Windows 10: How do I change my profile picture in the Mail app?

Discus and support How do I change my profile picture in the Mail app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to change the profile picture in the mail app but I can't figure out how. I tried changing it through the computer's account settings but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by C. Bowden, Jul 5, 2018.

1. C. Bowden Win User

How do I change my profile picture in the Mail app?

I need to change the profile picture in the mail app but I can't figure out how. I tried changing it through the computer's account settings but nothing changed. There isn't even an option in the Mail app to change this photo, at least not one that I can find.

:)

C. Bowden, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 5, 2018
  3. How to change profile picture

Hi AkashSharma3,

Here are the steps on how to change your picture in your Hotmail account:

https://profile.live.com
    • On the left hand side, click Change picture.
    • Click New picture then choose the picture from your computer.
    • Wait for it to load then click Save.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

MaRoselle Cag, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

contact pictures not showing in mail app

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Windows Powershell.

• Right-click Windows Powershell and click
      Run as
      Administrator.

• Type Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

• Press Enter.

Note: The Mail app and the Calendar app are tied together, so the Calendar app will get uninstalled as well.

After uninstalling the Mail app, restart your computer. You can then reinstall it by following these steps:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Windows Powershell.

• Right-click Windows Powershell and click
      Run as Administrator.

• Type Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

• Press Enter.

When choosing a contact photo, the Photos app would show the pictures under the "Collection" tab by default. You can click the last icon, which would bring you to the "Folders"
    tab. You can then browse the folders in your computer for the picture you want.

How do I change my profile picture in the Mail app? ffd35697-b8c1-4d10-85d8-efb7ef132dc3.png

Let us know if the contact photos appear in the Mail app after reinstalling it.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change my profile picture in the Mail app? - Similar Threads - change profile picture

2. I need to change profile picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change profile picture: Need to change profile picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-change-profile-picture/37f54c5e-421a-401f-a737-c2854cca7614
  3. I need to change profile picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to change profile picture: Need to change profile picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-change-profile-picture/37f54c5e-421a-401f-a737-c2854cca7614
  4. I need to change profile picture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to change my profile picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change my profile picture: Whenever I try to change my profile picture this error message shows up. [ATTACH] I tried changing the permissions to the \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures folder but I already had full control [ATTACH] I also tried changing the pictures in...
  6. How do I change the profile picture on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the profile picture on Windows 10?: For some reason the profile picture on my computer account changed to me from when I was like 12 years old and the options to browse for an image or take a picture is greyed out so it's stuck like that. Really agitating I've been trying to change it for like an hour at this...
  7. How do I remove my profile picture?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove my profile picture?: Hey, I removed my profile picture from mt Microsoft account but it still appear on the sign in screen, Edge and more. How do I remove it completely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-profile-picture/7cceb44b-1f64-4f43-acf3-4cbebf56c0b8
  8. How do I change a profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change a profile: I have 2 profiles. One is my primary account (x) and the other is the one that my laptop is connected to (y). I was wondering if it was possible to change profile y to profile x. Is there a way to do that without deleting all of my data submitted by /u/WerewolfHide19...
  9. how to change the profile picture on my lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to change the profile picture on my lock screen: i have changed the picture of my lock screen. but i dont really like it anymore and i am trying to change it again! but when i try to i cant find where i press to change it i cant because i cant find it!!!! so please tell me where i can find it!...
  10. How do I change the order of my emails in the mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the order of my emails in the mail app?: Hi guys, I'm just setting up the mail app and I can't seem to change the order of email accounts on the left hand side. I looked up other possible solutions and it appears the "right click > move up/down" option is no longer available. Anyone else experience this? Edit:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Change profile picture in Mail app

2. why is mail and calendar using different photo from my office profile

3. how do you change your profile picture on Outlook on mobile?

4. why doesnt my profile picture change on outlook web app,
  5. how long does it take for profile picture to change on outlook app,
  6. how to change email profile photo on widows mail,
  7. how to change the profile name in the mail application,
  8. how to change outlook app profile picture,
  9. can you update outlook profile picture through mobile app,
  10. why does my email picture not change on my laptop app