Windows 10: How do I change (or disable) the password required for Safe Mode?

Discus and support How do I change (or disable) the password required for Safe Mode? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I'd like to start my laptop in Safe Mode, but it requires a password. Normally I use a PIN code when logging in to my computer. I do know my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hoggorm, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Hoggorm Win User

How do I change (or disable) the password required for Safe Mode?

Hi,

I'd like to start my laptop in Safe Mode, but it requires a password. Normally I use a PIN code when logging in to my computer. I do know my Microsoft password, but it is not accepted by the Safe Mode.

As far as I know I've never set a password on this computer except my Microsoft password. So, what password is it Safe Mode is after? And how do I change it?

Thank you for helping!

:)

Hoggorm, Dec 6, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do I disable password required for the user lock screen?

Hi jprzybilla,

Go to Settings - Accounts - Sign-in Options, set the top Option (Require Sign in) to Never

That's It

DaveM121, Dec 6, 2016
  3. How do I disable password required for the user lock screen?

HP Laptop 17-bs0xx:

Windows 10

IE

Every time I open up my laptop from sleep, it requires typing in my password. How do I disable this feature?

jprzybilla, Dec 6, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

You use your Microsoft password assuming you have at least once connected to the internet.

If you want to change your password press the *Start key and type "password"

lx07, Dec 6, 2016
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    Yes, I have connected to the internet several times.

Changing the password where suggested do not help unfortunately. Just to be sure I've temporarily made a very basic and easy password. It is still not accepted in Safe Mode...

Hoggorm, Dec 6, 2016
  6. TrustMe Win User
    Try Safe Mode with networking. See if that works.

TrustMe, Dec 6, 2016
  7. Hoggorm Win User
    Unfortunately I'm unable to connect to the internet while trying Safe Mode with Networking, so it does not work...

Hoggorm, Dec 6, 2016
  8. TrustMe Win User

Try a ethernet cable with one end plugged into the laptop and the other end plugged into the router. Then try Safe Mode with networking.

TrustMe, Dec 6, 2016
  9. Hoggorm Win User
    It did not work... I used a cable normally connected to a desktop computer. My laptop did not recognize the ethernet cable. It can see my wifi, but is unable to connect to it...

I was under the impression that Safe Mode is a safety feature of Windows 10. How can it be when it will not allow me to use it?

I am the only user of this laptop, it will not accept my Microsoft password. Can I choose not to require a password when entering Safe Mode?

Hoggorm, Dec 6, 2016
  10. TrustMe Win User
    TrustMe, Dec 6, 2016
  11. Hoggorm Win User
    I was able to enter Safe Mode by first setting my account as a "local account", then set a new password.

Hoggorm, Dec 7, 2016
  12. TrustMe Win User
    Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Thanks for the update.

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change (or disable) the password required for Safe Mode? - Similar Threads - change disable password

2. How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?: I have a Legion Y740-17IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81UG and I am running Windows 11.When I boot in safe mode and go to advanced options, I can open elevated command prompt and access my local drive. This is a security issue as anyone with physical access to my computer can run...
  3. How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?: I have a Legion Y740-17IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81UG and I am running Windows 11.When I boot in safe mode and go to advanced options, I can open elevated command prompt and access my local drive. This is a security issue as anyone with physical access to my computer can run...
  4. How do I require a different login method for Safe Mode? My computer used to require this,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I require a different login method for Safe Mode? My computer used to require this,...: I use a PIN to log in to my normal Windows 10 account, but I would like to require a password to log in to Safe Mode, without the option to use a PIN. I know it’s possible because it used to be the case about two months ago on my computer. I could use any login method for...
  5. How do I change Safe Mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change Safe Mode.: How do i change Safe Mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-safe-mode/e15d7111-87ae-4342-832e-9e4166ed8a12
  6. How do I disable safe mode on my computer if I have forgotten the password required for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I disable safe mode on my computer if I have forgotten the password required for...: My computer was put into safe mode and I am unsure how to disable it. I have forgotten the password as I have always used a pin to log into the computer. I am unable to use a windows account password as rebooting safe mode with networking doesn't connect to the internet. How...
  7. Changing Safe Mode Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Safe Mode Password: Trying to boot into safe mode.. I know my Microsoft password.. but when I try to boot into safe mode .. it doesn’t work. I even reset it and same thing ? submitted by /u/pittguy578 [link] [comments]...
  8. Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode: Good day to who it my concern! Pls sorry on my english, hope will write all understandable. Few time ago I added t****datelly recognised my product key fr**** was ok. Opened new Microsoft account for this PC, installed all updates and PC was working just fine. After few...
  9. safe mode password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    safe mode password: hey! so when i try to login in safe mode its ask me for a password and i know its not pin password and its for my Microsoft account but when i enter the password its show me that the password is incorrect... i tried every single password i know but its still show me that's...
  10. safe mode password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe mode password: im unable to restart windows 10 to normal mode. im stuck on entering safe mode since its asking for password. ive used the password and pin and both come up incorrect. ive tried all options possible but each leads to the password stage and incorrect as usual. can i get help...