Windows 10: How do I change the colour of context menu in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I change the colour of context menu in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, This is my first post here. I'd like to change the colour of the background of context menu in Windows 10. My current colour is gray:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by menteith, Jul 9, 2016.

1. menteith Win User

How do I change the colour of context menu in Windows 10?

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I'd like to change the colour of the background of context menu in Windows 10. My current colour is gray:

How do I change the colour of context menu in Windows 10? [​IMG]

I have seen over the Internet that this colour could be white, as in this photo:

How do I change the colour of context menu in Windows 10? [​IMG]

How do I change the colour from gray to white?

Thanks in advance.

:)

menteith, Jul 9, 2016
  2. Thanatica Win User

Consolidate context menu styles

The style for context menus need to be consolidated. There are current three different styles:

• Right-click on an empty region of the taskbar: you will get a black context menu with a light border and no icons, which fades in and out.
    • Right-click on a taskbar app button: you will get a black context menu without border but with monotone icons, which slides in and out from the bottom.
    • Right-click on the desktop and most other places: you will get a bright-grey context menu with coloured icons, which fades in and out.

Like I said, there is no need to maintain three different styles for a visual element that is the result of three identical user interactions, only in different places. These three styles come with a virgin installation of Windows 10, which can make it confusing
    to new and upgraded users why the colour and such is suddenly different for essentially the same 'thing'.

To reiterate, differences in:

• Background colour
    • Text colour
    • Border style
    • Hide- and show animation
    • Coloured icons, monotone icons, or no icons

Why not make these the same for every context menu? It's easier to maintain (for Microsoft devs) and easier on the user experience (for your valued customers).

Thanatica, Jul 9, 2016
  3. Blocking format command on Jumpdrive eject menus

I suggest you do a Google search with the phrase

how to change the Windows context menu

Frederik Long, Jul 9, 2016
Thema:

How do I change the colour of context menu in Windows 10?

1. How do I change the colour of context menu in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change colour context

2. How do I modify the context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I modify the context menu: Greetings,How do I modify the right click context menu?There are so many options it is cluttered.I have tried various solutions, but none seem to work.edit right click menu windows 11 - Google SearchThanks,WV-Mike...
  3. How do I modify the context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I modify the context menu: Greetings,How do I modify the right click context menu?There are so many options it is cluttered.I have tried various solutions, but none seem to work.edit right click menu windows 11 - Google SearchThanks,WV-Mike...
  4. HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?: Recently I upgraded my OS to 11 from 10. Is there any way to change the blue color of the icons as shown in the image into any other color as per my choice?? I tried changing the accent color but no luck :Pls help me asap!! Thanks in advance...
  5. How do I turn on context menu shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn on context menu shortcuts?: For example, when you want to rename a file, you can right click on it, then press "m" on your keyboard to rename that file because "m" is the shortcut for rename when the context menu is open, as signified by the underlined "' on the "rename" option. However, it's not...
  6. How do I change the background colour of a Window in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background colour of a Window in Windows 10?: How do I change the background colour of a window I am writing in? When using a word processor, for example, I find writing on a white background stressful, I would like the background colour of the window to be, say, faun. I used to be able to do this in earlier versions of...
  7. How to Change Context Menu Selector Color

How to Change Context Menu Selector Color: After this update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 my context menu (right click menu) selector become a brighter color. Here is a picture for example : [img] (see I select "refresh") Before update, the color is a darker color. Feels contrast with the context...
  8. How to Change Context Menu Selector Color

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Change Context Menu Selector Color: After this update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 my context menu (right click menu) selector become a brighter color. Here is a picture for example : [img] (see I select "refresh") Before update, the color is a darker color. Feels contrast with the context...
  9. Start menu not changing colours

Start menu not changing colours: [ATTACH] Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu taskbar" is ticked...
  10. How to change of context menu ?

How to change of context menu ?: Hi, Is there any way to change the right click menu from white to black ? As you can see in the picture the right click menu is white and i cannot find the reg key to change the color to black *cry Or if anyone has some thing i can install to change the color then i...