Windows 10: How do I change the default windows 10 password?

Discus and support How do I change the default windows 10 password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, For some reason, my Windows 10 is synched to my Outlook password. This seems very silly to me. Does anyone know how I can a different... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by john1974, Aug 12, 2015.

1. john1974 Win User

How do I change the default windows 10 password?

Hi,

For some reason, my Windows 10 is synched to my Outlook password. This seems very silly to me.

Does anyone know how I can a different password for my windows 10 so it's not the same as my hotmail?

Cheers,
    J

:)

john1974, Aug 12, 2015

2. Change default drive: How do I change the default drive that my system will install programs on?

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

In order to change the default installation directory, please change the following in the registry.

• Press Windows key + X, type regedit and press Enter.
    • Locate the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    • Right click on the value named ProgramFilesDir & change the default value
      C:\Program Files to the path you want to install all your programs in.
    • Click OK and Exit.

Windows, by default, will now install your programs in the new drive or path.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur
    if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back
    up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Change default drive: How do I change the default drive that my system will install programs on?

My problem is Windows 10 has already been installed. How do I move the existing stuff, as well as anything new?

I have completely filled up an SSD (Solid State Drive) which holds 236 Gig. I've tried removing all the cloud software which got me 38 GB but 2 days later it had filled up again. I figure the only way to get more space is to move the two Program Files to
    another drive.

Ed Isenberg, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  5. john1974 Win User
    john1974, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change the default windows 10 password? - Similar Threads - change default password

2. How do i change the default pointer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the default pointer?: I have currently modified how my mouse pointer looks though every time i restart/shutdown this pc the pointer changes to the Microsoft default, I'd had to change the pointer to the one i set every time it starts up, is there a setting to change this or is this non-changeable?...
  3. How do i change the default pointer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change the default pointer?: I have currently modified how my mouse pointer looks though every time i restart/shutdown this pc the pointer changes to the Microsoft default, I'd had to change the pointer to the one i set every time it starts up, is there a setting to change this or is this non-changeable?...
  4. How do I change the default font in windows?

How do I change the default font in windows?: Hi tech wizards, I'm trying to change the default font in windows, but my google searches and attempts to find a setting did not work. I have come to you for your advice, what should I do? The closest thing I found regarded a registry hack file, and I found that kind of...
  5. How do I change the background to default

How do I change the background to default: how to I change the background display to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-to-default/c4f68526-07c6-4e79-86f4-c6ee58378b17
  6. default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...: Easy fix automatic would NOT change my word documents files ACCIDENTALLY converted to Internet Explorer file in Windows 10. I cannot open the Windows 10 documents saved in Internet Explorer 10 on my PC Desktop Suggestions?.. beyond Microsoft's suggestions?...
  7. how do I change password on microsoft windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I change password on microsoft windows 10: How do I change password on Microsoft 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-password-on-microsoft-windows-10/e305f0fc-93ad-415a-9414-3a5a9cb2443e"
  8. How do I change the default icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default icons?: Just wondering how and if I can change the default icons in windows and if there is anything I could use to do so thanks submitted by /u/HuNtEd_10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e09jfh/how_do_i_change_the_default_icons/
  9. How do I change a default app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change a default app?: I accidentally did the default of .jar files as "Notepad", when I don't want any default app. How do I set it to no default at all? [ATTACH] When I click on it, this shows:[ATTACH] And when I click "Look for an app in the Store", it doesn't show an option to set no...
  10. how do I change default scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I change default scanner: how to I reset default scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-scanner/c43bb6a7-b28d-43a5-a810-a4431723be04