Windows 10: How do I change an icon in the notification area?

Discus and support How do I change an icon in the notification area? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Also, how do I drag an icon to the notification area? Thank you. 110494 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, May 17, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I change an icon in the notification area?

Also, how do I drag an icon to the notification area? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, May 17, 2018
  2. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, May 18, 2018
  3. DonTolson Win User
    How do I change default system notification sound?

Hi Tia, if you go to Settings, then Notifications and Actions, then scroll down to the "Show notifications from these apps" you'll see a list like "Alarms and Clock, Block and Filter, Cortana, etc.". If you tap on the text of the notification you want to
    change, you'll then get to a screen where you can change the sound associated with the notification.

It looks (from your screenshot) that you were in a similar spot. Is the sound you're wanting to change not in that list?

DonTolson, May 18, 2018
Thema:

How do I change an icon in the notification area?

1. How do I change an icon in the notification area? - Similar Threads - change icon notification

2. How do I get the one drive icon in the taskbar notification area?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the one drive icon in the taskbar notification area?: I've tried: settings>personalization>taskbar>select which icons appear on taskbar, but Microsoft one drive icon is not a choice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-one-drive-icon-in-the-taskbar/5a659156-fb42-401f-99dc-47f381a4bc31
  3. How do I get the one drive icon in the taskbar notification area?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the one drive icon in the taskbar notification area?: I've tried: settings>personalization>taskbar>select which icons appear on taskbar, but Microsoft one drive icon is not a choice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-one-drive-icon-in-the-taskbar/5a659156-fb42-401f-99dc-47f381a4bc31
  4. How do I get the one drive icon in the taskbar notification area?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notification area icon settings change on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area icon settings change on restart: When I restart or logoff and logon to Windows 10 some notification area icons get switched off. Is there any way to prevent this? 166918
  6. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  7. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  8. Change notification area expansion arrow icon

Change notification area expansion arrow icon: So. I am and have been looking for a way to change the system tray arrow icon that shows you the icons that are in the tray once you click on it [img] I highlighted it in pink. I want to change that icon. 84278
  9. Notification Area Icons location

Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  10. How to change size of icons in system tray / notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change size of icons in system tray / notification area?: Hi, I'd like to increase the size of icons in system tray / notification area of Windows 10. Is it possible to do this, maybe changing some registry values? Thank you in advance. 75515