Windows 10: How do I backup my laptop to One Drive?

Discus and support How do I backup my laptop to One Drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I backup my laptop to One Drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BLMah, Aug 13, 2018.

1. BLMah Win User

How do I backup my laptop to One Drive?

:)

BLMah, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Need a Backup Solution

I need to figure out the best way to back all my data up.

I have an 60GB OCZ Vertex as an OS drive and two 1TB Samsung F3 drives. One drive is used for storage and the other will be used for whatever backup plan I decide on.

I need to back up both drives in my desktop and also my laptop. My laptop has an eSATA port.

The backups need to be automatic. (for the desktop, I can do the laptop manually) The backups also need to have some way to be restored. The ability to be read by another computer would be nice also.

So I'm looking for the whole backup/recovery plan. Any suggestions? Fire away.

angelkiller, Aug 13, 2018
  4. How do I backup my laptop to One Drive?

Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I backup my laptop to One Drive? - Similar Threads - backup laptop Drive

2. If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...: Umm the title is my questions thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-backup-my-laptop-using-the-default-backup-ie/880af015-24ac-40eb-adf3-3b3c31e5b4f4
  3. If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...: Umm the title is my questions thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-backup-my-laptop-using-the-default-backup-ie/880af015-24ac-40eb-adf3-3b3c31e5b4f4
  4. how do I backup w11 locally without using one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I backup w11 locally without using one drive: I try to backup W11 but I keep getting forced into using One Drive.I don't want to use One Drive for backups.Do I need to buy third party software in order to do basic backups in W11?In W10 I could do backups. Microsoft keeps "improving" their products to the point they no...
  5. how do I backup w11 locally without using one drive

how do I backup w11 locally without using one drive: I try to backup W11 but I keep getting forced into using One Drive.I don't want to use One Drive for backups.Do I need to buy third party software in order to do basic backups in W11?In W10 I could do backups. Microsoft keeps "improving" their products to the point they no...
  6. How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?: If I go through the OD app and turn on "Backup" It says it's on. When I go to my account online and click on One Drive-Manage-Device Backup there is nothing there. Where do I find it the backup or how do I force OD to create a backup? I've Unlinked a relinked OD account,...
  7. How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?

How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?: If I go through the OD app and turn on "Backup" It says it's on. When I go to my account online and click on One Drive-Manage-Device Backup there is nothing there. Where do I find it the backup or how do I force OD to create a backup? I've Unlinked a relinked OD account,...
  8. How do I rename a backup drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rename a backup drive?: After a recent Microsoft update I discovered my photography drive name was changed from F: to H:.I'm devastated. I have thousands of photos on that drive and now Lightroom Classic won't recognise them because the F: drive no longer exists. How on earth do I fix this?...
  9. One drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive backup: Hello!,I want to back up my hard drive to one drive for windows 11 how do I?Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/f6b4f330-7b91-4e66-8f1f-839488cc3644
  10. CAN I BACKUP MY COMPUTER ON ONE DRIVE,AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I BACKUP MY COMPUTER ON ONE DRIVE,AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?: CAN I BACKUP MY COMPUTER TO ONE DRIVE,AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?THANK YOU. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-backup-my-computer-on-one-driveand-if-so-how/e187a458-484b-49d7-aa89-997b648bfac2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to back up my lap top with one drive

2. backup to one drive from my hard drive

3. backup hp laptop to one drive

4. backup my contacts in my laptop to one drive