Windows 10: how do I block windows 10 update popups?

Discus and support how do I block windows 10 update popups? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The latest windows update is very intrusive, it blacks out my entire screen to display a message. I need to bypass this update, since there is no way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by saber3s, Jul 29, 2018.

1. saber3s Win User

how do I block windows 10 update popups?

The latest windows update is very intrusive, it blacks out my entire screen to display a message. I need to bypass this update, since there is no way that my 16GB SSD has over 10GB of free disk space that this update demands.

how do I block windows 10 update popups? [​IMG]

:)

saber3s, Jul 29, 2018

2. How to block popups on IE

Hello,

Kindly try the steps below and check if this helps in blocking popups on Internet Explorer.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Tools from top right corner.
    • Select Internet Options and click on Privacy tab.
    • At the bottom of the Privacy tab, you should have a Pop-up Blocker
      section. If you want pop-ups to be blocked, check the "Block pop-ups" option.
    Write to us if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. how do I block windows 10 update popups? - Similar Threads - block update popups

2. Blocking "How do you want to open this file?" popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking "How do you want to open this file?" popup: Is there any way to permanently block the "How do you want to open this file?" popup.As an example, I double clicked just now to open a .psd Photoshop file and the popup appeared with Photoshop highlighted and the checkbox "Always use this app to open .psd files" unticked -...
  3. Blocking "How do you want to open this file?" popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking "How do you want to open this file?" popup: Is there any way to permanently block the "How do you want to open this file?" popup.As an example, I double clicked just now to open a .psd Photoshop file and the popup appeared with Photoshop highlighted and the checkbox "Always use this app to open .psd files" unticked -...
  4. Blocking "How do you want to open this file?" popup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. block McAffee popups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    block McAffee popups?: Block McAffee pop ups on pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-mcaffee-popups/38390196-ea70-4b24-afb8-215dce6d25ae
  6. block McAffee popups?

block McAffee popups?: Block McAffee pop ups on pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-mcaffee-popups/38390196-ea70-4b24-afb8-215dce6d25ae
  7. block McAffee popups?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How do I disable this popup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I disable this popup: Win 10 Pro See image below. When I shut down/boot several other things, this popup appears, some may find it useful I find it annoying. I still want to carry out the action but not having to confirm it each and every time. 178651
  9. block popups in windows 10

block popups in windows 10: How do I block popups in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-popups-in-windows-10/f0321819-bcb4-4c64-9389-606ff213dd4c
  10. How do I block Mobile updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I block Mobile updates: I have a weird thing going on with updates on my Win 10 computer. It claims management in the Mobile Service has settings I'm not allowed to change. I'm the only person on this computer. I don't need Mobile anything on this desktop. The only thing it will let me do right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to block popups in windows10

2. how do i block popups on windows 10

3. how to block ads in windows edge

4. windows 10 update popups,
  5. how to block unwanted servers,
  6. how do i block unsolicited emails,
  7. stop unwanted phone email,
  8. block unwanted emails in windows10,
  9. how do i block an unwanted download,
  10. block update popups,
  11. block windows 10 update popups