Windows 10: How do I change log-in user name in Windows10?

Discus and support How do I change log-in user name in Windows10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I let a friend log into my Windows 10 laptop. Now I can't seem to find a way where I change user name so I can log in. I have searched forums ... one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by window10, Jul 7, 2015.

1. window10 Win User

How do I change log-in user name in Windows10?

I let a friend log into my Windows 10 laptop. Now I can't seem to find a way where I change user name so I can log in. I have searched forums ... one suggestion was to right click on the user name or power button .... didn't work for me.

I have not created a user name recovery disk or something of that nature ... so that won't work for me either.

I tried F8 to get into safe mode so that I can delete the user .. but can't seem to get into safe mode with F8.

Any other ideas?

:)

window10, Jul 7, 2015
  2. Louie Del Win User

How I do change user name in windows 10 without signing my email up on it? Thanks a lot.

We're glad to know that your concern has been resolved with the steps that were provided. Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.

Regards.

Louie Del, Jul 7, 2015
  3. How I do change user name in windows 10 without signing my email up on it? Thanks a lot.

I know about signing in the email, but I'd love not having to do it.

EdinnySantos, Jul 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you still have your separate account on the PC, then the tutorials below can help show you different ways on how to sign out of your friends account, and switch user to your account in Windows 10. *Smile

Sign out of Windows 10

Switch User in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 7, 2015
Thema:

1. How do I change log-in user name in Windows10? - Similar Threads - change log user

2. How do I change Microsoft user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change Microsoft user name: I am running Windows 10 on my home PC . My MS user name is an email address that I am about to change and want to rename it edit it I have been round and round the Control Panel etc but failed to find an answer...
  3. How do I change the User email and name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the User email and name?: I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I tried changing it with "netplwiz" but it made an error appear when trying to open the file manager, then I tried to fix it with a...
  4. How do I change the User email and name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the User email and name?: I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I tried changing it with "netplwiz" but it made an error appear when trying to open the file manager, then I tried to fix it with a...
  5. How do I change the User email and name?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. User Name - How Do I Change

User Name - How Do I Change: The user name that appears to others, lets say on Zoom, or other game sites, is not what I want and I want to change it. I have gone to ZOOM My Account, Profile, etc and identified the username that appears is fine. I think the name that appears is a "computer name". I...
  7. How do I change my "users" name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my "users" name?: I just noticed whenever I save a file and look for the file path to something, its been a number instead of my name. So it looks like C: > Users > 46374> etc.. is there a way to change it to my actual name instead of this? submitted by /u/braaan92 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I change a user name.

How do I change a user name.: When I was reinstalling Windows 10, what a hassle, I had to use Windows 7. Windows 7 during install asked for a user name and I gave it a number "3" thinking Windows 10 would ask for user name, I was wrong. So I am listed as "3" and I want to change to my name. How do I do...
  9. How do I change the log in name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change the log in name?: I would like to change the log in name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-log-in-name/5552d4a8-b5ab-47e0-bb62-dc8974189350
  10. How do I change my users name.

How do I change my users name.: take it with this, The username is taken by the old owner. [img] Since I want to rename it, It doesn't let me edit it. I don't know if that will stick like that forever. 79248

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change login user in windows10