Windows 10: How do i boot into UEFI in a Toshiba Laptop?

Discus and support How do i boot into UEFI in a Toshiba Laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Through BIOS on this Toshiba Laptop i am using i was able to boot into UEFI mode. That was it's default setting. But then i decided to to wipe the Hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gMemo92, Jun 18, 2017.

1. gMemo92 Win User

How do i boot into UEFI in a Toshiba Laptop?

Through BIOS on this Toshiba Laptop i am using i was able to boot into UEFI mode. That was it's default setting. But then i decided to to wipe the Hard Drive using DBAN to re-install a new clean copy of Windows10 64-bit. So i installed it then when i restarted the computer to finish it updating it wouldn't boot it kept telling me Media Device: Fail. So i changed UEFI to CSM / Compatibility and it booted but now it won't boot in UEFI mode at all. Why won't it?

Also i reinstalled Windows 10 using a Disc.

:)

gMemo92, Jun 18, 2017
  2. mittins1 Win User

Windows update Keeps failing, Please help!

Hi,

I couldn't perform the clean install as the BIOS does not pick up my memory stick as an option to boot from.

I believe the USB stick is formatted correctly as I used the windows media creation tool to burn windows 10 onto it.

The boot options I do get are:

P7: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB

Windows Boot Manager (P.O: TOSHIBA DT01ACA200)

VendorCoProductCode

P.O: TOSHIBA DT01ACA200

UEFI:IP4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

UEFI: IP6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

UEFI: VendorCoProductCode

Disabled

If I change from UEFI mode to legacy I also gain an option for Hard Drive.

I also tried disabling secure boot support to no avail.

mittins1, Jun 18, 2017
  3. BSOD ERROR 0xc000021a

Thx for quick response. Does Secure boot actually matter? Would it be possible not to select Secure boot and run from UEFI only

Have had issues in the past with screwing around with Toshiba BIOS?

atillathehun41, Jun 18, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Post image of disk partitions from disk management.

cereberus, Jun 18, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    On the DBAN web site it appears that it does not have UEFI support.
    There was no more information posted other than a red X.
    Data Removal: Darik's Boot and Nuke - DBAN
    Something happened to the partition.

If you open the Toshibia bios can you manually change the bios to uefi?

Do you know the F key to boot to a device?

Can you manually set the boot order so that USB is on the top?

If you can do the above you can use a windows 10 iso to perform a clean install of windows 10 version 1703 in uefi.

Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10

1) Power on the computer and click the applicable F key to boot to the bootable windows 10 iso flash drive.
    2) delete partitions
    3) format the drive
    4) install windows 10 version 1703
    5) update windows
    6) install drivers from the Toshiba web site
    7) install applications
    8) restore files
    See this link for additional information: Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Jun 18, 2017
  6. gMemo92 Win User
    Thank you for the help. I was able to fix this by making a bootable USB with the current Windows 10 64-bit ISO from Microsoft using their media tool.

Though this time i used disk part command to wipe the Drive to re-install Windows using the USB. I didn't use DBAN because that would have taken long (1TB HDD)

But now i can boot in UEFI mode.

Hopefully this helps anyone in the future with this small problem.

gMemo92, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i boot into UEFI in a Toshiba Laptop? - Similar Threads - boot UEFI Toshiba

2. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  3. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  4. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to know if a laptop supports UEFI Secure Boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to know if a laptop supports UEFI Secure Boot.: Hii, I wanted to know if my laptop Dell Inspiron 3543 support UEFI Secure Boot ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-a-laptop-supports-uefi-secure-boot/40ab0357-ac95-4fbe-9d01-d730b5763d60
  6. how do I add a docking station to my toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I add a docking station to my toshiba laptop: how do i add a toshiba docking station to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-docking-station-to-my-toshiba/f21f22bd-9a5c-4042-8071-abfd31e2bf32
  7. Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop

Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop: Hi All, After a windows update this past week I have encountered this boot loop issue on my Surface Laptop Gen 1. Here is a screenshot. As you can see there is a HDD icon in the top right corner with an X [IMG] I have tried various options with MS support over the...
  8. How do I fix missing camera on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix missing camera on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop: The camera can no longer be found on my Toshiba Satellite Laptop L750, it was working fine but is no longer visible in Device Manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-missing-camera-on-a-toshiba-satellite/a14ff2e5-2672-4972-bf3c-eda6631b6e58
  9. Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu: So about one and a half weeks ago, I was snooping around my Discord cache folder before i deleted everything in it just because I was curious about it, and when I reopened the command prompt, I forgot to change the directory and accidentally converted some files in my user...
  10. UEFI BOOT

UEFI BOOT: Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues. When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. l755 uefi boot

2. toshiba tecra i5 8th gen changed from eufi to csm nit booting

3. toshiba change uefi boot loop

4. vendorCoProductCode,
  5. vendorCoProductCode toshiba,
  6. booting to uefi toshiba laptop