Windows 10: How do I change from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home?

Discus and support How do I change from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think i installed the wrong one and now it tells me to activate windows in the bottom right corner of my screen. 74330 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ansylm, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Ansylm Win User

How do I change from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home?

I think i installed the wrong one and now it tells me to activate windows in the bottom right corner of my screen.

:)

Ansylm, Jan 7, 2017

2. How do I change from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home?

After a painful and failed windows 10 upgrade, I had to re-format my C Drive and then I installed Windows 10. I thought I could use my Win 7 Home, key to activate the upgrade, but after a call to Microsoft I was told to wait a few days and my PC would activate
    on it's own through an update.

Afterwards I realized that have installed Windows 10 Pro and not Home. Can I change versions? How?

Sharon J-C, Jan 7, 2017
  3. How do I change from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home?

no sh*t. that's what the problem is. how about this: use the option to return to 8.1, go to the win10 download site and download the correct version, then do the upgrade. if you no longer have the 8.1 files for whatever reason, do a clean install
    . that,s what I'm doing now.

BlossomStein, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

@Ansylm, welcome to TenForums!

Have you had an activated Windows 10 on this PC before? Have you just done a clean install of Pro? If the answer to both is 'yes' then you may well be right, your digital licence for this PC is for Home only.

Go to Settings > Update & security > Activation and try changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 Home key: TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99 - if you do have a digital licence for Home then it should now find that and activate.

Bree, Jan 7, 2017
  5. Ansylm Win User
    I put in a Windows 10 Home key when i first started my computer up but then i installed Windows 10 Pro.

Ansylm, Jan 8, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You have to do the registry edits that are shown in the video @TairikuOkami linked to, then do an in-place reinstall like the video shows.

NavyLCDR, Jan 8, 2017
  7. Kari Win User

Below an extract from an earlier post at https://www.tenforums.com/installati...tml#post625511

As the post in quote is about switching from Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 8.1 PRO to allow Windows 10 upgrade, I edited the quote to match OP's case (switching from 10 PRO to 10 HOME).

Please notice, in step 8 you can also use the generic Windows 10 HOME key shown in Bree's post earlier in this thread.

Kari, Jan 8, 2017
  8. Ansylm Win User
    How do i change it to Home to I click 'Modify' or 'Modify Binary Data'?

Edit: Nevermind I reread it. How do I change from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home? :p

Ansylm, Jan 8, 2017
  9. Kari Win User
    Double click the name of the string / binary / DWORD / QWORD to open it:

How do I change from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home? [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)
    Edit the value, click OK to save:

10. Ansylm Win User
    I don't know how to do step 7.
    When I plug in the usb this comes up

Ansylm, Jan 8, 2017
  11. Wullail Win User
    Double click the setup icon on that screen

Wullail, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home? - Similar Threads - change pro home

2. how do i downgrade from windows 10 pro to 10 home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i downgrade from windows 10 pro to 10 home?: ive tried the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion way but i cant seem to find WOW6432NODE in my software would anyone know how to do it without WOW6432NODE?...
  3. how do i downgrade from windows 10 pro to 10 home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i downgrade from windows 10 pro to 10 home?: ive tried the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion way but i cant seem to find WOW6432NODE in my software would anyone know how to do it without WOW6432NODE?...
  4. how do i downgrade from windows 10 pro to 10 home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?: How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? I need to have Folder Encryption capability which is not available on Windows 10 Home....
  6. how do i change my windows 10 pro to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change my windows 10 pro to windows 10 home: i have downloaded windows 10 pro instead of windows 10 home and when trying to change versions with the installation media app there was no option to download windows 10 home edition, just pro....
  7. how do i change my windows 10 pro to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my windows 10 pro to windows 10 home: i have downloaded windows 10 pro instead of windows 10 home and when trying to change versions with the installation media app there was no option to download windows 10 home edition, just pro....
  8. how do i change my windows 10 pro to windows 10 home

9. How to change from windows 10 pro to windows home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to change from windows 10 pro to windows home: This is the message I receive when I try to activate it [ATTACH] Is there a way for me to change my windows edition to the one I have the license for? So to change from Windows 10 Pro to Windows home Single language...
  10. How to change from Windows 10 Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to change from Windows 10 Pro to Home: Hi I recently had trouble with my system & had given for service. But the service guy installed Windows 10 Pro OS without asking me. That too cracked software. I previously had Windows 7 Ultimate and upgraded online through free upgrade from Microsoft to Windows 10 (Home, I...