Windows 10: how do i backup my apps?!

Discus and support how do i backup my apps?! in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; i'm still searching for a method/software/app/script to backup my apps or have, at least, a list of installed apps. i'm used to do system image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pietro, May 30, 2016.

1. pietro Win User

how do i backup my apps?!

i'm still searching for a method/software/app/script to backup my apps or have, at least, a list of installed apps.

i'm used to do system image backups but last time it went corrupted and i had to format and remember what was installed... i could have a log in my microsoft account but a (automatic) backup/reinstall would be better.

thanks

:)

pietro, May 30, 2016

2. How do I backup my entire phone as a single backup file

I have a running HTC trophy. It has no slot for an expansion card. I would like to backup my entire phone contents through my zune installed on my windows 7 pc. I do not know how to do this. I know I can back up my contacts and calendar in the cloud on my
    live ID, but I would also like to local backup like we had in sprite backup or SPB backup in WM 6.5 devices.

Pl help me.

Thanks

Dr Alpa Modi MS, May 30, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    How do I backup my entire phone as a single backup file

Currently, a full device backup is only done when an update happens. You cannot initiate a backup manually.

Entegy, May 30, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You can see list of all your apps in W10 by using the Store App. In the App click on settings (your icon) and select My Library. In the Apps section select show all. It will indicate if the apps you have previously purchased or downloaded are installed on your present device.

On a new device, if you login via your Microsoft account this will be the way you can select the apps to reinstall them.

philc43, May 30, 2016
  5. pietro Win User
    thank you, i've been missed this improvement in store app...

pietro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how do i backup my apps?! - Similar Threads - backup apps

2. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  3. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  4. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...
  5. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...
  6. Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.: I'm trying to move to a new PC, and take my apps & settings with me. Both new & old PC's are win 11 professional.First I need to sync my apps on the current PC, However, the 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out:External Link to image as upload fails in this...
  7. Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.

Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.: I'm trying to move to a new PC, and take my apps & settings with me. Both new & old PC's are win 11 professional.First I need to sync my apps on the current PC, However, the 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out:External Link to image as upload fails in this...
  8. Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...

Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...: HiI have two system, ypthe first one is HP Notebook PC, and another system is Desktop PC.Both running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 release version, and I have use the same email for Microsoft account on both systemWindows Backup is enabled on both system including DesktopWhen the sync...
  9. Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...: HiI have two system, ypthe first one is HP Notebook PC, and another system is Desktop PC.Both running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 release version, and I have use the same email for Microsoft account on both systemWindows Backup is enabled on both system including DesktopWhen the sync...
  10. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...