Windows 10: How do I change Minimize, Maximize, and Close colors in Windows 10

Discus and support How do I change Minimize, Maximize, and Close colors in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to change the color of the Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons in Windows 10? The reason I ask is that if I set my Window border... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hawky, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Hawky Win User

How do I change Minimize, Maximize, and Close colors in Windows 10

Is there any way to change the color of the Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons in Windows 10? The reason I ask is that if I set my Window border color to black (through the hidden Color and Appearance window) or any dark color for that matter, I can't see the buttons at all! *Huh

Border color set to white:

How do I change Minimize, Maximize, and Close colors in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Border color set to black:

Edit: I also just noticed something else. The window name is also black so you can't see that either with the black border.

:)

Hawky, Oct 14, 2015

2. Edge freezing

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but perhaps I wasn't clear above. All I see when Edge starts is the initial all blue window with the 'e' symbol, Microsoft edge written in the top left and the minimize/maximize/close icons in the top right. There is no 'more options'
    symbol so I am unable to do what you suggest. The window will however minimize/maximize/close as 'normal' but the blue screen stays with nothing else viewable and no other options. If I maximize/minimize repeatedly, after several times it just closes (I'm
    only maximizing and minimizing here). Is there a way to do as you suggest without going through the browser itself perhaps ?

Thanks again.

fasharoony, Oct 14, 2015
  3. mangles65 Win User
    How to reduce the size of minimize button?

Original Title: Minimize Maximize Close

Is there a way to make the "Minimize Maximize Close" buttons smaller?

mangles65, Oct 14, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  5. Hawky Win User
    Hawky, Oct 15, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Best that can be done that i know of unless use some other third party software, as minimize and maximize change color when you bring the mouse cursor over it, yes then stay originally white.

jds63, Oct 15, 2015
  7. mykou Win User
    Hi

I had this problem too so I decide to make my own visual style ( using vista style builder - paid licence but worth it )

so I changed buttons colors like the minimize one for example in screenshot :

otherwise the easiest way is to find a theme which have already modified buttons color .

mykou, Oct 15, 2015
  8. Preppy Win User

Have you tried this with the latest Insider build? 10565 might be of high interest to you.

Preppy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change Minimize, Maximize, and Close colors in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change Minimize Maximize

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  4. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  5. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  6. Trying to close/minimize a maximized window and I end up closing/minimizing a window...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to close/minimize a maximized window and I end up closing/minimizing a window...: Hey all, I don't know if this is a bug or some feature that Microsoft put in Windows 10 but it's super annoying. Sometimes for whatever reason I'll move my mouse up to either minimize or close a window that is maximized and it won't close that window I'm intending but...
  7. Aero Tittle, Minimize, Maximize, Close Color Change With StyleBuilder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aero Tittle, Minimize, Maximize, Close Color Change With StyleBuilder: I am having some hard time to achieve this so maybe someone could share some knowledge. I am trying to get the windows equal as in active or inactive mode, the Titlebar color is working but the window border, the Titlebar's Text and the minimize maximize and close they all...
  8. Aero Tittle, Minimize, Maximize, Close Color Change With StyleBuilder

in Windows 10 Support
    Aero Tittle, Minimize, Maximize, Close Color Change With StyleBuilder: I am having some hard time to achieve this so maybe someone could share some knowledge. I am trying to get the windows equal as in active or inactive mode, the Titlebar color is working but the window border, the Titlebar's Text and the minimize maximize and close they all...
  9. Minimize, maximize, close buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize, maximize, close buttons: How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-close-buttons/39d9dca0-e909-482c-b3a6-a222dfd7d5e5
  10. Change the look of the minimize, maximize, close buttons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the look of the minimize, maximize, close buttons?: Is there a way to change the look of the buttons back to the windows 7 version? I already changed the start button look with "open shell" but cannot find such an option for those buttons. submitted by /u/NarrowHornet [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows close color minimize

2. windows 10 make - miminaze darker

3. unable to see close minimize on top right corner windows 10

4. darken windows minimize button,
  5. hp minimize restore and close button color,
  6. how to minimize the name size of my cv in zety,
  7. how to change minimize maximize and close,
  8. windows 10 change color of close minimize and maximize,
  9. how to change minimize maximize and close buttons,
  10. how to change size of close minimize maximize icon windows,
  11. windows 10 change colors of close minimize buttons,