Windows 10: How do I change my Windows 10 login password?

Discus and support How do I change my Windows 10 login password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Thanks again! My login is for an Administrative Account. That clears it up.......... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nisko, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I change my Windows 10 login password?

Thanks again! My login is for an Administrative Account. That clears it up..........

Nisko, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Nisko Win User

For the sake of argument, when I login to Windows 10 (administrator account), my login is "xxxxxxx." My Microsoft Account password is "BBBBBBB." I want to change my administrator's account login password from "xxxxxxx" to "KKKKKKK." When I follow the instructions, it seems I first have to login to my Microsoft Account to change my login password. Somehow, I think I'm doing something wrong. What if I didn't have a Microsoft Account password? Would someone please help me out before I do something wrong and lock myself out of my computer? Thank you........

:)

Nisko, Apr 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - How do I change my login email address?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article to change the login email address and check if it helps.

Change the email for your Microsoft account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-email-for-your-microsoft-account

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 29, 2018
  4. AndymgfB Win User

Windows 10 - How do I change my login email address?

On my new computer with windows 10, when setting up I entered my Gmail email account rather than my Hotmail email account details. How do I now change this?

Thanks

Andy

AndymgfB, Apr 29, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    It is not clear - are you logging in with an MS account or a local account?

cereberus, Apr 29, 2018
  6. Nisko Win User
    I am logging in with a local account (which means it has nothing to do with my Microsoft Account). The two passwords are different as I explained in my first post.

Nisko, Apr 29, 2018
  7. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Apr 29, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

I asked because it was not clear what you were saying. Just change the password from accounts settings if a local password. MS password is no relevant at all here.

cereberus, Apr 29, 2018
  9. Nisko Win User
    When I do that and enter my login password, I'm told it's incorrect. If I enter my Microsoft account password, I get to the next screen - but if I change the password there, I think I will be changing the Microsoft Account password, not my Windows 10 login password.

Nisko, Apr 29, 2018
  10. Nisko Win User
    Nisko, Apr 29, 2018
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Apr 29, 2018
  12. Nisko Win User
    @Brink - I need your help here. I found the tutorial you wrote concerning changing my Windows 10 login password (local account). However, I don't get the pages you show in the tutorial when I follow the instructions. If you would, please read my post (above) and the thread. In my case, this is confusing. Thank you.........

Nisko, Apr 29, 2018
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 29, 2018
  14. Nisko Win User
    Thank you for replying. It's been many years since I set up my Microsoft Account and I can't even remember why I did it. How can I tell if it's an Administrator Account?

Nisko, Apr 29, 2018
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. How do I change my Windows 10 login password? - Similar Threads - change login password

2. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my password?: I can change my local account password on my windows 10 machine, but not on my windows 11 machine. Why? The very same local account password that I use to login with just fine, windows says that password is wrong when I go to change it. How can this be, when I just signed in...
  3. How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11: I would like to change my login password, just for increased security. I don't know where to start. I am not looking to change my email passwords....
  4. How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11: I would like to change my login password, just for increased security. I don't know where to start. I am not looking to change my email passwords....
  5. How do I change my password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my password?: I forgot my password, how do I put in a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-password/84ca6441-236e-48cf-a4a9-0745e60c1cdd
  6. How change LOGIN password to Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How change LOGIN password to Windows 10: I just tried to change my login password to my computer. Followed the instructions and got no error message. However, when I rebooted and tried to sign in, it wouldn't accept my new password. It only accepted my old password. Need help here, thanks. I also noticed that I...
  7. How do I change my windows password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change my windows password?: This used to be easy. Now , I can find no option for this in accounts: your info, email & accounts, etc... How do I do this? When i click on "resetting local password" it tries to open a browser. What is going on with this and why is changing a password for windows10 so...
  8. changing my windows 10 login password

changing my windows 10 login password: Hi, I am going to change the login password of my windows 10 to a new one. my problem is that when I am trying to enter my current password, I receive a notice that says 'the password you entered in incorrect. try again.', although, I am entering the correct password by...
  9. How do I reset my Windows 10 login password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I reset my Windows 10 login password?: Under sign-in options I'm trying to add either a a Windows 10 password OR Windows Hello Pin to sign into my PC. The issue I'm having is that I don't remember what my password is to be able to use either of these options. I figured it might be my Microsoft account password but...
  10. How do I change my personal login password?

How do I change my personal login password?: I know this has been ask multiply times but how do I change my login password for my computer? (I am not changing my MS password!!!!, which is the only option "My Info".) Could MS please change this back to Windows 7 style where it is so easy....