Windows 10: How do I change colors of selected items and hovered items in Win10?

Discus and support How do I change colors of selected items and hovered items in Win10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I had dark green selected item color and it partially transferred to Windows 10. My colors of Taskbar etc are turned on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hella666, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Hella666 Win User

How do I change colors of selected items and hovered items in Win10?

I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I had dark green selected item color and it partially transferred to Windows 10. My colors of Taskbar etc are turned on. I chose dark gray color of Title Bars, Taskbar etc., through the Personalization menu. But I can't find where the color of selected items can be chosen? If I re-install Windows 10 clean, how will I customize it? Also, I'm not very satisfied now on the upgraded version, cause not all selected items are green, some are whitish-blue, and also when I hover over items they are blue too. This is how my Total Commander looks after the Windows upgrade:

How do I change colors of selected items and hovered items in Win10? [​IMG]

I wanna get rid of blue tabs here, can I do it? I read this article Inactive Title Bar Color - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums and was able to change my inactive title bars. I don't see any option there for selected and hovered items, can I create it? *Sick

:)

Hella666, Jul 21, 2016
  2. Potzki Win User

Change Windows 10 Mouse Hove/Highlight Color

Hello,

I want to change the color that is given to items that are moused over/hovered over such as files in File Explorer. I have bad eyesight and it currently set to a very light blue and want to make it a more distinctive color so it's easier to see. I would
    also like to change the color of a selected item in File Explorer which is currently set to the same light blue color.

Thank you,

Potzki, Jul 21, 2016
  3. kees-j Win User
    continuing problems with start menu colors

I have a very expensive HP elitebook 850 with touchscreen with win10 professional.

One problem drives me crazy. The colors of the start menu change spontaneously (without me changing the theme, background color, or any other colors). When I hover the mouse on top of a menu item, the item (and sometimes all items) change color, usually
    they get darker and less contrast. When I hover away with the mouse, the darker color remains. When I hover a second time on top of the item, it gets even darker and soon I cannot read anything on the start menu.

Closing and opening the start menu does not help, but if I return after long time (like: an hour, or the next day) it is fine again..... until the first hovering over start items.

Something similar is also wrong with the tab pages at the top of applications, and with the bookmarks in both chrome and Edge.

I really tried every single setting in 'personalize colors', display settings; I visited many (>50) webpages and tried their 'fixes'' yet it remains wrong. The only thing that ever helps is uninstalling the display driver. After that I have limited control
    over resolutions etc, but at least the colors are readable..... until it spontaneously reinstalls the driver.

Big waste of time. 2000-dollar laptop virtually useless.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Kees

kees-j, Jul 21, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

SonicBlue, Jul 21, 2016
  5. Hella666 Win User
    Can I then return to a non-contrast theme and keep this highlight color? I tried high contrast themes and didn't like them.

Hella666, Jul 21, 2016
  6. Hella666 Win User
    I downloaded the shortcut and put it to my desktop. I opened it and saw like the old style color mixer, but then there's no Advanced options for color of each item like we had in Windows 7. So how will this mixer help me change the color of selected or hovered items?

Hella666, Jul 21, 2016
  7. Hella666 Win User
    I went to High Contrast themes, tried to create several themes, and then the shortcut given by you doesn't show me any color mixer, but shows this:

I don't understand how to use this all. When I put "Window background" white, it's normal inside windows, but it makes me a white taskbar and white start menu which is terrible. When I put Window Background to black, the taskbar and start menu become black, it's better, but the field inside windows becaomes black too and I don't want it either. Can I do anything to get a dark gray (at least black) task bar and start menu, and white field inside windows where I type black text?
    Your link only gives me the mixer when I'm in a normal (not high contrast) theme.

Hella666, Jul 21, 2016
  8. SonicBlue Win User

I'm sorry but this is the way 10 is now. You can change the Taskbar color in personalization. So HC is the only way to change the Highlight color that I know of.

SonicBlue, Jul 22, 2016
  9. Hella666 Win User
    I lost my green selected items because of a crash after which I couldn't restart and couldn't restore Windows to any previous state. BUT: I found out it's very simple to take a theme from a computer working in Windows 7 and copy it to a computer running a clean-installed Windows 10. Here and there themes are stored in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\ and Windows 10 can open a file from W7. When it opens a theme that had Black as the color of 3D objects, they become blue. Then I go to theme settings and choose the color dark gray for the taskbar etc. Then it applies, and my selected text is approximately like it was in W7 but half-transparent. Unfortunately I don't know how to make them opaque.

Hella666, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change colors of selected items and hovered items in Win10? - Similar Threads - change colors selected

2. How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?: I used a completely safe third-party service that allows you to make taskbar groups when you click on it, it displays multiple shortcuts of your choice, as well as setting an icon for that taskbar group. I use it to easily access folders C Drive, Recycle Bin, Desktop,...
  3. How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?: I used a completely safe third-party service that allows you to make taskbar groups when you click on it, it displays multiple shortcuts of your choice, as well as setting an icon for that taskbar group. I use it to easily access folders C Drive, Recycle Bin, Desktop,...
  4. How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. " these item you selected is unavailable"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " these item you selected is unavailable": The computer was reimage but when trying to access Configuration Manager. A message pop up saying "The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it fron the list."...
  6. " these item you selected is unavailable"

" these item you selected is unavailable": The computer was reimage but when trying to access Configuration Manager. A message pop up saying "The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it fron the list."...
  7. How Do I Add An Item ...

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add An Item ...: ... here? (image attached) - ... and remove item from same? 179957
  8. faint hovered and selected item box - how do I change the color

faint hovered and selected item box - how do I change the color: I can barely see the hovered and selected item pale blue default, how do I make this a more visible color? I've gone through several third-party apps that have allowed me to change text highlight background, and options for the drag select box, but I can't seem to find...
  9. How do I change the text select color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the text select color?: When you select text (that it, when you double click a word or hold shift with arrows) the default color is blue. Some websites change this. Is there a way I can do it? If there's a way with WinAero Tweaker, I'd love to hear it too. submitted by /u/PeteyGANG [link]...
  10. how to change an allowed item

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change an allowed item: I accidently allowed a threat. how to fix it so it is not allowed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-an-allowed-item/64448e3f-de76-4309-bf8d-a5664f517735

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i make just the text higlighted on menu item when hovered

2. change color for selected items windows 10

3. win10 change color selected item