Windows 10: How do I change default PDF program from Microsoft Edge to Adobe?

Discus and support How do I change default PDF program from Microsoft Edge to Adobe? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the update of Windows 10 yesterday and noticed that all my PDF files open with Microsoft Edge not Adobe Reader? I would like to know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by imcanadian, Aug 3, 2016.

1. How do I change default PDF program from Microsoft Edge to Adobe?

After the update of Windows 10 yesterday and noticed that all my PDF files open with Microsoft Edge not Adobe Reader? I would like to know how to change the PDF set up in default with Adobe not Microsoft Edge? All I see all the PDF files with the icon, Microsoft Edge on it.

John

:)

imcanadian, Aug 3, 2016
  2. b283s Win User

Windows 10 threshold upgrade changes program default for PDF's

Although they improved the embedded Edge PDF reader in this release. Microsoft changed the default program for all pdf's from Acrobat Reader to Edge. You need to change default program back to Adobe or every time you open a saved PDF it launches Edge
    with the less functional version of the PDF reader.

b283s, Aug 3, 2016
  3. tcdlittle Win User
    How do I prevent Edge from making itself the default program for opening PDF's?

How do I prevent Edge from making itself the default program for opening PDF's? I have set Adobe as the default program several times already, and Edge keeps overriding this after several hours.

OT:

Microsoft Edge

tcdlittle, Aug 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How do I change default PDF program from Microsoft Edge to Adobe?

dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

How do I change default PDF program from Microsoft Edge to Adobe?

1. How do I change default PDF program from Microsoft Edge to Adobe? - Similar Threads - change default PDF

2. How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?: How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-adobe-so-its-not-my-default-for/20e1d6a4-6caa-465a-97b3-cb98f750c671
  3. How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?: How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-adobe-so-its-not-my-default-for/20e1d6a4-6caa-465a-97b3-cb98f750c671
  4. How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program: If you are going to reply with the standard Microsoft BS of go to file associations and remove MS Edge and put your preferred app than you can STOP because that is NOT the permanent solution!!! ever since Windows 10 came out MS Edge Hijacks the Open of PDF files. You can go...
  5. How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program: If you are going to reply with the standard Microsoft BS of go to file associations and remove MS Edge and put your preferred app than you can STOP because that is NOT the permanent solution!!! ever since Windows 10 came out MS Edge Hijacks the Open of PDF files. You can go...
  6. How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox

How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox: Split from this thread.How do I change default brower from Edge to Fire fox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-browser-from-edge-to/bb038e6b-b98f-4544-9bab-29f72433712d
  8. Default application for opening PDF files changes to Microsoft Edge

Default application for opening PDF files changes to Microsoft Edge: Good afternoon, I am at a loss with one user issue at our organization. She is currently running into an issue with .PDF extension randomly changing. She uses Bluebeam as her default PDF program but when it changes it defaults to Microsoft Edge. I have tried nearly...
  9. Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?: From a security standpoint, if you were to pick a PDF viewer, which one would you pick out of these two only? Edge or Adobe? Only from a security standpoint and only pick Edge or Adobe only, meaning no mentioning of other 3rd party PDF programs. 134809
  10. Edge keeps trying to change the default app for pdf-files. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edge keeps trying to change the default app for pdf-files. How do I stop this?: I have a brand new laptop and this version of Win 10 switches the default app for pdf-files back to Edge every time I update my third party pdf software. How do I stop this from happening? It is extremely annoying....