Windows 10: How do I backup and restore Windows Store apps?

Discus and support How do I backup and restore Windows Store apps? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm planning on doing fresh install but my internet isn't the best and so I want to backup my bigger Windows Store apps so I don't have to re-download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jkbf, Feb 9, 2016.

1. jkbf Win User

How do I backup and restore Windows Store apps?

I'm planning on doing fresh install but my internet isn't the best and so I want to backup my bigger Windows Store apps so I don't have to re-download them later (mostly games). Is there some kind of method to get a copy of them and then put them back later?

:)

jkbf, Feb 9, 2016

2. how do i backup and restore on my samsung omnia 7?

You'll need to sync your

• contacts & appointments to your windows live, google, or Exchange server account(s).
    • photos and videos to your computer via Zune connection
    • email any excel or word documents to yourself
    At least then you'll won't lose those items if you perform a hard reset of the phone.

But before you do that, install the Facebook update that was released this evening to your phone. If you don't see the notification for it yet, give it some time.....Then after you install the update, see if you are able to load pictures on facebook. Several
    days ago, Facebook acknowledged there were problems with pictures on the windows phone 7 app and this update appears to have fixed it.

Julie fka profjulie, Feb 9, 2016
  3. mulseed Win User
    how do i backup and restore on my samsung omnia 7?

as my service provider has told me to, to try and fix the problem of not being able to load pictures on facebook.

mulseed, Feb 9, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

5. jkbf Win User
    Yeah, I tried it too, but unfortunately the program doesn't work with Windows 10

6. philc43 Win User
    Hello jkbf,

If you login with a Microsoft account and use OneDrive then effectively you have a cloud record of your W10 settings & preferences and settings for all the apps that you have installed and therefore when you login to a clean install and download the apps from the store your settings will be reapplied. I know that this is not quite what you are looking for but may go some way towards it.

The other option is for you to do a repair install without losing anything. Have a look at this tutorial:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

philc43, Feb 16, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    Yeah, I just played around with it too, using various compatibility modes, with no luck either- sorry.

When I first saw this question and saw that it's been over week and still no replies, I was curious as to why. It would seem like it would be an easy fix. However, when I did some more checking, it guess it's not. I would have even guessed that there was a built in method, similar to the old 'Files & Settings Transfer Wizard, from days past.

Well, good luck.

8. jkbf Win User

Thanks for the reply! It's good to know that app settings get carried over via OneDrive. But I am asking this because I have a very limited capped internet. Redownloading the huge games would eat up my cap quickly and I'm trying to conserve it.

As for doing a repair install, my main goal of doing a full reformat is to clear out the gunk that Windows has accumulated over time. I'm afraid doing just a repair install will still leave those files around.

EDIT: And also it says this on there:
    In Windows 10, this feature no longer preserves user-acquired Windows apps.
    So yeah...

Yeah, Android has apps that let me back up my APK files from the Play Store and it installs without problems. It sucks that there's no native way to do it. I was hoping since this is the Windows 10 forums, someone here might know of a trick to do it and just aren't bothering writing up a tutorial since nobody seems to be looking for it.

jkbf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I backup and restore Windows Store apps? - Similar Threads - backup restore Store

2. How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?: For my explanation, I was uninstalling some programs that I mostly don't know and was about to reset my pc since my windows 10 is getting a bit slower.After some time for my windows 10 installing, for some reason my monitor is pitch-black and my pc is running. It didn't show...
  3. How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?: For my explanation, I was uninstalling some programs that I mostly don't know and was about to reset my pc since my windows 10 is getting a bit slower.After some time for my windows 10 installing, for some reason my monitor is pitch-black and my pc is running. It didn't show...
  4. How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I backup and restore apps to a fresh Windows installation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I backup and restore apps to a fresh Windows installation?: I'm experiencing a really annoying issue that will force me to format my SSD and install a fresh version of Windows 10. I have many apps & games installed and I really don't want to manually reinstall everything, so is there a way to backup apps & their data then restore them...
  6. How Do I Backup Windows Store Games AND Restore It Again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Backup Windows Store Games AND Restore It Again: Hi , I Was Looking For A Way To Backup Windows Store Games Which In This Case Is Forza Horizon 4 , I Want To Reset My PC , But I Don't Want To Download Forza H4 Again Since I Have A Limited Bandwith Of Wifi With Slow Wifi Speeds...
  7. Window Store stopped - how do I restore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Window Store stopped - how do I restore: With latest Win 10 update, both Windows Store and Microsoft Solitare Collection stopped working. How do I restore Windows Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-store-stopped-how-do-i-restore/d8118562-e576-4f75-9103-318cd2c37a1e"
  8. Windows Backup & Restore app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup & Restore app: I have a new 2 month old Dell Inspiron 15-3567 laptop. I had Dell Backup and Recovery (DBaR) Premium app on a previous Inspiron. DBaR was not preinstalled on the new Inspiron. I am attempting to reinstall the basic DBaR but it is taking forever. Is there another backup...
  9. How do i restore the windows store? or reinstall windows store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i restore the windows store? or reinstall windows store.: hi gurus, I have been facing issue with latest windows 10 mandatory update which i had to do on 10 Nov. Not sure which version that was. After that update which took around 2 hours, I got the screen flashing issue which got resolved after deselecting the windows error...
  10. how do i backup my apps?!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how do i backup my apps?!: i'm still searching for a method/software/app/script to backup my apps or have, at least, a list of installed apps. i'm used to do system image backups but last time it went corrupted and i had to format and remember what was installed... i could have a log in my microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup windows store apps

2. how to backup windows store apps

3. backup de las apps de windows store

4. how do I backup windows store apps