Windows 10: How do i boost a microphone when there is no option anywhere to do so?

Discus and support How do i boost a microphone when there is no option anywhere to do so? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey! I recently bought a new headset (Sennheiser PC 373D) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 My issue is that when im in chat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shady Bliss, Jul 4, 2017.

1. How do i boost a microphone when there is no option anywhere to do so?

Hey!

I recently bought a new headset (Sennheiser PC 373D) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My issue is that when im in chat on any sort of VIOP software everyone cannot hear me very well and the quality of the mic sounds awful (like im under water or behind a wall "muffled").

I have tried going to the sound "Recording devices" option and to "levels" but i cannot find mic boost in there. I thought this might be because of it being a USB headset and the drivers are in the headset or whatever.

I really don't want to return this headset because its so good for quality and the 7.1 surround sound is just top notch.

I also ordered another headset to test that out (Hyper x Cloud 2)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When i join VIOP with friends using this headset everyone says its 10x clearer and i can be heard very well. So what the hell is going on lol?

:)

Shady Bliss, Jul 4, 2017
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Can't boost microphone in Windows 10

Using Realtek HD audio manager with with kworld G98 gaming headset.

After getting my mic set up and testing it with windows recording software I found that it works but at a very low volume. I went into windows settings and put my mic at max volume but that still is not enough and after searching the net I saw the answer
    is to "increase your microphone boost". However there is no boost option from windows or Realtek's software.

So how do I enable mic boost options?

And in the "custom" tab the "microphone boost" box is checked.

How do i boost a microphone when there is no option anywhere to do so? [​IMG]

_Daniel_S_, Jul 4, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

How do i boost a microphone when there is no option anywhere to do so?

pepanee, Jul 5, 2017
  5. Sorry, guess I forgot to mention that I have the software installed for the headset.

No it doesn't have any options for microphone. It has only options for sound quality settings, I.e music/esports/game/off. None of these change the microphone.

Shady Bliss, Jul 5, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    If you haven't already.. Search for, and open, Ease Of Access

Try changing up some options in the Speech Recognition section

pepanee, Jul 5, 2017
  7. I have had a look in there yes. But you can't do much, other than setup a new device from what I can remember from last night. But I definitely could find anything to boost the mic or adjust it in anyway.

I have even tried adjusting with my Realtek software but it doesn't detect USB headsets, only jacks.

Shady Bliss, Jul 5, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Have you tried downloading the Realtek driver directly from Realtek?

When I did that I got Enhancements (graphics equaliser etc).

But I can't recall ever not having a mic boost as you say in #1. Other posts say whether that's present or not is driver dependent.

dalchina, Jul 5, 2017
  9. pyramid10 Win User
    Is there remotely a chance you are being pranked/punked? Have you heard what the mic sounded like? Or is it entirely based on what was reported to you?

pyramid10, Jul 5, 2017
  10. I did think this. But when I get randoms from different games saying they can't understand me and that I'm too quiet I knew for sure it's a mic issue.

Shady Bliss, Jul 5, 2017
  11. Yeah I have the Realtek drivers that come with my motherboard chipset disks. I also looked to see if it's the latest version and it's on R2.81.

But do you get the enhcnments tab on a USB headset yourself? Because I've looked everywhere and don't see it.

Another thing as well is Realtek isn't going to work here unless I have a headset with jacks that can be plugged in the front panel or back. It just doesn't pick up USB headsets.

Shady Bliss, Jul 5, 2017
  12. I just got a replacement from Amazon and the mic is exactly the same. Honestly it must be my computer setup. Because i know others that use this headset and its fine. So what the hell is going on.

Shady Bliss, Jul 6, 2017
  13. fireberd Win User

On SOME systems, there is a LEVEL control in the Sound Panel/Recording Section for the Microphone.
    I don't have a microphone so I can check mine, but I've seen a "LEVEL" panel in the Microphone Properties.

In the Recording Section, RIGHT click on the Icon for the Microphone and then LEFT Click Properties if your luck there will be a "Levels" Tab and allow adjusting the volume level.

Here is a picture of my Stereo Mix, if lucky you will have something similar for the microphone.

fireberd, Jul 6, 2017
  14. > I have tried going to the sound "Recording devices" option and to "levels" but i cannot find mic boost in there. I thought this might be because of it being a USB headset and the drivers are in the headset or whatever. in original post *Smile

I already tried this, but thank you for your reply.

Shady Bliss, Jul 6, 2017
  15. Btw just an update on this problem, i did some digging around on youtube for reviews of the product and it turns out its just the drivers or software for that particular headset. It's sennheisers fault, they haven't updated their shit to make the mic sound better.

This video here is linked at the point when sound tests on the mic of two headsets. His is not as bad sounding as mine but you get the jist. There are also comments from him saying he spoke to sennheiser to get this fixed but hey ho they haven't done shit. So i have just refunded the headset.

Shady Bliss, Jul 7, 2017
Thema:

1. How do i boost a microphone when there is no option anywhere to do so? - Similar Threads - boost microphone option

2. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?: Good day everyone!I tried dual booting a linux distro with my windows 10. I used my Disk D not disk C to give space for the linux distro. Now I wanted to delete the volume that I've given to my linux so that I can extend my disk D volume, but I can't seem to delete it. I used...
  3. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?: Good day everyone!I tried dual booting a linux distro with my windows 10. I used my Disk D not disk C to give space for the linux distro. Now I wanted to delete the volume that I've given to my linux so that I can extend my disk D volume, but I can't seem to delete it. I used...
  4. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone boost option missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone boost option missing: Hi Recently i started having this problem with my Bluetooth headphones. I use ms teams for my calls & whenever i connect my Bluetooth headphones it gets connected & i am able to hear everyone..but my voice is not reaching them...they cant hear me. I did troubleshooting &...
  6. Microphone Sound Boost Option Not There

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Sound Boost Option Not There: I recently ordered two sets of headphones for my wife and I. The headphones did not work at first, but I figured out her pc just needed me to use the boost microphone option in addition to bringing up the volume to 100. However, my newer pc does not have the boost option and...
  7. Microphone boost

Microphone boost: Hello, I would like to know any way possible to increase the volume of my microphone for general purposes of voice communication. I mainly use Discord, Teamspeak and Microsoft Teams. As you can see in the screenshots below, the micrphone level is at the maximum and there...
  8. Microphone Boost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Boost: alright so i'm seeing for some people that their mic boost can go up to 30-40db, but mine is capped at 10db (apparently its the max) I was wondering if I could somehow remove that cap, maybe I can't do it at all, but I'm using realteks audio drivers and I've already tried...
  9. USB Headsets Do Not Have a Boost Option?

USB Headsets Do Not Have a Boost Option?: I use a Corsair VOID Wireless headset. My microphone is too quiet. In my device settings, I have "Levels" set to 100%. In Corsair Utility Engine, I have the input set to 100%. In Discord and in my Games, I have the input set to 100%. But it is still too quiet. Recording...
  10. No "Microphone Boost" option in Windows 10

No "Microphone Boost" option in Windows 10: Hello. As the title suggests, I am missing the "microphone boost" option on Windows 10. I had it previously with my SB Audigy sound card but after I made a switch to the X-fi Titanium, it has vanished. (All drivers are up to date). Confused by this, I switched back to...