Windows 10: How do i change the default dir when i open up windows explorer

Discus and support How do i change the default dir when i open up windows explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My C: is for OS only My E: is for all my stuff I am tired of opening up explorer only to have to click serveral times to get to E: For example it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by durangod, May 5, 2016.

1. durangod Win User

How do i change the default dir when i open up windows explorer

My C: is for OS only
    My E: is for all my stuff

I am tired of opening up explorer only to have to click serveral times to get to E:
    For example it says quick access or thispc. I want it to default to E: when i open up explorer

Is it possible, and how do i do that?

Thanks dave

:)

durangod, May 5, 2016
  2. savra13 Win User

How do I change my homepage when I open up internet explorer to Yahoo not microsoft

It would be helpful to say that the e for the internet explorer short cut with my homepage has a gold halo around it. Once I pinned it to the taskbar it opens to my yahoo.com webpage. I did have it set correctly. The "e" without the halo opens to msn....please
    advise to pin "e" with halo short cut to taskbar when changing homepage.

savra13, May 5, 2016
  3. How do I change my homepage when I open up internet explorer to Yahoo not microsoft

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues changing the home page in Internet Explorer. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

"it high jacked everything....it lied and said my info would remain the same!", if you are facing issues finding the data after upgrading to windows 10, you may please refer to the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Please follow the below steps to change the home page in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

• Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.

• Tap or click the Tools button
      How do i change the default dir when i open up windows explorer [​IMG]
      , and then tap or click
      Internet options.

• On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. You can add more than one URL, or add the site you're currently viewing by tapping or clicking
      Use current. If you add more than on URL, put each URL on its own line.

• Tap or click Apply, and then tap or click OK. The next time you open a new browsing session or window (or tap or click the
      Home button), your home pages will be loaded automatically.
    Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Are you opening File explorer on the Taskbar? If so, by right clicking on the icon you will probably find the E:\folders (the ones you use the most) are listed and you can select them. This should save a few clicks.

philc43, May 5, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    You can also create a shortcut of explorer.exe replace the doohickey in there with: E:\ -- save the changes and test it to make sure. You can create any number of such "aimed" explorer shortcuts and store 'em in your utilities folder.

RolandJS, May 6, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Open File Explorer. Right click on E: and drag to Desktop then release button. Select Create shortcuts here.

That will place an icon on your Desktop that when clicked takes you directly to E:.

Ztruker, May 7, 2016
  7. TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i change the default dir when i open up windows explorer - Similar Threads - change default dir

2. How do I change the opening screen when I power on?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the opening screen when I power on?: I'm using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. When I power on, the opening screen displays the Time, Date, a full screen picture, and three messages including, in the top right corner, "Like what you see?" The other two messages, which I ignore, appear to be Microsoft promotion...
  3. How do i change Windows 10 explorer search default action to open file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i change Windows 10 explorer search default action to open file location: Hello everyone i need help with this problem which triggers me a little,How do i change that when i search for something in windows explorer and i click on it it doesn't open the file but it shows it in the folderlike when you right click and click on open file locationor how...
  4. How do i change Windows 10 explorer search default action to open file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change Windows 10 explorer search default action to open file location: Hello everyone i need help with this problem which triggers me a little,How do i change that when i search for something in windows explorer and i click on it it doesn't open the file but it shows it in the folderlike when you right click and click on open file locationor how...
  5. How do i change Windows 10 explorer search default action to open file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11: I want to have the icon for Explorer on my taskbar, open up to my D partition where my documents are. I see from this article how to get it pinned to the start menu, and have it open up to D from the icon in my start menu. But after pinning explorer to my taskbar, it reverts...
  7. Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11: I want to have the icon for Explorer on my taskbar, open up to my D partition where my documents are. I see from this article how to get it pinned to the start menu, and have it open up to D from the icon in my start menu. But after pinning explorer to my taskbar, it reverts...
  8. How do I change the default for opening files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default for opening files?: I’m trying to download a zip file from google. When trying to open it, I was asked what application to open it with and was prompted with several options. I clicked “open with internet explorer” and that didn’t work out. I’ve downloaded a proper zip file opener application...
  9. how do I change the default to open an app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I change the default to open an app: How do I change the program default to open a .jef file. The one I have is not working and I even deleted the old app, but it still won't change anything....
  10. How Do I Open Windows Explorer to Desktop by Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Open Windows Explorer to Desktop by Default?: How do I get windows explorer to open up to the desired directory by default? I want to be able to open it to the Desktop directory. How do I do this? 92939