Windows 10: How do I change the Font Color of my Icons?

Discus and support How do I change the Font Color of my Icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, each time I boot up my computer it automatically changes my Icons font color to black instead of white. I have to manually change back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 24, 2016.

1. How do I change the Font Color of my Icons?

For some reason, each time I boot up my computer it automatically changes my Icons font color to black instead of white. I have to manually change back to white each time. So can someone tell me why it is doing this and what I need to do to fix it?

Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop & Acer Aspire 5749 Laptop.

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 24, 2016

2. How do I change the Font Color to white? of the Title bar Windows 10

Those steps involve copying off the MSStyles you have to a fixed location. 10532 updates MSStyles. System looks for 'dark context menu' in the loaded MSStyles -- but those steps had you copy off an old fixed copy and now we're broken and can't load that.
    Whatever the code does when it can't load the theme is what's going to happen. If it gets bad enough, you won't be able to use your system outside of safe mode. In this instance it just appears to badly mangle drawing those menus. I haven't tracked anything
    worse than that yet, but --- people are playing with dynamite here.

edit: In fairness, 10525 updated them too. They update fairly often. Using your own fixed version of MSStyles is a path to failure.

zachd [MSFT], Jan 24, 2016
  3. How do I change the Font Color to white? of the Title bar Windows 10

I've noticed something in multiple OS environments...there is a trend toward accessibility for those with no usable vision, but no thought to those of us with
    some usable vision. I don't generally need the screen read aloud to me. I used to use a screen reader, but find my "nose-to-screen" method more effective and less cumbersome. My specific eye problems make large magnification more of a hindrance than
    a help. I just need to be able to enlarge the things I want, change colors...or impose a
    GOOD dark theme that is customizable. You can customize screen readers in just about any way under the sun...but not the general look of the OS. This isn't just a Windows thing, though it's quite evident now in Windows since they've taken more
    and more custom theming options out of the system. For some of us...those with color blindness and other visual difficulties, they're not a convenience or a fun toy...they're a vital part of the experience that allows us to get our work done.

Ruthie.Rayne, Jan 24, 2016
Thema:

How do I change the Font Color of my Icons?

1. How do I change the Font Color of my Icons? - Similar Threads - change Font Color

2. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  3. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  4. How do I change the color of the font

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I change the color of the font: I need to change the color of my font to black, How do I do it ? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-font/0845b273-67b2-4fa1-9ae1-4130d53b9194
  5. How to change the Desktop Icon font color

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the Desktop Icon font color: The font color of desktop icons doesn't change even after trying every solution found on the Internet. I have tried to make the background-color orange and remove the shadows of the texts. [ATTACH] And even after setting the desktop background to white, the font is still...
  6. How do I change the font color on my desktop icons?

How do I change the font color on my desktop icons?: When I got to my computer today, the font color on my icons had changed from black to white. I have a colorful background and I cannot read them anymore. I have a feeling that there may have been a Microsoft 365 update and perhaps that caused it. I tried lightening my...
  7. How do I change the color of my taskbar icons?

How do I change the color of my taskbar icons?: So right now my taskbar looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/o16pilI.png Is it possible to change the colors of the icons so its easier for my eyes? The white and grey doesn't go too well, and the time is black for some reason? 156835
  8. How to change desktop icon font color

How to change desktop icon font color: Hi, I have winaero tweaker, and don't see how to change icon/shortcut font color. Could someone help with tweaker or in the registry editor? I have windows 10 1903. I see "desktop colors - which setting applies to icon font color? thanks...
  9. how to change desktop icon font color and style

how to change desktop icon font color and style: With this latest Windows update, the icons on my desktop are in white with shadows. How can I get them to return to regular black letters. Thank you....
  10. Change Desktop icon font color

Change Desktop icon font color: I've tried the changing background to Orange, etc and it doesn't work for me. Somewhere, it was mentioned about changing to orange then changing back. Followed the procedure and it didn't work.Would like to change to black. Pete 78333