Windows 10: How do I block AmazonAssistant ? Keeps installing after removal

Discus and support How do I block AmazonAssistant ? Keeps installing after removal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have no use for the AmazonAssistant. I went into cpanel and uninstalled it. Next day MS reinstalled it. It is using up space and ram. I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017.

1. jimjoe Win User

How do I block AmazonAssistant ? Keeps installing after removal

I have no use for the AmazonAssistant. I went into cpanel and uninstalled it. Next day MS reinstalled it. It is using up space and ram. I would like for it to go away and stay away.

How do I stop this program from being installed ? I have Win 10 Home 64-bit.

Thanks !

:)

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  2. eckonzed Win User

Amazon assistant - can't remove

I had the same problem. Here's how I got around it.

Do a search on your computer for "AmazonAssistant-US.msi". Mine was located in C:\Windows\Temp. This is the original installer for the Amazon Assistant . Double click on the "AmazonAssistant-US.msi" file and it will give you the option to remove. Job done.

Of course if you or the person who installed the Amazon Assistant originally have been super efficient and deleted the installer file, you'll have to track down another copy.

eckonzed, Mar 18, 2017
  3. CJUSTIS Win User
    Amazon assistant - can't remove

Job Done! U R da man! TYVM!

smiles,

chip

CJUSTIS, Mar 18, 2017
  4. How do I block AmazonAssistant ? Keeps installing after removal

Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "ContentDeliveryAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "OemPreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEverEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SilentInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SubscribedContentEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\SuggestedApps" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Mar 18, 2017
Thema:

How do I block AmazonAssistant ? Keeps installing after removal

1. How do I block AmazonAssistant ? Keeps installing after removal - Similar Threads - block AmazonAssistant Keeps

2. Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.: Hello, I accidentally downloaded a malicious file which contained a Trojan and thankfully Windows automatically quarantined it.It says that it will be removed automatically, but it's been here for a while.How do I remove it manually?Thank you!...
  3. Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.: Hello, I accidentally downloaded a malicious file which contained a Trojan and thankfully Windows automatically quarantined it.It says that it will be removed automatically, but it's been here for a while.How do I remove it manually?Thank you!...
  4. How do I block hackers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I block hackers: How do I block hackers from accessing files/folders over the local network if I never need to share anything with other computers on the network? disable client for microsoft networks? 180666
  5. how do i block access

how do i block access: so my laptop is brand new i have barely even begun to use it ..... the reason i went to get it in the first place is that someone was remotely accessing my computer through i guess some secondary login i couldn't find. or they set up some work group...i really was having to...
  6. How do I block ads?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I block ads?: Someone recommended Firefox. I don't want to change from Edge. I am tired of this one advertiser who keeps distracting me with moving information and there is never an X in the upper right corner. I contacted the advertiser and haven't heard anything. You'd think they'd want...
  7. How do i block a website ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i block a website ?: I've tried the notepad method but the the host file doesn't show up, is there an alternative? Please help! submitted by /u/--PlusUltra-- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdhz4i/how_do_i_block_a_website/
  8. How do I un block...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I un block...: Your recent answers apply to downloading a program from the internet. This is NOT my problem, I already have the .exe file in my downloads folder. The problem is that it will not run on windows 10. Windows 10 is blocking it rather than a web client. Thanks, Elias...
  9. How do I block emoji?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I block emoji?: How do I stop the popup of emojies on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-emoji/c8e20d30-65e5-4968-ad5d-65293afdae3a
  10. HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES

HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES: Hello can anyone please tell me how to block gambling websites I would like my partner to stop playing bingo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-websites/c4d30f13-5e57-4eb3-9b58-f649b6546cc6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AmazonAssistant-US.msi