Windows 10: How do I burn a DVD?

Discus and support How do I burn a DVD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial for this? In Windows it was quite straightforward, I do it in Windows Explorer. File Explorer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by STU9000, Nov 23, 2017.

1. STU9000 Win User

How do I burn a DVD?

Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial for this?

In Windows it was quite straightforward, I do it in Windows Explorer. File Explorer in Win10 though? I'm lost.

I've got to the bit where I name the DVD and the window is there showing me the files waiting to be burned. Then I go into Share and click the button that says Burn To Disc and then nothing happens.*sarc

What am I missing?

They're DVD-R's so I don't know if they are compatible with this computer, and I don't know how to check that but it's not telling me they aren't compatible. It can read them anyway...

:)

STU9000, Nov 23, 2017

2. how do i burn a cd.

Well all depends on what you are doing. Are you trying to duplicate a cd or burn files from a folder to cd.

what burning software program do you have or are using?

usually you open up your burning software program and select the type of burn such a data disk or audio disk etc, then you browse from that program to the folder of the files, select them, they load into program and select to burn the disk.

if you are trying to copy a cd, then select to copy or duplicate a cd, let is read the files, then it will open the tray to insert a blank disk and then it will burn files onto the disk.

seahawks65, Nov 23, 2017
  3. how do i burn a cd.

I keep getting an error: "The source and destination file names are the same." The CD is blank.

Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

John-Bruns, Nov 23, 2017
  4. STU9000 Win User

How do I burn a DVD?

Oh. Would it be Right click on the drive and then choose burn to disc maybe?

Well done Microsoft for convoluting the process even further...

STU9000, Nov 23, 2017
  5. STU9000 Win User
    Why. Why... WHY do they keep changing things!

STU9000, Nov 23, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    If you are having problems with Windows Disc Burning utility, try the Free CD BurnerXP. You can choose to make a Data CD/DVD or AudioCD , or DVD etc, very easy to use.

spunk, Nov 23, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I burn a DVD?

1. How do I burn a DVD? - Similar Threads - burn DVD

2. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  3. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  4. I can't burn my DVD question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't burn my DVD question: After I used media creation tool, I can't burn my DVD because of iso file is too large. I don't my have flash drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-burn-my-dvd-question/0d46f624-1c43-4833-a49f-ff4741ae7539
  5. I can't burn my DVD question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't burn my DVD question: After I used media creation tool, I can't burn my DVD because of iso file is too large. I don't my have flash drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-burn-my-dvd-question/0d46f624-1c43-4833-a49f-ff4741ae7539
  6. I can't burn my DVD question

7. Help with DVD burning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with DVD burning: Hi, I recently copied an 8MM reel to an SD Card can only copy directly onto an sd card, not usb or anything else and now I wish to transfer that from the SD card to a blank DVD-r, I have done this in the past no problems but now I am having issues with the DVD working on a...
  8. Help with DVD burning

Help with DVD burning: Hi, I recently copied an 8MM reel to an SD Card can only copy directly onto an sd card, not usb or anything else and now I wish to transfer that from the SD card to a blank DVD-r, I have done this in the past no problems but now I am having issues with the DVD working on a...
  9. Help witth DVD burning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help witth DVD burning: Hi, I recently copied an 8MM reel to an SD Card can only copy directly onto an sd card, not usb or anything else and now I wish to transfer that from the SD card to a blank DVD-r, I have done this in the past no problems but now I am having issues with the DVD working on a...
  10. Help witth DVD burning

Help witth DVD burning: Hi, I recently copied an 8MM reel to an SD Card can only copy directly onto an sd card, not usb or anything else and now I wish to transfer that from the SD card to a blank DVD-r, I have done this in the past no problems but now I am having issues with the DVD working on a...