Windows 10: How do I change the Administator?

Discus and support How do I change the Administator? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Microsoft, why do you do this to us?? I have just 'upgraded' my laptop to Windows 10 in the last few weeks. Now, my mum's laptop has died and I want... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mitchkitty007, Aug 12, 2015.

1. How do I change the Administator?

Microsoft, why do you do this to us??
    I have just 'upgraded' my laptop to Windows 10 in the last few weeks. Now, my mum's laptop has died and I want to give her mine. But it's stuck with all my details and log on. I tried creating a 2nd profile, but it didn't allow access to my files, ie: family photos, common links on the internet etc.
    So, how do I change the Administrator from me to my mum?
    I have spent hours in the 'settings' 'family account' section and cannot fathom it out. Any suggestions would be gratefully received *Smile

:)

mitchkitty007, Aug 12, 2015
  2. 7thSense Win User

how do i change the update (change) the username of my microsoft account on my windows phone?

Everything in your phone is associated with the Microsoft Account. This means you need to factory reset your phone in order to switch the main account. To factory reset your phone:
    Settings > about > reset your phone

7thSense, Aug 12, 2015
  3. how do i change the update (change) the username of my microsoft account on my windows phone?

hello,

I have set up a windows account and changed the email address on my computer but I cant seem to change it on my windows 8 phone; it comes up with the error code 80072EE7.

When I go on the settings, it shows me my old username (the wrong email address) but wont let me change it.

Please help,

thank you!

From

C.Alexander123, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

How do I change the Administator?

1. How do I change the Administator? - Similar Threads - change Administator

2. How to change the "No items match your search" text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...
  3. How to change the "No items match your search" text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...
  4. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  5. Changing administer email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing administer email: I'm having trouble changing details for my administer account. I want to change the email address associated with the account to the one I'm using currently, but when trying to add it as an alias it says the email is already taken. If I unlink the device associated with the...
  6. Changing administer email

Changing administer email: I'm having trouble changing details for my administer account. I want to change the email address associated with the account to the one I'm using currently, but when trying to add it as an alias it says the email is already taken. If I unlink the device associated with the...
  7. Changing administer email

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. how to change standard user account back to administer on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change standard user account back to administer on windows 11?: how do i change my standard user back to administer because i accidentally changed it to standard and now i can't add another user to switch it back on my windows 11....
  9. how to change standard user account back to administer on windows 11?

how to change standard user account back to administer on windows 11?: how do i change my standard user back to administer because i accidentally changed it to standard and now i can't add another user to switch it back on my windows 11....
  10. how do I change from one administer to anotther

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I change from one administer to anotther: how do I create an administer account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-change-from-one-administer-to-anotther/8d3b4674-70b8-4e03-89f3-2fb1129359c8"