Windows 10: How do i change the current defult of .lua

Discus and support How do i change the current defult of .lua in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded a .lua file and it asked me what do i want it to open with. I exited out and it still made all my .lua files a photoshop file. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JacobB, Sep 1, 2015.

1. JacobB Win User

How do i change the current defult of .lua

I downloaded a .lua file and it asked me what do i want it to open with. I exited out and it still made all my .lua files a photoshop file. I have tried alot from setting default to trying to revert my pc 2 day backs still nothing. I know the default program is suppose to be called "Unknown application" but cant get it back. Here is a photo incase i didnt explain it well Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

JacobB, Sep 1, 2015

2. Notepad Problems

I am having trouble figuring out how to save documents in notepad as a .lua file. I want to do this because I am teaching myself coding, but nothing will work because whenever I save something in notepad even though I added ".lua" at the end of the name
    when saving it, it still saves as a text file. I cannot figure out how to change it to a .lua file. Please help me.

With Gratitude,

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hairy Penguin, Sep 1, 2015
  3. how do you change network defult

my phone that i brought outright has optus as defult and im with vodafone what do i do?????

goochy---01, Sep 1, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

lx07, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Ninetailz Win User
    Choose one of the .Lua file right click > properties > opens with and click change and make it another program like sublime text 3 or notepad ++ (you have to install one of this program)

Ninetailz, Sep 1, 2015
  6. JacobB Win User
    First one helped me but thank you both for taking the time to type it out.

JacobB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i change the current defult of .lua - Similar Threads - change current defult

2. How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...: Windows 11.How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only persist while the File Explorer window is active....
  3. How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...: Windows 11.How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only persist while the File Explorer window is active....
  4. windows defult app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defult app: Windows default app is not working in my pc how can i solve it???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defult-app/6b90b7a1-d9aa-4d84-8cfc-cb11ba8b3baf
  5. How do I restore the display defult setting Thw restore defaulf button ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore the display defult setting Thw restore defaulf button ??: How do I restore the DISPLAY DEFAULT TO ORIGINAL SIZE. I TRIED TO CHANGE THE TEXT SIZE NOW EVERYTHING ISS 10 TIMES SIZE ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-the-display-defult-setting-thw/3a3c80d9-3a7e-44b8-8911-320d569f5543
  6. Change Defult Storage Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Defult Storage Location: Hi there, I recently purchased a new computer where the hard drive is partitioned into a smaller C drive which is just a boot drive and larger D drive which is meant for everything else. I am having trouble because the C drive is the default drive for installation of new...
  7. Changing Defult Folder/File Display Size on entire computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Defult Folder/File Display Size on entire computer: I am unable to discover a way to do this in Windows 1.0. I have been able to do the with absurd ease in every earlier version of Windows. What is wrong with this version??? I found an earlier post about this very problem but the solution given does not seem to be possible at...
  8. Cant change Default app for .lua

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change Default app for .lua: I currently have .lua extention on Sublime text 2. and i would like to change it to another program and windows wont let me change it. ive tried changing from properties, and the windows settings. if you know how to fix this, i would like to hear your answer...
  9. How do i revert back to default .lua application

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i revert back to default .lua application: Hello. So i've recently downloaded Civ 6, so I decided to look up some mods for it. Because it would make it abit more interesting. I had a mod that would require me to manually change some of the text in the file to my own liking. You probably guessed it by now, I...
  10. I don't like my current Windows spotlight, how do I change it?

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't like my current Windows spotlight, how do I change it?: Or tell it to fetch next image. I already pressed I don't like vote button. 62964