Windows 10: How do I bypass the opening picture screen and go straight to the sign in screen?

Discus and support How do I bypass the opening picture screen and go straight to the sign in screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I 1st turn on my laptop it shows different pictures from all around the world and up it the corner it asks if I like the picture and want to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LPlotzke, Jul 17, 2018.

1. LPlotzke Win User

How do I bypass the opening picture screen and go straight to the sign in screen?

When I 1st turn on my laptop it shows different pictures from all around the world and up it the corner it asks if I like the picture and want to see more like it. As soon as I touch anything on the scree it going to the password enter screen. How do I bypass the opening picture screen? before all I had to do was hit the power button the password screen came up, I put my password in and it went to my preferred home screen.

:)

LPlotzke, Jul 17, 2018
  2. davej1983 Win User

Bypass sign in screen - Surface 3, Windows 10

I would like to bypass the log in screen that appears after the lock screen when I wake up my surface.

Steps I've taken:

- Switched to a local account with no password set

- used netplwiz and unchecked "Users must enter a name and password to use this computer"

- Made sure that "Don't require a password" is selected on the power options/system settings

When I start the surface from power off, it loads directly to the desktop. However if it is from sleep or when the screen times out (if those are different) the lock screen appears, then after that a sign in screen appears where I have to tap "Sign in" to
    get to my desktop. I would like to bypass that second screen so after the lock screen it goes straight to my desktop.

davej1983, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Bypass sign in screen - Surface 3, Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

I understand that you were able to bypass entering the username/password on the sign-in screen when you start the computer. You have tried most of the steps which is appreciated.

Does the computer asks you to enter the password after it wakes up from sleep?

We have reproduced the scenario. This is by design and we cannot bypass the screen the screen you mention.

Anish A Kumar, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

How do I bypass the opening picture screen and go straight to the sign in screen?

Opening screen picture

Hi Sharon,

You can customize the settings of the lock screen and desktop screen background picture in the Pesonalization page of Settings. You can also change the profile picture that you're seeing on the log-in screen in the Accounts page of Settings. Just to clarify,
    are you referring to the desktop screen, the lock screen, or the profile picture of your user account?

To change the background picture of the lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Lock screen.
    • Under Choose your picture, you can select from the default list of photos or you can click on
      Browse if you want to select the photo that you want.

You can change the background picture of the desktop by following the same steps above but instead of choosing lock screen, select
    Background.

You can replace the profile picture of your user account by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Your info.
    • Under Create your picture, choose Browse for one to see choose the profile photo that you want.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I bypass the opening picture screen and go straight to the sign in screen? - Similar Threads - bypass opening picture

2. How to bypass "Sign In Screen"- NOT "Log In" OR "Paswword"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to bypass "Sign In Screen"- NOT "Log In" OR "Paswword": Simple request, I want to bypass "Sign In" screen on startup or coming out of sleep. Windows 10 version 20HT 180551
  3. How to bypass "Sign In Screen"- NOT "Log In" OR "Paswword"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bypass "Sign In Screen"- NOT "Log In" OR "Paswword": Simple request, I want to bypass "Sign In" screen on startup or coming out of sleep. Windows 10 version 20HT 180551
  4. how to bypass logon screen

how to bypass logon screen: I have tried the one about typing netplwiz in run box then go to box that has logon password uncheck box that says user must inter password to logon then inter password then confirm then click okay twice I have tried this over and over again and it never works this is a new...
  5. Sign-In Screen Picture Is Blurry.......

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-In Screen Picture Is Blurry.......: Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing that the sign-in screen picture, when you boot up, is blurry? I've been told that this was done on purpose - and started after the SA build 18237 was installed. Really? Who in the world that programmed this build thought this was...
  6. How to change picture on sign on screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change picture on sign on screen?: How do I change the picture on the sign on screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-picture-on-sign-on-screen/591320c6-574a-4517-87e1-3aa5b93f2717
  7. Bypass sign on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bypass sign on screen: Computer returns from sleeping or hibernating and always return to sign on screen. I want it to go directly to last open application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-sign-on-screen/d24231ee-ebd0-496e-8ec6-5c91a64136b6
  8. can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop

can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop: I have read this thread "Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password" and I am either confused by the verbage or it just doesn't work for me. My situation is a brand new Dell laptop with win 10 pro. Out of box setup forced me to enter a pin, and I assume...
  9. On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen

On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen: Every morning when I press a key to wake my computer up, I then have to click 2 more times to get off the screen the MS shows me before I can get to my desktop. I think it's called the Lock screen. But it's always some picture with a message up top that says "Like what you...
  10. how do I go straight to desktop

how do I go straight to desktop: I want to be able to go straight to desktop when the computer wakes up or turns on. I do not want to see 'like what you see' or a login prompt. I am the only one using my computer and am tired of having to click my way to the desktop every time I sit down. These features are...