Windows 10: How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart

Discus and support How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a little Minix computer that I exclusively use for plex. I never log into it except for maintenance reasons. When the server acts funny, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jthomas5150, Nov 26, 2017.

1. How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart

Hi, I have a little Minix computer that I exclusively use for plex. I never log into it except for maintenance reasons. When the server acts funny, I just want to press the Power Button on the device to restart. I have it set to Shut Down, but sometimes it takes forever to shut down (I'm assuming Windows 10 is updating). Is there a registry tweak I can add so the Power Button restarts the computer vs shutting it down? I am hoping Widows 10 is like all my 7 boxes and does not install pending updates when restarting...

:)

jthomas5150, Nov 26, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

how do i restart my phone if the power button doesnt work

Put it on the charger. It should turn on.

garym123, Nov 26, 2017
  3. how do i restart my phone if the power button doesnt work

this worked 4 me thanks

natalieramnanan, Nov 26, 2017
  4. How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 26, 2017
  5. Hello and thanks!

Restart is not an option with this system with regards to the hardware button on the box. Only Shut down, Sleep and Do nothing...

I was hoping there was a registry tweak to add. I noticed my Windows 7 boxes do not have the option to Restart either...

jthomas5150, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart

1. How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart - Similar Threads - change default behavior

2. How to unlock and restart no power button on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock and restart no power button on screen: No power restart button onscreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-and-restart-no-power-button-on/2f918e9d-a456-4270-a1f0-7ecd1ab15eaf
  3. How to unlock and restart no power button on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to unlock and restart no power button on screen: No power restart button onscreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-and-restart-no-power-button-on/2f918e9d-a456-4270-a1f0-7ecd1ab15eaf
  4. How to unlock and restart no power button on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Power Button default state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Power Button default state: Ok, so I've had a discussion regarding what the default setting is for the Power button of a PC. So I have a friend that just had a new PC, with a clean Windows 11 Pro installation on it. But her cat sometimes is laying down on her PC case. And then sometimes it happens that...
  6. Windows Power Button default state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Power Button default state: Ok, so I've had a discussion regarding what the default setting is for the Power button of a PC. So I have a friend that just had a new PC, with a clean Windows 11 Pro installation on it. But her cat sometimes is laying down on her PC case. And then sometimes it happens that...
  7. How do i change the default pointer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change the default pointer?: I have currently modified how my mouse pointer looks though every time i restart/shutdown this pc the pointer changes to the Microsoft default, I'd had to change the pointer to the one i set every time it starts up, is there a setting to change this or is this non-changeable?...
  8. How do I change the default icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default icons?: Just wondering how and if I can change the default icons in windows and if there is anything I could use to do so thanks submitted by /u/HuNtEd_10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e09jfh/how_do_i_change_the_default_icons/
  9. how do I change default scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I change default scanner: how to I reset default scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-scanner/c43bb6a7-b28d-43a5-a810-a4431723be04
  10. Change Default Action of Power Button in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Action of Power Button in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Action of Power Button in Windows 10 How to Change Default Action of Power Button in Windows 10 The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the system hardware power button on the PC is pressed. Users can specify one of...