276-a012-1d3fe7d36caf
  8. Microsoft Flight Sim X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Sim X: Dear Community I would be very grateful if someone out there can help me with the answer to what is hopefully a very simple question: I have just purchased Microsoft Flight Sim X Steam edition. I purchased this with the intention of using a B737 (Pref.600-800 series)...
  9. Flight Sim X

Flight Sim X: I installed Flight Sim X. It installed properly but failed to put a shortcut to access the program and I can't find the program anywhere. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-sim-x/4aeff851-d08f-4f72-a642-4a08d37d2a45
  10. Flight Sim X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Sim X: I purchased FSX in October 2009. I cannot find the activation code I used to install it on my computer. As you might have guessed, I now have a new computer and want to reinstall FSX but cannot find the code. Any ideas where to look? Do I have to use Steam? I would prefer...