Windows 10: How do I change my users name.

Discus and support How do I change my users name. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; take it with this, The username is taken by the old owner. [img] Since I want to rename it, It doesn't let me edit it. I don't know if that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Erifgoc, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Erifgoc Win User

How do I change my users name.

take it with this, The username is taken by the old owner.

How do I change my users name. [​IMG]

Since I want to rename it, It doesn't let me edit it.

I don't know if that will stick like that forever.

:)

Erifgoc, Mar 12, 2017
  2. MUFFLE Win User

How do I change my profile name?

I just got my first Windows mobile device, and upgraded to Outlook 2003 right before I tried to hot-sync for the first time. I keep getting support code: 85010014 "ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop." It looks like the outlook profile name
    doesn't match the one on my device. I can't figure out how to change my profile name either on my computer or the device.

I tried just renaming my outlook file, but that didn't seem to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Neal

MUFFLE, Mar 12, 2017
  3. How do I change my profile name?

Hi Neal,

I would advise uninstalling Outlook 2003, reboot then reinstall. I would expect it to be resolved. If not, get back here and we will try to find a solution.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 12, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

You can't reliably rename it - you need to add a new user account.

If you add a local account it will create the folder name you give it. See option 3 here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option3

Make it an administrator account. Account Type - Change in Windows 10

You can then sign on to it and link it to a Microsoft account if you wish. Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10. If you create it as a Microsoft Accounts straight off it will give that folder a odd truncated name.

Once you are happy with new account you can move all your documents etc from old account to C:\Users\Public\Documents and delete the old account. Then move them from C:\Users\Public\Documents to wherever you want them in your new account.

5. Erifgoc Win User
    I see what you meant. I already did those two things a long time ago.
    I made an official account, and made it as an administrator.

How do I change my users name. [​IMG]

I looked at that folder and I found this. The underlined part has all the files.
    I don't know what to do next as I'll easily make a mistake.

Erifgoc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change my users name. - Similar Threads - change users name

2. How do I change the name of my User Folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the name of my User Folder?: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, and for some reason, it put "SwanP" as my Username folder. I want to change this to "Annabelle Baradine", but it says "Access Denied". How do I do this without having to reinstall Windows 10 again?...
  3. How do I change the name of my User Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name of my User Folder?: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, and for some reason, it put "SwanP" as my Username folder. I want to change this to "Annabelle Baradine", but it says "Access Denied". How do I do this without having to reinstall Windows 10 again?...
  4. How do I change the name of my Users folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name of my Users folder?: I was wondering how I can change the name of my user/user library. The name "wildh" I would want to change it, but I don't know how, it's not listed anywhere in the user accounts. I have 3 pictures attached, one of the 3 pictures shows the only account on this computer on the...
  5. How do I change the name of my Users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the name of my Users folder?: I was wondering how I can change the name of my user/user library. The name "wildh" I would want to change it, but I don't know how, it's not listed anywhere in the user accounts. I have 3 pictures attached, one of the 3 pictures shows the only account on this computer on the...
  6. how do I change my Microsoft User Name

how do I change my Microsoft User Name: How do I change my Microsoft Account USERNAME please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-microsoft-user-name/b69524ef-b83e-45e3-be7b-b68cda283595
  7. User Name - How Do I Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Name - How Do I Change: The user name that appears to others, lets say on Zoom, or other game sites, is not what I want and I want to change it. I have gone to ZOOM My Account, Profile, etc and identified the username that appears is fine. I think the name that appears is a "computer name". I...
  8. How do I change the name of my User folder?

How do I change the name of my User folder?: My name is Hemant and the name of the folder is currently heman and I do find that slightly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-user-folder/44d18b45-cad3-44a5-ad47-342b354e436e
  9. How do I change my "users" name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my "users" name?: I just noticed whenever I save a file and look for the file path to something, its been a number instead of my name. So it looks like C: > Users > 46374> etc.. is there a way to change it to my actual name instead of this? submitted by /u/braaan92 [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I change a user name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change a user name.: When I was reinstalling Windows 10, what a hassle, I had to use Windows 7. Windows 7 during install asked for a user name and I gave it a number "3" thinking Windows 10 would ask for user name, I was wrong. So I am listed as "3" and I want to change to my name. How do I do...